“Stopover before a convention in Orlando.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Coquille, Or
“Stopover before a convention in Orlando.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the night before we checked into our convention hotel in Orlando which was 3 times the price. We did
laundry and swam in one of their two pools. Later we walked to a chain restaurant in the neighborhood for dinner. For the price it was just what we needed. In the morning we went to their restaurant for the buffet breakfast. Decent breakfast for the price. Good location and a park shuttle was available. Free Wi-Fi and free parking.

Stayed June 2014
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
It sounds like you enjoyed everything here, which is wonderful! I hope that you and your husband had a lovely trip overall, and I appreciate you sharing this with us.

Jan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Boynton Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I checked in and when we walked into our first room, the AC blew warm air and the room smelled like mildew. My wife called the front desk to have someone come look at the AC and no one ever came.

She then went to the front desk and asked to change rooms. The first one we looked at had an AC that didn't even turn on, the next room smelled of cigar smoke. Finally the third room had a functioning AC and didn't reek of cigar or mildew.

The rooms are cheap, disgusting and make you feel like you will need a tetanus shot after you leave. Only two electrical outlets were in proper working order.

If you're on a budget and don't mind filth, then this is your place. If you can afford something nicer, by all means do so, you won't regret spending the few extra bucks a night.

• Stayed June 2014
I am very sorry that it took several tries to get you and your wife set up in a good room. It is on us to make sure that each room is ready to go for our guests, and I sincerely apologize for the hassle. We try to offer a place that is accessible to many people, but that does not mean cleanliness fall to the wayside. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so we can try to make things right,

Crestview, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant when I first booked this hotel but I figured it couldn't be that bad, right? I was looking for a hotel that was pet friendly and this place fit the bill. We stayed at this hotel from June 21-24th when I checked in I was surprised at how good the hotel looks from the out side however once I went into the room I was brought back to reality. The rooms for a lack of better words are dated. The rooms look as if they haven't been updated since 1990. The room I was in wasn't completely cleaned the maid didn't take the trash out from the previous people and the pillows weren't put back in the bed properly. But other than that the room was very clean no dust on picture frames toilet was clean. The bathroom really needed the most help it was clean but the water damage looked like it was painted over and they really need a new shower head. The beds are ok but they really need new linen and blankets the ones on the bed barely fit. This place is in a great location it's next door to The Fun Spot and Oldtown both are fun shopping and amusement parks. The service at the hotel was very good the store and restaurant are ok they. I gave this place two stars only because they really need to update this hotel. I think this place was once a good hotel. I would come back only if they did a major over haul.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Everything should have been taken care of and in place when it came time to have you check in. I'm sorry that we missed the mark on this, Charley. We want people to feel comfortable here, and these details do not help to welcome a new guest. I will be sharing this with the cleaning staff shortly.

You're right, our rooms are not brand new. We look forward to improving them down the line. I'm glad that you enjoyed your overall stay, though, and I appreciate you sharing this with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This an adequate place to be if you're looking for somewhere to sleep and not worry about feeling in danger. That's about it. There was nothing else positive that I could say about this room.
My family and I stayed in the two room suite. Both times I interacted with staff they were short and seemed like I was bothering them. When I called to the front desk for an extra blanket, I was cut of very curtly and told they were out of blankets.
The room is in serious need of an update. None of the mattresses had fitted sheets and were cheap and lumpy, the drain in the bathtub was not working correctly, there was discoloration on the walls and carpet, the dresser in the bedroom had a broken drawer, and both tvs were small and not flat screen with fuzzy picture. I did not stick around to visit the grounds.
If I would have known that this room was in this state, I would have chipped in the rest of the money to stay at a better hotel.
Again, not the worst, but this is definitely a budget motel, do not expect luxury (or apparently adequacy) of any sort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Johana, we take the safety of our guests very seriously. It's a shame to hear that you felt anything but comfortable and at ease over here. You have given us a lot of great feedback to think about, though, and I appreciate it.

The most troubling part is the fact that you felt like you received somewhat apathetic service from our staff. That is unacceptable, and I apologize.

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We checked into the hotel and went to our room, which was around the back of the hotel. When we walked in the room was very warm and musty. The oder was horrible. At first glance it looked clean. My 6 year old started to wheeze immediately. At closer look there was mold covering the window sill and lamp on the table. The carpet was damp under the air unit. We had to leave immediately. I have a child extremely allergic to mold, and was having a severe reaction. The clerk at the front desk was able to refund our money, and we went accross the street to a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Kris, I'm sincerely sorry about the way things transpired. I hope that your child was able to recover and start feeling well quickly. Please know that we have taken the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am an army veteran who has been coming to this hotel for about 5 years. Now let's be completely honest here and say no, this is not a 5 star resort, but for the price location and size of rooms you can't go wrong. Yes some of the rooms are in worse conditions than others, this has happened to me, but I have never had to stay in a sub standard room, I simply nicely explain to the staff that the room is not in good condition and they always move me. And btw stop whining about a 5 dollar resort fee people... If u are worried about 5 bucks you need not go to Disney. Anyhow it is 6/20/14 and I was helped by Karla for my check in, who was very nice ensured I had a nice room and was overall pleasant to deal with. Here's what I see the problem is, you have people who are rude.. who approach staff in a rude and nasty way, they will not get the same help as someone who is nice and understands that the people at the front desk do not see how the room looks before they issue out keys. So here's my tip for a nice stay at seralago. 1 ask for for an updated room, the staff has an idea of what rooms are being repaired or need repairs. 2. Be nice, your crappy attitude won't help you get your problem solved. 3. Don't have some incredible expectation for a hotel that is as affordable as this one. Finally, enjoy your vacation. This an honest review of this place. Btw Jan (General manager) staff attitude has improved since last year so good job on that.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Mike, your sincerity is greatly appreciated -- thank you for taking the time to share this honest review of our place. You've explained us quite nicely, and I'm thrilled to hear that you've seen an improvement in attitude over the past year. I'm eager to pass this along to the rest of the team, and particularly Karla, as I know they'll be excited about it, too.

I hope that you're enjoying your stay! Please don't hesitate to let me or any of the staff know if there's anything we help you with.

Jan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is a little dated but overall it is very good for the price. I have stayed 3 years in a row and will be going back this year as well. It is not far from attractions and actually very close to Old Town for those days that you dont have anything big planned. One day my wife and I stayed by the pool and ordered food and drinks it was very relaxing and not bad priced. If you need a decent place to stay that will not eliminate your travel budget this is the place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you! You can't go wrong with a relaxing day by the pool! I'm glad to hear that you and your wife had a nice time, and we hope you'll think of us again down the line.

Take care,
Jan, General Manager

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!