“Great, good value and close to Disney” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #65 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Great, good value and close to Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband, myself and 12 year old daughter stayed for 2 weeks from 16th July.
The room was cleaned daily (including clean towels, soap and shampoo). I would guess that the hotel was built in the 80s and has not been updated since but you are paying for a cheap place to stay, about 7 miles from Disney and 14 miles from Universal. We did not hear noise from any other guests and parked our hire car directly outside our room.
We had a room with 2 double beds, a bathroom with shower over the bath and also a small fridge and microwave, hairdryer and iron/ ironing board. You do need to take own (or buy) plates, cutlery etc and there is no kettle - we bought a pirex jug and heated water in microwave (although if we go again would take a travel kettle). We found that the hairdryer didn't work at 9:30pm, we informed reception and it was replaced by 9:40pm.
There are 2 swimming pools with towels provided, one with an area for small children and a bar. Both pools were fairly quiet but we found that the other pool was more quiet and 50 metres for the laundrette. I would put in a load of washing go for a swim for 30 minutes, go back and put clothes in the dryer and go back to pool for 45 minutes.
We did not use the very small shop or cafe etc.
Seralago is right next to old town. On Saturday nights they have old cars there, we didn't find this out until the Sunday so didn't go. Between Seralago and Old town you will find a small supermarket (although if you have a car Walmart and other larger supermarkets are within 3 miles), KFC and Pizza hut. Opposite is Macdonalds, Dennys and Pondarossa. You must try Pondarossa at least once for breakfast. All these are within very easy walking distance. Golden Corral is great value (out of main entrace turn left past the first major junction, on right side of road about 1mile). While there is a Chinese buffet opposite near Macdonald, on our last day we did find Icheban, we wished we'd found before. Out of main gate, turn right approx 3 miles on left side of road. It is great value but can also get discount by picking up discount ticket books from Seralago. Also went to Chillis twice (not as cheap) about a mile further on from Iciban on opposite side of road.
We would certainly recommed Seralago. If what you want is a place to stay while you visit Disney, Universal etc it was great. If you are looking for somewhere that you intend to spend all day every day then i can not answer this and perhaps you should be in Spain!

Room Tip: Bring your own kettle

1,288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Seralago staff was professional and friendly, breakfast buffet was tasty and clean, and location was convenient to Theme parks, restaurants and Super Walmart. These were the perks of staying there. We were working on a low budget so this hotel was convenient. However, I must admit I didn't feel that safe being on the first floor since its not a gated hotel. I had a poolside room which wasn't that comfortable because of the noise level. When I was ready to relax I had to wait until a thunderstorm came through or for midnight to strike when the pool closed. People were rowdy at times but it was duable. I like having a mini-fridge and microwave however, I think next time I would prefer a more updated room with a full range kitchen. the room was outdated one of my lights in the room didn't work becuase the socket wasn't working either so the room wasn't that well lit. My second day there the back of the door broke so that really didn't help with feeling safe. I managed to stay here but if I could afford to stay some place more updated, quiet and safer I would. When I booked this place I was looking for convenience and low budget. I paid for what I got. I would only return if I couldn't afford to stay some place else.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Not too close to the poolside if your looking to relax.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel was very unclean. We stayes there for almost 3 weeks and the sheets were never changed, nor was the room properly cleaned. The only thing that housekeeping did was turn up the Air-conditon and make the beds, and change the towels.

The hotel was convienently located. It was about 15 Minutes by car from Disney. There are some restaurants at the close sourroundings.

The parking was included.
Wireless internet was also provided, but it was very slow and not always accecible.
The pool seemed ok, but we never used it.

The "food court" that the hotel advertises was very small and service was very slow and not really friendly.

The only plus for this Hotel is the location and the price.

The door to our room did not close well on the floor, so there ws a space where animals and insects could enter the room. One they we had a 2 inch bug in the room that disapeared after it flew around, and we couldn't find it anymore. It was not nice to sleep in a room with an insect that you can't find, and that you can't identify.

Most of the lightbulbs didn't work, and never were replaced.
The bathroom and the vanity area were not well lit.
The amenities were as discribed, the room had a refrigerator and a hairdrier, a small table and 2 chairs.
Rooms were not really soundproof, so you could very well hear the TV from the next door.
The hotel was more of a motel than a hotel and suites as they advertise.

Overall the only good thing was the convienient location, but that was not worth the disgusting uncleanness that we experienced.

