“Dirty and poorly equipped for a 'suite' with equipment not in good working condition.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #62 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with loads of groceries to our 'Suite' to find only a small mini fridge, absolutely no dishes or utensils and a 4 cup coffee pot (in a room that sleeps 8). To top it off the fridge barely worked and was never even looked at by maintenance after 2 calls. The tub barely drained and toilet hardly flushed. The Murphy Bed felt like a box spring, not a mattress. The furniture, floors, etc were dirty. Twice upon return to our rooms in the evening we had to call for maid service because they hadn't come yet. The front desk was not very helpful answering questions and when I was away at the theme parks and tried to call in with a transportation question I first got put on hold for 10 minutes, hung up called back little later got put on hold again for several minutes and then told Guest Relations was gone for the day and even though they thought more shuttles were scheduled that evening they couldn't help me with the details!! It was a big ordeal to get packages we had shipped to the hotel and they didn't even notify us when something arrived. There was a single phone message about one of the packages on the night of our arrival and after we listened to it the phone message light wouldn't stop blinking and we called to get help fixing this twice with no success. The phone in the bedroom blinked but didn't even have a dial tone so wasn't even useable. On the positive side the pool area was very nice and seemed well maintained. Overall, not somewhere that I would ever stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Christahl,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about some of our shortcomings. I am truly sorry for some of the issues mentioned. We are not set up for extended stays with larger fridges and or coffee pots. However we certainly could have added some to your existing equipment. I am not sure why you had to call twice about some of the issues. Normally it would take only one call to get things corrected. My sincere apologies for the slow response. Our cleaning staff does clean the rooms until 5:00 PM, so sometimes they might be a little late depending on their route for the day.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can try to make things right,

gm@seralagohotel.com

1,352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Chessington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in a pool side room for 12 days. A very clean well kept budget hotel that was having the main swimming pool and bar refurbished.(The smaller pool was still open) Walking distance to Old Town and all the bars and restaurants. The on site breakfast was great value at buy one get one half price included coffee and tip for about $15. They cook your eggs to order if you want. The shop and fast food court on site is a great bonus if you want a night in or something while having a drink in the bar. All the staff were polite and helpful.Safety deposit boxes are available free of charge.
The only small complaint was the air con was a little noisy in the night, but we saw they were being serviced or replaced during our stay.
I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are good if you don't like to walk too far for a dip.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John,

I am happy to say that we just opened our completely renovated front pool, spa and Kiddie pool and will continue to renovate our back pool area during the next two weeks.

I am sorry for the AC a little noisy at night. I know our maintenance staff is on a mission to clean and check every one of them these months and I am sure they will be able to get the noise down.

Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We checked in on Sunday, Sept. 08 and was greeted by Steve the front desk clerk. He displayed great customer service and put the customers needs first. Steve went above and beyond to help make checking in easy and to make our stay pleasurable. He is truly an asset to the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff keep the rooms and the outside of the hotel looking clean and well groomed. We had breakfast in their restaurant and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay. If you stay there look Steve up, I can not say enough good things about him.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steve,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make every guest experience as perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose The Seralago Hotel & Suites while you were in Kissimmee. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them and especially with Steve at the Front Desk.

Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Initially booked the Kids Suite, which is a single room with a partition for kids bunk beds. When we arrived found it much too small for 2 adults, 2 teens and an almost 8 year old. Unit would def be only for a couple with younger children and only for a few days max. The manager on duty was very understanding and was able to upgrade us to a double room which also had a kitchenette and lounge area, sofa bed and pullout bed. It was over twice the size of the kids suite and we were charged an extra $10/night - money well spent! Decent shower and AC worked well. Rooms cleaned every day, could have been cleaner but not bad. The one thing that really needs to be fixed is the beds, mattresses were full of springs that were broken and very uncomfortable. Swimming pool was great, one of two, clean and a good size - spa next to it, and extra towels at poolside. Laundry facilities were great. Office staff very helpful. Overall, you get what you pay for and this is a good budget friendly hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a couple traveling with kids and you are there for more than 2-3 nights, especially if th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Allison,

Thank you for staying with us and your nice as well as constructive comments about your stay at the Seralago Hotel & Suites. I am happy the two-room suite worked well for your family and older children as indeed the Kid suites are more for younger children, who love the bunk beds. I am sorry about the mattresses and I will forward your comments to our owners to consider replacing them in the very near future.

