“Definitely Worth The Money” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #48 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
McEwen, Tennessee, United States
“Definitely Worth The Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We bought this deal on Groupon , and definitely would stay again . We had no problem with the room or the service. This was a clean little place to lay your head down at night ,with plenty of room for a family of four. The pool and spa were very clean and a nice addition to the stay. The complementary breakfast was good , in fact better than some places I have stayed before that have one. We normally stay on Disney property but since we were not going to Disney this go around we chose to stay somewhere off property to save money but we were very pleased to find out this was a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. The bed was even comfortable which in my experience is not always the case, I usually wake up with my back hurting , and everyone slept great! Would not hesitate to stay here again if we were in the area again especially for the price. As long as you are not expecting 5 star hotel at a 3 star price then you will be very pleased . The lady at the counter told us also when we checked in that they will even be doing upgrades to the place soon so that is another plus!

Room Tip: Ask for building 2 lower level was close to the pool !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Martinez, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Excellent location close to the parks. Breakfast is more than adequate and goes beyond the traditional continental breakfast with eggs, waffles, etc. the rooms are clean and and spacious enough for a family. We would definitely return and recommend to anyone visiting the Disney area!!

Stayed December 2013
Dorset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked via groupon 2 double beds in room, only received one, there were bugs in the room & I got a shock from faulty plug putting tv in, this place is a disgrace as is the breakfast, do not stay here. The location is ok for getting to parks, but otherwise this place is dirty & somewhere you wouldn't want to stay, ever

• Stayed December 2013
McEwen, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We bought a Groupon for this trip and this hotel on line. First time I ever done this, with no problems everything went well. The hotel was very close to ALL the main attractions from Disney to Universal Studios and transportation was provided, but we drove so we didn't have to leave early from the parks to catch it. I always check my room first before unpacking anything. I checked the bathrooms being cleaned, and yes I run my fingers down the tub & on the counter to check, and yes all was very clean. Next I check the rug for stickyness and that to was very clean, last but not least I roll the covers down & check the bed out, and all was clean :-) All lights, fridge, tv's were all working, even had a microwave in it, had no need for that but it worked as well. We were very comfortable in the bed and slept like a log, the room had no smells !! the breakfast that they provided was just fine ! Fresh and all areas kept clean !! I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone ! I have read mixed reviews on this hotel so yes I was a little worried about somethings. Sometimes you just gotta go yourself to check it out and I must say im glad I did because if we ever get to come down again guess where we are staying !! Oh by the way people, the pool was clean, and big & the hot tub was fantastic as well :-) very clean because you can smell the chemicals in it so you know when you can only stay in it for about 20mins before your eyes start to water up you know they are keeping the chemicals in it :-) You can't go wrong with your stay, From All The Brink Family that went ~ which was a total of 6 Peeps :0

Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We have stayed at another vacation resort in Buena Vista which was a notch or two higher, but for a place to stay to get to Disney or Universal it works great. Very nice breakfast (free with lodging), convenient free transportation to the resorts. The rooms are being remodeled little by little. You can tell where they are working to bring up the rooms to a better place. We did not stay in a suite, just a living room/kitchen and bedroom with bathroom. Still, very nice. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Look for bargains there and take advantage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was a very pretty location, and we had a suite which I loved how there were doors to separate the living room area from the beds, and it was a big nice space. The pool area was excellent and the hot tub was nice. It was close to the hiighway and our window was facing it, however I didn't mind, it wasn't noisy, and we barely glanced out there we were busy with other things. What I did mind was the fact the bathroom floor was missing almost all the grout, and the lining of the sink was coming off, and the drawers were missing a knob. We only stayed one night, and didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, but the condition of the room I thought could of been better. The breakfast is also very basic, and compared to the deluxe one we had at comfort inn maingate east was kind of disappointing.

West Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We took a chance on the offer from Groupon and after we got settled in upon arrival KNEW this was a great choice for our 3 nt stay. We normally choose a motel/hotel in the area (3-4 times a yr) but decided to spend about $15/nt more as they offer suites w/ a living room w/ small kitchen area and then separate bedroom. For my husband and I and our 2 wee ones this was extra space well pd for. Knowing the boys like to run around and play, they had more than ample room.

The kitchen-area allowed us to bring a small cooler w/ meals we could reheat on the stove and in the microwave = saved A LOT of money on meals that way. Too there was a Publix across the street so we bought some things there as we knew we'd have plenty of room in the fridge/freezer. And in the cupboards we found plates, bowls, glasses, sharp knives (up high, marked in a cupboard above the fridge! kudos to whoever thought of that for those of us w/ small children!), pots and a pan, and silverware for 4. They even supply you w/ packets of soap for the dishwasher and a few small kitchen towels (we brought our own as I wasn't sure and forgot to ask before lving home.)

The continental breakfast each a.m. (from 7-9am) is the nicest of any we've ever had! And the set up is wonderful w/ ample seating (20 or so tables maybe? as opposed to 5 or 6 in the other places we've stayed) and a nice bright atmosphere (not some little nook where you never know if you'll get to sit or not due to it's dinky size and lack of tables/chairs.) The food selection was incredible - I say this because when I think of a "free continental breakfast" I think of hot and cold cereals w/ nearly-stale pastries and MAYBE some type of fresh fruit. Not the case here! All 3 mornings we had (hot!) scrambled eggs w/ (hot!) sausage links/patties, juices, hot and cold cereals, both skim and 2% milk (love that little extra as I have a hard time w/ anything other than skim whereas the rest of the family can do skim but prefer whole), french toast or waffles (depending on the day) an assortment of breads, bagels and pastries... Again, so much more than what I've always considered to be a continental breakfast. Would have loved to have seen fresh fruit offered, but they did have some that looked like it was somewhere between fresh and canned (that our 2 yr old enjoyed.)

The location is hard to beat - right at the on ramp to I-4. From The Palms parking lot to the parks' parking lot took us just under 15mins to Seaworld and 10mins exactly to the Magic Kingdom.

Every one of the staff we came in contact with was friendly. When I called the other nt to ask where I could pitch a bag w/ quite a bit of garbage (and a poopy diaper...) I was told someone from mntnc would be rt over to take care of it. So I left it outside of our door and when I cked a few mins later they indeed must have come rt over to take it! (I was willing to take it but the woman at the front desk insisted on sending someone for it.)
And even though we declined housekeeping during our stay, one of the housekeepers happened to see us going to our room yesterday and asked if we would at least like some fresh towels. That was nice of her (we declined however.)

About the only "negative" we came up w/ was that the carpet and tile were filthy -- they appeared clean (due to vacuuming I'm sure) but one look at our sons' feet told us otherwise. They looked as if they had stepped on a stamp pad in order to then step on paper and lv a footprint! Wow. Don't get me wrong - I try to keep shoes/slippers on their feet when we're at a hotel, but somehow they always end up elsewhere... And I know the carpets aren't getting shampooed so I expect a little grey on the soles of their feet - but black?? Aiiiiii...

Oh - and in a perfect world for those of us w/ small children there wouldn't exist furniture w/ "sharp" corners. We kept the coffee table, for example, stashed by the front door as I was waiting for an ugly accident to happen otherwise...

Again, we were super-pleased w/ what we got for the price we pd. I read all the reviews I could find before making the purchase and then again up until the day we got there. I kept the negatives in the back of my mind and was glad to find we didn't have issues w/ what others complained about. (Sure, the cupboards were outdated and could use some resurfacing, but really? for the price we're paying? they were fine. So the couch had a hole in one of the cushions; did it effect how I sat on it? that was cosmetic as far as we were concerned - we got over it.)

The bottom line is that we know not to have 5-star expectations on a budget like ours. It's all about being realistic. The Palms more than served our needs and helped to make our mini-vacation that much more stress-free!

Room Tip: Building 6 was perfect! We were rt across from the main building for breakfast each a.m. Had we us...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!