Room Tip: Rhey have 2 floors and no elevator. Some rooms are very far from the lobby.
Villahermosa, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

In the photos looks like a great hotel but thats not real. The room is diferent, the light in the bathroom was molten and the bathroom door not close. In the room had a cockroach. The furniture is old. The location is excellent.

Room Tip: Reserve in another hotel
West Warwick, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

the prices at the seralago are great and affordable and they are not to far from the theme parks.their lobby is excellent with a nice size store and pizza place and a fabulous game room.the younger staff at the front desk was great, but the older staff was rude and blunt.
they allow you to pre-register which is great...by doing so you can leave your car in the parking lot and use their shuttle bus...and you can stay at the parks late without worrying if your room was given away because you have not checked in.

i would advise anyone going here that they check in early and check out their room.
i knew i was getting a fabulous price $59.00 a night plus tax......so i expected small rooms, old tvs, chipped floor tiles and old ac units.....but lets face it 59.00 is a fair price for a hotel....so i did expect clean rooms....

our mistake was to pre-register and then go to disney, we got back to the hotel around 11 pm. we were tired, hot and agervated with their horrible shuttle service that alls we wanted to do was crash...well when i got the the room and went it, the room had a horrible damp smell and it was humid as hell...old ac...ohwell great price....i sat on the bed hard and lumpy...ohwell great price.....turned on the tv that was way off color...ohwell great price.
i then went into the bathroom......i noticed water and soap scum in the tub like someone took a bubble bath and never rinsed the tub.....no i was looking around i found hair all over the bathroom, and urin on the base of the toilet....i calle the front desk.....they had us go to another room.we went in and i went to the bathroom and when i shut the door i noticed urin stains on the back of the door with hair stuck in it.....i told the kids do not do anything and examined the room, there was hair all over the bathroom, a used bar of soap in the shower, and something sticky in the sink....i was so mad.....i knew the beds had to be dirty......i pulled the sheets back and i was almost sick........there had to be at leaste 50 long black hairs in the bed along with food crumbs...and drool stains on the pillow case.i told my husband that they will think i am a complainer so i took pictures.......it was now after 12 30 am we were so tired and so fed up we just wanted to sleep.i went to the desk and the younger girl aplogized and wanted to move our room, the older lady said to upgrade them at no charge to a pool side room...mind you the pool was closed and the up grade was only 10 bucks more.....the third room was much better..but the ac did not work, also they state that their rooms sleep five people so you figure they have a pull out sofa chair or something......they did not .

the next morning i complained to the supervisor who took care of the matter aplogized and refunded me and provided excellent customer service...but my second day at disney was ruined because we were so tired.

i would ask to look at their buffets before paying for them.....they were small and nasty....lots of other places in the area to eat.

i also want to make note that my sister had her room in area where i orginal was and when we were sitting out in front of the room we watched the maid go into my orginal room,now the kids had craweled into one of the beds...so the sheets and blankets were all pulled back and it was clear thet someone had laid in the bed...which by the way was full of hair.
well we watched the maid go into the room with no sheets and no new towels and come out only 5 minutes later...she never even vacumed the floor that my kids dropped a bag of chips on. she came out locked the door and went to the next room....i went and looked in the window....she had made the bed using the same sheets and blankets....that we complained about being dirty.

also this hotel has alot of young people that party and drink all night.....and were very loud.

Lake Worth, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I booked this hotel back in 2010 to go on a family vacation, i was really excited and my girls couldn't wait to get to the room "kids suite". In the way to the room the hallway was wet and smell bad but i ignored that. But when i got to the room OMG the rugs were so dirty, and the smell of the room i can't even explain. (moldy, smoke,feet idk) The beds were old, hard, they even sound the blankets had holes in them and cigarrete burns. I started crying i couldn't believe how bad this was. i felt so bad for my little ones. Another thing was that there were people outside in the parking lot with really loud music and just hanging around there we didn't feel safe in this place. I went back to the lobby and told them i need it to cancel my reservation. but they told me they couldn't return my money right away since i didn't book directly thru the hotel, and also they couldn't return my money for that first night even when i didn't stay there which it was ok. Well i left the hotel that same night and went to a better one. Will never go back to seralago! I do not recommend this hotel if you have kids and are a clean family.!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bouzigues, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

we're a french family ,and we're stay 2 times on seralago! is the perfect place for family! wonderful breakfast,2 big pools and more............... the best prices on us 192 !!!!!!!!
i love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks again

Room Tip: 400 euros for 14 days breakfast buffet include!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!