Thank you also for the great comments about our staff. I know they will be thrilled to hear when I share these with them.

Please do not hesitate to call me when you are ready to come and see us again.
Pennsville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Im So Disgusted to Constantly read of Such Bad Reviews of this Hotel. Let me tell you, I was One of the Most Skeptic People Seeing how Cheap this Hotel was and expecting it to actually be "Just Ok". Well Let me Tell you, This isn't the Hilton, This isn't a Disney Hotel.... What do you People Expect???? It has been here for MANY Years and Every Hotel Needs Updates. I Am traveling to Disney Every 5 years and Will Be At this Hotel EVERY Year because we have SUCH a GREAT Time. We ask for a Room Poolside, 1st Floor, and 1st Building,. It Never is a Problem and We Always have an amazing time. Let me Ask you Something, How many Hotels can you Just walk out of your Room and have your Pool right there??? Have a Playground right there?? Walk less then a 1/4 mile and have Old Towne with Rides, Shops, Food and more?? NONE... You have to travel down an Elevator or 3-4 Flights of stairs then out to the yard, down to the Pool. I can say if there is a Problem they are there to help you and Not just ignore your Issues. I guess Im one of those people that wasn't born with a Gold spoon in my mouth and can let go small issues with a place that sees Thousands of people a week. If you have a problem with the sheets being Wrinkled, bugs in your room, shower not being Hot, Please go pay more and stay at a Top Notch Hotel. This hotel is Perfect and fine for ANYONE going to the Parks, a simple getaway, or just a relaxing weekend!! I Love Seralago and will Always be a Customer!!!!! :))))

Room Tip: 1st Floor, 1st Building, Poolside
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seralagogm, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Ashley,

Wow, how come you are not on my sales force? Thank you so much for being one of our many loyal customers and your wonderful comments about the hotel and its staff. We are indeed not an upscale hotel and in need of some renovations, but we do pride ourselves on maintaining the hotel and keeping it clean and serving our guests with a great smile.

Do not hesitate to call on me for some special promotions that might be available for your next trip to this area. Our Front Desk staff will be happy to connect you to my office,

Thank you again for your great comments and loyalty,
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

staff was very happy and friendly. hotel was very clean and so was our room. the pool was fantastic my husband is not a swimmer and he even enjoyed the pool. we went for a getaway to old town and it was nice to be able to walk to old town and to a couple of restaurants .kids liked it cause they could walk to the fun spot and to mini golf. i have stayed in alot of hotels in kissimmee and this one beats all of them!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Denise,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make every guest experience as perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you chose The Seralago Hotel & Suites while you were in Kissimmee. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The Front Desk will be happy to connect you to my office.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After the fireworks at Walt Disney World, late check in with no issue. But once when I get into the room, a bit pissed me off. 1) The AC is broken (You know how hot does it on Aug at Orlando, plus I come from CA) 2) The shower heads- low water pressure 3) After I fresh the toilet, the water tank have sound, and it's keep 10-15 minute 4) The pillow too soft, my neck hurt on the next day. 5) Bathroom fan not work, so cannot take hot shower or you will dizzy or fall inside of the bathroom (After a long day at WDW, we want to have a hot shower)
I never have such kind of feeling when I go to travel "hurry up fall to sleep, then wake up check out as soon as I can" This is my first time!

Room Tip: Do not look for the hotel pirce below $50 per night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hamjesnly,

Thank you for staying with us and your constructive comments about our shortcomings. I am truly sorry about some of the issues mentioned. One call to the Front Desk for a maintenance staff member to look at the bathroom issues and AC most likely would have fixed these items quickly, however I do understand that you can only expect that none of these issues should be there to begin with. Some guests do like the soft pillows and others would want it to be more firm. Please do not hesitate to request a firm pillow next time.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make things right and contact me directly,
gm@seralagohotel.com

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!