“Not fancy but good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #62 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not fancy but good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed for 6 days in the kids suite. The room was not fancy, not newly renovated but it was clean. They have a nice pool and a decent breakfast buffet. They do have a nice "convenience" store with a food court as well. We did use the little store to grab a 2liter of pop and coffee in the evening. The breakfast buffet was free for kids and had a wide variety of food. The hotel offered scheduled service to all the parks- something that Is becoming difficult to find. They have free wifi, but it was down part of our stay.
My biggest complaint is that maid service did come quite early- difficult after a long day at Disney- and they would only knock once and then just try to come in.
As others have stated, you aren't in Orlando and staying in your room. It was a clean hotel with perfect amenities/location for the price.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids spend the little bit extra for the kids suit. It has bunk beds and a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you, Corrie! I want to apologize if we were overly aggressive with trying to get your room clean. We want people to enjoy their stay over here, and I know a good night's sleep plays a huge part. We just want to make sure we get to every room in a timely and efficient manner.

Jan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
tampa, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Its not fancy. Rooms are outdated. Old Style TV-definitely NOT HD or flat screen. BUT room was cleaned promptly every day. When the room we were first assigned had no tv at all, they made a quick change of rooms (I must add we had to ask for a pet friendly room at the last minute due to a cancelation by out pet sitter, so beggars can't always be choosers). We were there on a Wednesday which was 2 for 1 drafts at the tiki bar, but they had no draft beer and did not/would not make accomodations such as 2 for 1 cans, etc. Staff couldn't be nicer. I must disagree with another reviewer regarding leaving things behind. I left my phone, my glasses, my medicine and a few other things (phone and glasses in the bed; balance in a small clear plastic bag out of my suitcase) and I got them back promptly. In fact, they called back to all the numbers we were calling my phone from, knowing someone was looking for the thing - initiative plus! That is what got the bump up to Very Good for the Service rating (otherwise, it would have been Average). Pools were great, clean and not very crowded and good hours. Gym was small but sufficient and again, good hours. Didn't have a coffee maker in the room, but I have run into that a lot lately. We were to get mugs with free refills of coffee for being in the "seniors club" but that didin't materialize either. All the negatives aside we would probably go back due to its superb location and quite reasonable rates. Let's face it-you don't go to Orlando to sit in the hotel room!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
It's always a bit stressful when you realize that you've left something (especially a phone!) somewhere. I'm happy to hear that we were able to take care of things for you in an effective manner.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow Tripadvisors -- you've offered us some great feedback, and we really do appreciate it. Take care!

MSU
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I accidentally left my pillow at this hotel and when I called about it, they transferred me to reservations who gave me attitude. I called back a couple days later, they told me they would look into it and call me back. It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for their call. They have probably taken it as their own, it was definitely nicer than the ones in the room.

When I got this room for $20 on Priceline, I should've had an idea what I was getting. The hotel is old and outdated. It was obviously a chain hotel at one point. Great location and they do have limited transportation to the theme parks.

The room was clean but the furniture was scratched and the bed was like a trampoline. There is a $5 resort fee that is not advertised.

• Stayed June 2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hi there, I'm sincerely sorry that it's taken us a while to get back to you on your pillow. It sounds like there was a breakdown in communication on our end, which is unacceptable. I encourage you to reach back out to us, so that we can get everything sorted out.

Coquille, Or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before we checked into our convention hotel in Orlando which was 3 times the price. We did
laundry and swam in one of their two pools. Later we walked to a chain restaurant in the neighborhood for dinner. For the price it was just what we needed. In the morning we went to their restaurant for the buffet breakfast. Decent breakfast for the price. Good location and a park shuttle was available. Free Wi-Fi and free parking.

Stayed June 2014
It sounds like you enjoyed everything here, which is wonderful! I hope that you and your husband had a lovely trip overall, and I appreciate you sharing this with us.

Boynton Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I checked in and when we walked into our first room, the AC blew warm air and the room smelled like mildew. My wife called the front desk to have someone come look at the AC and no one ever came.

She then went to the front desk and asked to change rooms. The first one we looked at had an AC that didn't even turn on, the next room smelled of cigar smoke. Finally the third room had a functioning AC and didn't reek of cigar or mildew.

The rooms are cheap, disgusting and make you feel like you will need a tetanus shot after you leave. Only two electrical outlets were in proper working order.

If you're on a budget and don't mind filth, then this is your place. If you can afford something nicer, by all means do so, you won't regret spending the few extra bucks a night.

• Stayed June 2014
I am very sorry that it took several tries to get you and your wife set up in a good room. It is on us to make sure that each room is ready to go for our guests, and I sincerely apologize for the hassle. We try to offer a place that is accessible to many people, but that does not mean cleanliness fall to the wayside. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so we can try to make things right,

Crestview, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant when I first booked this hotel but I figured it couldn't be that bad, right? I was looking for a hotel that was pet friendly and this place fit the bill. We stayed at this hotel from June 21-24th when I checked in I was surprised at how good the hotel looks from the out side however once I went into the room I was brought back to reality. The rooms for a lack of better words are dated. The rooms look as if they haven't been updated since 1990. The room I was in wasn't completely cleaned the maid didn't take the trash out from the previous people and the pillows weren't put back in the bed properly. But other than that the room was very clean no dust on picture frames toilet was clean. The bathroom really needed the most help it was clean but the water damage looked like it was painted over and they really need a new shower head. The beds are ok but they really need new linen and blankets the ones on the bed barely fit. This place is in a great location it's next door to The Fun Spot and Oldtown both are fun shopping and amusement parks. The service at the hotel was very good the store and restaurant are ok they. I gave this place two stars only because they really need to update this hotel. I think this place was once a good hotel. I would come back only if they did a major over haul.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Everything should have been taken care of and in place when it came time to have you check in. I'm sorry that we missed the mark on this, Charley. We want people to feel comfortable here, and these details do not help to welcome a new guest. I will be sharing this with the cleaning staff shortly.

You're right, our rooms are not brand new. We look forward to improving them down the line. I'm glad that you enjoyed your overall stay, though, and I appreciate you sharing this with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This an adequate place to be if you're looking for somewhere to sleep and not worry about feeling in danger. That's about it. There was nothing else positive that I could say about this room.
My family and I stayed in the two room suite. Both times I interacted with staff they were short and seemed like I was bothering them. When I called to the front desk for an extra blanket, I was cut of very curtly and told they were out of blankets.
The room is in serious need of an update. None of the mattresses had fitted sheets and were cheap and lumpy, the drain in the bathtub was not working correctly, there was discoloration on the walls and carpet, the dresser in the bedroom had a broken drawer, and both tvs were small and not flat screen with fuzzy picture. I did not stick around to visit the grounds.
If I would have known that this room was in this state, I would have chipped in the rest of the money to stay at a better hotel.
Again, not the worst, but this is definitely a budget motel, do not expect luxury (or apparently adequacy) of any sort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Johana, we take the safety of our guests very seriously. It's a shame to hear that you felt anything but comfortable and at ease over here. You have given us a lot of great feedback to think about, though, and I appreciate it.

The most troubling part is the fact that you felt like you received somewhat apathetic service from our staff. That is unacceptable, and I apologize.

Jan, General Manager

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!