“Not bad, but needs an update” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #73 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Not bad, but needs an update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in the beginning of October 2013 for two nights as we had a gift certificate. Arrived to a spacious suite with a king-sized bed and the cutest kitchen. Room also had a fireplace, which I thought was a little odd since its FLORIDA but hey, I thought it was a nice touch. Room was definitely a little outdated and could use some modern touches - we felt like we had stepped back in time to the early 90s. The room was clean but did smell of cigarette smoke - and our suspicions were found to be true upon seeing the duvet cover on the bed covered in cigarette burn holes. The bed was probably our biggest complaint - seriously the most FIRM mattress we have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on.....could not wait to get back home to our own! The pool area was nice and quiet and clean. Did not make the breakfast time(they stop serving it early?) but heard it was adequate from other guests. Great location right next to I-4 (which you don't even hear in your room). Overall a mediocre stay, glad it was a certificate!

Room Tip: Not much a view anywhere, either you are looking at I-4 or the pool area. Pick your posion!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank thnknoutloud

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Is an older property, clean and close to Disney. Easy access to I-4. We stayed in building six and got a lot of interstate noise. Staff was very friendly. Had to stop at a tickets sales person to get parking pass. Wasn't pushy but I wasn't exactly thrilled to be questioned about buying tickets right after a long drive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ptblvet
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My experience in this hotel was a really pleasant one. we had a really good time while staying at this hotel. Rooms and really big and clean, everything was working in the room. When I called to request for someone to make up the sofa bed, he came in less than 5 minutes to the room. Breakfast buffet in the morning is very good, but arrive early so you can get a table. Hotel was busy because there were baseball teams, but honestly I can't complain. You receive really high value for the price that you are paying at this hotel. When I go back to Florida, I'll definetively stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank juanmi2010
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Palms Hotel and Villas was ok. They could do with a face lift.

My only real issue was with breakfast - a nice spread was laid, but too much pastry and other unhealthy stuff etc. More healthy options such as fresh fruits would have been nice.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Flavagurl
atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Normally we stay onsite on visits to Disney- we didn't get any decent deals for our Annual Passes so we chose this place for their great GA resident special. Room was ready when we arrived- king condo style with living room, kitchenette, and separate bathroom. Though this property is next to the Interstate, it is also close to the parks and is a bargain for what it is.
Spoke with the new manager- a new company took over this property, according to him- and he let us know about some new ideas and plans that they have for future development. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I can't find a great deal onsite- this is good for families, especially for larger families, or for couples or friends that don't want to be smothered with Disney all the time. They sell tickets and have a shuttle to the parks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank chzhead2004
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our travel baseball team needed a hotel in the Kissimmee area for a week long tournament and selected the Palms Hotel & Villas for several reasons. First, we needed a local where six could sleep in the same room. Check. Second, our budget was limited so we couldn't splurge for higher end properties like Embassy Suites, etc. Check. Third, we didn't want to be too far from the playing field. Check. Finally, we wanted a place that had extra amenities such as a free breakfast, nice pool, laundry facilities on site, free internet, etc. Check x 5.

On the plus side the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. They opened the breakfast area 30 minutes early to accommodate our schedule. If we needed extra towels or anything else they were quick to respond with a smile on their face.

The only negatives were that you had to pre-pay for all nights upfront. They also never mentioned the $8.95 / night "resort fee" when presenting their quotation to the group leader.

Over all, we would stay at the resort again if our needs bring us back to the Kissimmee area.

Room Tip: Building seven is like a hotel where the other buildings in the complex are more like villas. If yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank BaseballCoach561
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed with The Palms chain groups plenty of times. At the time of check in you are handed a Best Rest Reward card at any of their locations and they place a sticker on the card for the amount of days you stay once the card is filled you are rewarded with a free stay. Today was check out day and with much excitement I went to retrieve my free night stay I went to the front desk and spoke with "Kara" I showed her the card and she stated she was not able help me and asked why I didn't try to retrieve the free night upon arrival I told her I did discuss at check in but was told retrieval would be at check out none the less she told me she could not assist me or resolve to come back around 3 oclock for assistance. I came back and Kara was there I asked if she explained the situation to the other gentlemen "Johnny" she quickly handed him a paper and hurried off it was obvious he was unaware and also had a line full of customers to attend in stead of folding under pressure he reassured me he would help me quickly put me at ease and resolved my issue effortlessly like a true professional I would recommend this resort if you are staying in Orlando, Kissimmee and are traveling with family members good on the pockets, affordable but not cheap it is close to Disney and universal studios. Overall Johnny made a good stay an excellent one!!! I will come back!

• Stayed July 2013