“Pleasant stay for a family” 4 of 5 stars

The Palms Hotel and Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #43 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Arlington, Virginia
“Pleasant stay for a family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed her for three nights, while visiting the Disney World Parks. Convenient location, only about 2 miles from the parks. We were 5 adults and two kids that stayed in a 2 bedroom 1 bath room. There are no frills about the hotel, definitely dated, but it was comfortable and clean. We made the reservation in advance and had received a nice nightly rate. However there was a mixup somehow between the automated booking system and what the hotel staff were able to see. We were left with a one bathroom because apparently all of the other rooms were booked. The one bathroom was located off the master bedroom and inconvenient for those staying in the common room and second bedroom. My advice is for larger parties, make sure its clear that you either have 2 bathrooms or make sure its clear where the one bathroom is located. Despite the mixup, General Managers Wade and Brian were friendly and helpful to work with us to remedy the situation. They accomodated a late checkout for us on our final day. Breakfast each day was subpar, nothing fancy, but enough to get the family fed well and out the door at a reasonable time to the parks. All in all a pleasant comfortable stay and a good deal for a larger family with close proximity to the parks.

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cody, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Basic rooms, great to be able to cook. Breakfast, lots to choose from. Plenty of seating at the pool. Close to I4 and not too far from the Turnpike. A few restaurants (I ate at the Italian one) down the street.

Room Tip: Room 215, close to the pool without the noise of being at the pool. Ground level with parking right...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have used this hotel for our last three consecutive family vacations to Orlando and we will continue to do so because of the great value and proximity to attractions.

The hotel provides a very good breakfast that includes eggs, french toast or waffles, several types of breads, muffins, four types of cereal, oatmeal, fruit cocktail, milk, juices, coffee, tea, and an assortment of pastries. We do keep hoping, however, that someday they will add some type of meat like sausage, bacon, or ham.

The rooms are old and could use updating, as could the towels, but the staff tries to keep everything clean and they are attentive whenever anything is needed. The heated pool is spacious and nice for relaxing after long days at the parks (there is also a hot tub).

The free shuttles are convenient for the trips to the parks, however, return trips (especially from Disney), can be tense and upsetting due to the first-come-first-serve free-for-all that can result when tired visitors realize that the number of people waiting for the shuttle exceeds the shuttle capacity.

Finally, we do agree that a second floor room away from the highway is a must for a pleasant experience.

In summary, (1) Great value for a suite, (2) older property, (3) accommodating staff, (4) good breakfast that we wish included some type of meat, (5) free shuttle that is usually overcrowded and stressful, and (6) second floor room away from the highway is a must.

Bottom line: We will continue to stay there for our vacations, but do wonder if overall updates to the hotel will be required to maintain current value for visitors.

Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked this thinking what a great deal for 70$...my fault for being Dutch I guess. Staff friendly however! When we walked in there was a lizard in the middle of the floor that freaked out my 5 yer old daughter, and my wife...so after killing that and searching fr more I quickly searched for other resorts in the area as this place smelled bad,had bad decorating,twin size beds, and just old rundown feeling. If we weren't dead tired from driving 14 hours we woulda left that night. I ate the 200$ and switched to another place. Good location but needs some serious upgrading and remodeling. Could be a good place if redone.

Mass
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is in need of some serious updating. Our recent stay there was a bit of a disappointment based on high reviews from other travelers. If this hotel rates 16 out of 165 hotels I have to wonder what the rest of the hotels in this area are like. I would not give this lodging more than a two star rating. Kitchen cabinets were totally worn out and glasses, dishes, etc were few (4 glasses total and about the same for other dinner ware). Our dishwasher was run by housekeeping with only 3 glasses in it but perhaps this is a requirement? Living space was minimal but the double double bedroom was large and comfortable. The location was wonderful as was the price - I guess you get what you pay for. The included "continental" breakfast was excellent with a very large variety of breakfast foods. If you are looking for an affordable no frills place to stay this is the place.

Room Tip: get an upstairs room if possible because on the lower floor you can hear every footstep above you.
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently stayed at The Palms Hotel and Villas for a quick business trip near Disney. I found the hot tub wonderful after the cramped airline seats and took a quick dip in the heated pool before bed as well. The breakfast area was large and had plenty of options for me to fuel up before I hit the road. With a late checkout at 1pm, I didn't have to drag my belongings with me to my meeting and I found the staff very friendly. Wifi is FAST and seemed to reach the entire property, as I like to make calls and surf the web as I pace outdoors. In my opinion this was a great value for a one bedroom apartment with a kitchen this close to Disney. I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I like the buildings by the pool personally.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Would recommend to anyone that has limited time to deal with details. Management is very accommodating, has been there for a long time, and takes care of everything. If you arent going to spend all day in your room complaining about a crumb or the road noise (its orlando, you are gonna get road noise or kids or old people waking up at 5am deal with it) even though you arent spending $2000 for the week and you are there to have fun and not complain because you are on vacation, and dont want to worry about the small stuff, I would stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Palms Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!