“Have Stayed here many times and will again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #62 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Have Stayed here many times and will again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I felt compelled to write my 1st review after seeing all the horrible comments on here about this hotel. We travel to Orlando at least once a year. My sister and I usually travel together and we discovered the Seralago about 7 years ago. Since then we have stayed quite a few times. Let me say that we love it here! It is in a great location with a grocery store, Walgreens and restaurants all within 5 minutes drive. The location to Walt Disney World cannot be better and so easy to find not to mention the interstate 4 being right there so if you are headed to Universal or SeaWorld it is easy to locate.

I stayed in May 2014 and we brought 2 nieces and 2 nephews with us had two connecting rooms and we stayed for 10 days. Had a great time. The rooms are not fancy but they are clean (who goes to Orlando and stays in the hotel anyway). They dont have a "waterpark" which is so popular nowadays but they have an awesome whirlpool and swimming pool in the main building area. Of course we have found with Kids that they dont care at the end of the day all they wanted was a pool and thought it was awesome to be swimming at night. There is also a laundry room.

It is Florida people, the tropical air is going to make the rooms humid sometimes and that may cause the room to have a little musty smell, that is why you have air conditioning and if it is too bad then ask for air freshener in the room. I am not sure what to say about the roaches, we have not seen any of them when we have stayed. I agree and could do without the $5 resort fee and was little surprised the first time we had to pay it.

I will say the beds are a bit hard and you could use new pillows so if there was anything I would change it would be this. In the day and age of the "Heavenly bed" it is great to have a nice bed to sleep in at the end of a long theme park day.

I am not sure what the older rooms are like and it is possible they are not in the best shape, hence the remodel. If something is not correct and you are not getting the response from the staff that you want then speak with General Manager. They cannot do anything if they dont know what is going on. I am not going to say that we have not had a couple of issues but I can say that they were immediately addressed and we left very satisfied guests.

To conclude this very long review let me say two things, I was a hotel general manager for 5 years and I am a travel agent now. I would recommend this hotel to my friends (which I did) as well as any of my clients that are looking for an inexpensive hotel in a great location. We will see you in May for Star Wars weekend :)

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the building closest to the Lobby. That section has the best whirlpool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here the week of December 8th 2014. The location is good. Lots of restaurants, old town hall and mini golf all easy walking. Take a cab for celebration town though.There's also easy public bus transportation up and down the 1-92 for more shopping to target or walmart. Make sure to have one dollar bills handy as it's $2.00 exact per person. The rooms are clean and beds fine but dated, however I noticed many rooms are getting upgraded with flat screens and new furniture that looks quite nice. It was a cool week but I imagine that the pool area is great for kids when in full swing. I'd recommend the first block closest to the main building. Better kept and more of a holiday feel. Fine for sleeping generally and good for families looking for something economical. A home point between park trips however not what I would actually stay at as the main vacation point. I would advise making sure no teams are staying here during the time you want to book. Had two really bad nights when basketballs or footballs were thrown against our door and yelling and screeching and knocking between 11 p.m.until 2 a.m. This should have been promptly addressed by security without my having to call front desk twice in a night and even then, little was done. When I complained the next day, front desk just shrugged and said "you weren't the only one that complained." Unfortunately the lack of sleep for two nights and park visits resulted in me having to spend the third day sick in bed. I've stayed here before and never experienced this so again, call and make sure no teams are staying. No coffee machines in rooms are a real problem for early risers. Tuck shop opens at 6:30 a.m. but if you need coffee before, McDonalds across the street is your only option, open 24 hours a day. Would be nice if the front desk had a pot brewing at 5 a.m. for early risers to access however the rooms definitely need there own. A couple of accesible plastic chairs perhaps stored in upper walkways would have been pleasant to use in the evenings to sit outside of balconey rooms and could be easily put back so they aren't in the way of the staff cleaning carts the next morning. Breakfast is ok and reasonably priced. Would be nice if they turned the heat on in the cafe during cool mornings and kept plates warmed as the food went cool after hitting the cold plates. Also you can order fried eggs as part of the buffet which they don't readily tell you. There should be a sign at the buffet. The big problem here is that the early park shuttle leaves hotel at 7:20 a.m. but the breakfast doesn't open until 7 a.m. So not very useful for guests to have a meal before parks if they want to catch the early shuttle. The return shuttle times are quite spread out so I highly recommend the public transportation if you want to return at a more convenient time. It's bus #56 which you catch at Disney's main transportation area. The monorail stops here and this bus is at worst a 20 minute wait however it takes the same time to get to the hotel as the shuttle and there's a stop right in front of hotel. We used it every day to return and you can't beat 2 bucks. All in all this hotel is good value to use for sleeping and a day here and there between park visits.

