“High value for the money - just keep expectation levels in check” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #59 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, Florida
“High value for the money - just keep expectation levels in check”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our travel baseball team needed a hotel in the Kissimmee area for a week long tournament and selected the Palms Hotel & Villas for several reasons. First, we needed a local where six could sleep in the same room. Check. Second, our budget was limited so we couldn't splurge for higher end properties like Embassy Suites, etc. Check. Third, we didn't want to be too far from the playing field. Check. Finally, we wanted a place that had extra amenities such as a free breakfast, nice pool, laundry facilities on site, free internet, etc. Check x 5.

On the plus side the hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. They opened the breakfast area 30 minutes early to accommodate our schedule. If we needed extra towels or anything else they were quick to respond with a smile on their face.

The only negatives were that you had to pre-pay for all nights upfront. They also never mentioned the $8.95 / night "resort fee" when presenting their quotation to the group leader.

Over all, we would stay at the resort again if our needs bring us back to the Kissimmee area.

Room Tip: Building seven is like a hotel where the other buildings in the complex are more like villas. If yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed with The Palms chain groups plenty of times. At the time of check in you are handed a Best Rest Reward card at any of their locations and they place a sticker on the card for the amount of days you stay once the card is filled you are rewarded with a free stay. Today was check out day and with much excitement I went to retrieve my free night stay I went to the front desk and spoke with "Kara" I showed her the card and she stated she was not able help me and asked why I didn't try to retrieve the free night upon arrival I told her I did discuss at check in but was told retrieval would be at check out none the less she told me she could not assist me or resolve to come back around 3 oclock for assistance. I came back and Kara was there I asked if she explained the situation to the other gentlemen "Johnny" she quickly handed him a paper and hurried off it was obvious he was unaware and also had a line full of customers to attend in stead of folding under pressure he reassured me he would help me quickly put me at ease and resolved my issue effortlessly like a true professional I would recommend this resort if you are staying in Orlando, Kissimmee and are traveling with family members good on the pockets, affordable but not cheap it is close to Disney and universal studios. Overall Johnny made a good stay an excellent one!!! I will come back!

• Stayed July 2013
Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

we had a great room wi0th a view of the pool area. Are room was just the right size for the 6 people the we had. We are foster parents to a girl and her 1 yr old son and she has never been to a place like the palms in her life she thought it was also great. Everyone in our room had a great time. Our experience with your property was a great one. We are looking forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Simpsonville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived early to this hotel because we couldn't wait to leave the other one we stayed at the night before. We asked if it was too early to check in because it was only 12:30, they said to give them 30min and we could check in. Upon returning at 1:00 our room was ready but not the second one we booked for a family member. I thought it was great of them to let us check in so early that I wasn't going to complain about the other room not being ready. The room/hotel needs to be updated but other then that it was a good experience. I especially loved how close it was to the Magic Kingdom. You couldn't get much closer, except if you actually stayed in Walt Disney. The breakfast buffet fit our family's needs, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the first hotel I have stayed in with my children, so I was looking for something that had all the appliances of home( full fridge, stove , dishwasher) It was a little out dated and the beds weren't the greatest but it worked. The front desk staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The suite was spacious and the staff was friendly. However, the bathroom in the suite was not impeccably clean like I have seen at other hotels. Even though, they offer free Wi-fi, it was absolutely not worth it. The internet speed was slow. The breakfast spread was nice and we enjoyed the location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My best friend and I had a wonderful stay here while in Florida. You are getting exactly what is described and it is perfect for a short stay. Yes it is slightly dated, however what isn't? The location was perfect for Disney world (5-10 mins away). It was close to restaurants and shops. The unit was clean. The pool and hot tub were clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa on the second floor to avoid hearing people above you. Additionally, facing the po...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!