“Terry "Location, Value & Clean"” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #58 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Providence, Rhode Island
“Terry "Location, Value & Clean"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We just spent three weeks at the Palms and miss it after coming home. The location on the Parkway is great...close to everything, but quieter. We have stayed here for our vacation for several years and find the same help from year to year. Management and the staff work hard to keep everything very clean. Although the rooms could use an update, there are other factors that make this place a home away from home for us. The breakfast room has a good selection and great coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

in retrospect I wish we had spent a little bit more to stay somewhere a little nicer. If you are on a very strict budget this place beats motels. The pool was nice and they had a kiddie pool for my little ones. The rooms were not up to par and very dated. Noise level was not bad even though the back of the villas are right on the highway. However I do not think we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Marquette, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The first room we were given was on the first floor and very noisy. I requested to be moved to a second floor unit and staff was very helpful and accommodating. This room was very quiet, even though the interstate is next to the hotel. My son could not sleep on the sofa bed, though, as it was very uncomfortable. The rooms are a little outdated, but I liked having a separate bedroom and kitchen area. The wifi worked perfectly. The pool area is very nice and the breakfast was better than a continental. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is also great, very close to Disney and many restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Location is good. The room was clean - but in need of updating (70's style white formica cabinets, furniture old and worn). We had paid for the reservation in advance using hotels.com but when we arrived we were told there was an extra $10 "Facility" fee. Not sure if this is common practice in the area, but at the end of a long travel day it was not worth fighting over. Continental breakfast was pretty bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was a last minute trip and it looked nice from the Internet, but you really don't know. The price was right and it turned out to be a great choice. I am definitely planning on staying here again. Everybody was so nice. thank you!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family has traveled to Orlando for many vacations. We have never stayed at such a filthy hotel.This hotel was absolutely diacusting. The first room we were in barely had air conditioning. It was humid, dark and dirty. We requested to be moved. The second room was a little larger but was no better otherwise. The air worked slightly better. The toilet would barely flush. The room was supposed to sleep 6 but only had 4 pillows. We asked for more pillows at the desk only to be told that they were out. It looked like the room may have flooded at some point as the walls and the furniture all appeared to have a water line. Each day I found a different insect, we also found a lizard. Our room key was deactivated daily. If it wasn't spring break we would have definitely changed hotels all together. We were charged for an extra night and still have not been refunded. I can't believe that this is a Disney recommended hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have no idea why people are rating this hotel as an excellent choice for a place to stay. And the fact that it is a Disney recommendation is very disturbing. This is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. It is far from clean and whoever keeps saying this place is clean must live in a dump. When we first got there the lights were out and it was pitch black in the lobby, that should have been our sign to leave., No information given about breakfast or WiFi or anything at check in just took my credit card info on a piece of paper NO generator at a hotel? Really wow. There was a storm and that's understandable but to check in , in the dark is just crazy.l give value a good rating because it was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for. When we first got in the room my husband found some sort of Caterpillar crawling in our room. TVs very old box type beds were soft and clean. room view was of the highway and dirt and construction workers woke us up daily no screens on the windows I was scared my one year old would fall out. I plugged in my charger behind the dresser and bed there was old food gummy bears and pretzels. The elevator broke down twice I had to call for items from housekeeping they never came to our room not once to give us anything. Dishwasher was so loud that you couldn't hear the TV so i had to run it while we were out , bedroom door wouldn't lock The Free breakfast was OK same items every day french toast or waffles and sausage but some days it tasted like leftovers from the previous day. You could barely get into the fridge because the door was against the wall and the table you had to open the fridge backwards. Pool has not heated ever and the weather was off seasonally cold as low as 40's. To make matters worse my husband lost his earring in the hotel and nobody bothered to turn it in and we know for sure it was lost at the property and one of the maintenance was acting weird when I asked about it he disappeared in a closet as soon as he heard me ask about the earring at the front desk and he was hosing down an area where my husband was looking for his earring I called every day to check no earring. Workers must be under paid one of them hid a broken stroller by the air conditioners then retrieved it later, I used the washing room it was dirty leaves and overflowing trash used the game room lost money in the token machine 4 times kept taking quarters and no one bothered to try to figure out why the machine was taking money. Went to exercise room and water from the water cooler was warm no cold water after exercising. Went to the discount ticket counter and If you want discount tickets you have to be in their computer I did not understand this at all, She asked for my name and my husbands name and said your not in my computer so I cannot give you any discount, The free WiFi was terrible didn't work. elevator broke twice and the arrow for up was drawn with a black marker and the final hoorah was when I asked for ice for our cooler at check out they don't have ice for guest we had to go in a kitchen where breakfast was being fixed and get the ice while workers were cooking that was weird. It was so bad we bought a time share so we never have to worry about staying in a dump again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!