Room Tip: First block closest to main building
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The remodel is not gonna save this property, while the room was as clean as it can get they still need help.
The unruly teens lurking about all hours of the night and hiding from security amongst the semi trailers, storage containers, building materials etc was a bit scary.
A resort fee for this place is a joke not a resort just an old rundown scary place was not quite as bad two and a half years ago but no resort fee then either.

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Booked this place through priceline using express deals. I usually don't use the express deals, because I have dogs and don't want to get stuck with a huge pet fee. The pet fee was provided beforehand, so I went ahead and booked it. It was supposed to be a 2 star property. I wouldn't even give this place a 1/4 star. The lady was rude upon check in. I went to my room in the far back and I kid you not..like 100 kids were playing football in the parking lot. I was so worried about our car. We went into our pet friendly room and I wouldnt even let the dogs stay in that room. Room smelled of animal urine and mold very badly. I called to the front desk to see if we could be moved away from the kids and the stench of this room. I was told I could not move. I told her we would be leaving and she hung up on me. Thankfully Priceline was kind enough to give us our money back minus one night. We had a terrible experience at this property and will never return. I do not feel it was safe when were there either!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On December 8th after a unsatisfactory stay at the champions world resort our team
Checked in to this hotel . We pulled up didn't even unpack . The rooms smelled of mold and cigarette smoke . I pulled back bedding to check for bed bugs and I didn't see any . Carpets were old and the room was filthy . I opened the mini fridge and 6 cockroaches were inside . Than 3 more popped up ran out of the fridge into the carpet . I contacted the front desk to report what was going on for the front desk to ask me if I wanted to move rooms . My response was noooo I want out . My children and I and the rest of the football team got out as fast as we checked in . I would never ever stay at this filthy motel ever again .

Stayed December 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm not one to write negative reviews but it's needed...I'm actually laying in the hotels horrible bed as I write this.
I just needed a cheap place to sleep for the night so I booked through priceline express deal. I have done this a dozen times and have never been
disappointed...guess I can't always get lucky. As soon as I found out where I was staying and saw the reviews I got scared. But I know everyone has a different opinion so I didn't think it could really be that bad.
I was wrong.
I did upon check in request a newly renovated room like other reviews suggested but they were full...of course.
Stepping into my room I knew it was going to be bad. Smells like mildew, just feels in the air damp, then I walked on the floor...also feels damp. The pictures on the walls are all crooked, drawer is all broken down. Stains. Stains EVERYWHERE. Even the shower curtain. Rust and grime...looks like the most crummy cleaning I've ever seen.
Oh god the bed is like a bed you find randomly on the side of the road when you're desperate. I immediately stripped the sheets off looking for bugs.
If it wasn't so late and only for a night I would have left...we contemplated just driving home but I knew it's too late at night. I have NEVER felt this way about a hotel. This is definitely the worst room I've ever seen. I can appreciate they are trying to renovate but damn they need to just close off their old rooms until they fix them. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge a resort fee for this too! HA!
Don't stay here unless you are guaranteed a new room and are also desperate.
Or you need a shady hotel to take a cheap prostitute to.

• Stayed December 2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Kristin, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, but we wanted to address a few of your concerns and also request that you reach out with a bit of additional information if possible. First, let me say that I can't apologize enough if you had a negative experience here. We always want all of our guests to feel completely at home and accommodated, and I'm sorry if that's not the impression you had. That said, I wanted to assure you that we clean every room thoroughly between guests. We would never put you in a room that hadn't been properly prepared, and while some of our rooms are a bit more outdated than others, they're all taken care of in the same way. You mentioned finding stains, and we'd love to look into this. Feel free to let us know where those were, besides the shower curtain. You also had concerns about the bed -- you mentioned you had issues with it, but you didn't really explain what those issues were. We'd love to know specifics so that we can address that concern as well.

Finally, I wanted to address your ending comment and let you know that the reputation of this hotel is very important to us. We pride ourselves on being family friendly and community-oriented, and I'm sorry if that's not the impression that you had, but that's what we are. There is absolutely nothing shady about this resort. We might not be the fanciest of places, but we are a safe, upstanding, and fun place to stay. Should you ever choose to visit again in the future, I'm sure that's the impression you'll have.

Best,
Jan, General Manager
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed here 3 nights in august. and again love this place . it was clean a great price frig and microwave in room. And right next to old town. bedding was very comfortable making for a great nights sleep. 2 pools a market on property plenty of parking and a on property restaurant. staff was friendly and know the area well. don't be afraid to ask they are happy to help you. I will be here next trip to Disney.They also have free transportation to Disney and universal and seaworld. what more can you ask for. And I paid less then 50.00 a night!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
This is exactly what we love to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience -- we'd love to be your home-away-from-home anytime you're in the area. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation just as much as your time here with us.

All the best and happy holidays,
Jan, General Manager

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!