“Good hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Maingate

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Maingate to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Maingate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
MPLS, MN
“Good hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

i stayed here with my girlfriend for four nights in early September. We checked in around 11pm. Denise at the front was very nice and even upgraded us to a king size bed (originally booked two queens) when my GF asked her if she could since it was her birthday.

The room is adequate. There is a sitting area with a fold-out couch and a coffee table and a small flat-panel TV mounted on the wall near the door. It's a really tiny TV so unless you're standing directly in front of it, it's not worth turning on. The king size bed was amazing though. So much room and firm but comfy. It wasn't sagging in the middle or springy. This was our favorite part of the room.

The bathroom is small. The toilet and bathtub are too close to each other. It wasn't too bad for two people but if a family were to stay in a room like this the bathroom will feel cramped.

The air conditioner was a little loud but we both slept great and hardly noticed it. Not sure if it was the AC unit giving off the smell, but there was a faint odor to the room, kind of a moldy smell that wasn't overbearing but slightly unpleasant. You couldn't smell it in the hallway so my assumption is that the smell came from the AC.

The free breakfast is good. I like that they have the hotel staff make the waffles and they usually had waffles premade and ready for you to eat. I've been to other hotels with waffle makers and the machine can get backed up when the hotel guests are the ones cooking the waffles. The eggs and sausage links are on the salty side but I can't complain too much for something that is free. There was a wide variety of carbs (white and wheat toast, english muffins, a cinnamon-roll type thing and donut holes). Drinks included apple and orange juice, coffee, 2% milk, coffee, tea and water. Overall, we liked the breakfast and it was a nice way to save time (didn't have to drive somewhere to get breakfast) and save money (never had to pay for our first meal). I don't understand why there were a few people who complained about the breakfast. It was FREE, what more do you want?! If you want more variety, cook your own breakfast or go eat at a restaurant.

The entire staff was polite, friendly, nice and helpful. No complaints there. Housekeeping was always on time and did a nice job.

The pool and hot tub were a nice way to relax. We did not use the fitness room but it looks like it would be more than adequate if you wanted to get a quick workout in on vacation.

All in all, this is a three star hotel that does a really nice job. The location is great, just 10 minutes to Disney and 25 minutes to Universal. What it lacks in frills it makes up for in value. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a very inexpensive hotel that is very close to Disney. The staff is very welcoming and family like. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a good experience .The rooms we booked were clean, large and spacious and included flat screen TVs ( 2 one in the bedroom and one in a small sitting area), safe, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and 2 double beds. Note family rooms also had bunk beds
We enjoyed breakfast which consisted of; 3 types of cereals, bread/toast, doughnuts, freshly cooked waffles, sausage, scrambled and boiled eggs, yoghurt,fruit, fruit juice tea and coffee. We had breakfast at various times and never found the breakfast room crowded.
There is a reasonable size pool and jacuzzi which is perfect for relaxing in after a busy day at the parks, There is also a gym, which we did not try.
The hotel is only around a mile from the entrance to Disney so its very convenient if you are planning going to Disney. There are several dining options and shops within walking distance so you could get by without a car, especially as the hotel runs a free shuttle to the parks. We used our own car as we found it more convenient and gave us longer in the parks if we chose.
There is a resort tax over and above what you pay for the room so be aware of this. I think it works about at around 4$ a day per room.

Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I actually stayed at this hotel a week ago, from September 8th to September 14th 2013, and it was simply great!
The hotel's staff was very kind and helpful. They made us feel very special and welcoming.
Breakfast was very good, especially the waffles! Breakfast offers waffles, toast, yogurt, donuts, scrambled eggs, sausage, apples, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, milk, cereal etc.
The rooms were very pleasing, spacious and very clean. In my case, I only went with my little sister and our room even had an extra section with a sofa bed and plasma tv, which was awesome cause she would go watch tv there and I would watch tv on the bed. Rooms have 2 beds, microwave, fridge, plasma tv, iron, hair dryer, desk etc.
The pool, kiddie pool and hot tub were great!
Definitly the best quality of this hotel is the location and shuttle service. By crossing the street or walking next door you will find a mcdonalds, dennys, burger king, cici's pizza, dunkin donuts, dozens of gift shops etc.
Unlike other reviews, the shuttle service is good. It's quick and although there is a schedule, let's be real, by 15 minutes earlier that you'll leave the park, you won't miss a whole lot. And it saves a ton of money on transportation.
Also, free wifi!
I would definitly visit soon!

Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the third time as a family that we have stayed in the Kissimee area.
We have always experienced good value for money accommodation however the Comfort Inn Maingate has proved to be the best yet.
Perfect location for Disney and other Orlando Theme Park attractions with many restaurants close by to suit all tastes too.
Our room was larger than expected with bunk beds available alongside two queen sized beds.
Fridge, Microwave, Flatscreen tv and large wardrobe with safe were welcome additions that added to the sense of value.
The beds were extremely comfy and 14 undisturbed nights sleep with no noise heard from other guests of the hotel.
Breakfast could be busy, but this tended to be towards the end of service. The food was cheap and cheerful and the same each morning, but more than adequate to get you started for the day.
One morning we had a similar breakfast in a Restaurant nearby which cost $30, this made subsequent breakfasts at the Hotel even better as we were staying for 14 nights and therefore the savings huge.
The pool area was clean, water warm and never very busy.
Gift shop on site was useful as were the laundry facilities.
We have now booked for our 2014 holiday to Orlando and without hesitation re-booked this Hotel for our stay.
Would recommend the Comfort Inn Maingate for those looking for a value for money Hotel, especially those guests who may be staying for an extended period.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Located just 2km away from the Walt Disney Resort, the Comfort Inn Maingate is an ideal property keeping in mind comfort and convenience. The hotel has a free sumptuous breakfast on offer daily, and free daily shuttle transportation to the Disney Theme parks, Universal Studios, Sea World and Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall.

All the rooms are totally non smoking, have free wireless internet access, in room refrigerator, a microwave and a tea/coffee maker. Children will enjoy splashing around in the swimming pool or relaxing in the hot tub.

The guest service desk is more than happy to help you out with the attractions you wish to visit. The fun doesn’t stop there…experience a world of shopping and dining options which are as exciting as the theme parks. Visit the Premium Designer Outlet Orlando for it’s 40 designer stores at bargain prices, experience the famous Festival Bay Mall for it’s sports shops, dining and a movie theatre. Less than half a kilometer away, you can spoil yourself with the various choices in cuisines…whether it is the Red Lobster for it’s seafood, Cici’s Pizza for it’s fresh pizzas or pasta or the steaks and tropical drinks at Bahama Breeze, you will never go hungry here! You can even stop by for an Indian meal at the Passage to India or the Clay Oven Indian Cuisine restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. The woman at the front desk when we arrived treated us like royalty and even gave us a present to help celebrate our honeymoon. She upgraded our room to the biggest in the hotel for no charge. Kissimmee was too touristy for our tastes. Everything was Disney this, Disney that, which can be expected given its close proximity to Disney. But, it got old. Thankfully St. Petersburg was only an hour or so away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family & I are visiting this hotel still as we speak and I feel compelled to write this review. Prior to arriving I found a steal on this property online for only $50 a night so I was fairly certain it was going to be horrible since every hotel me & my family have traveled to under the price of $80 have been nightmares but I was so wrong.This hotel is great. Arrived on 8/30/13 and stayed for 3 nights. During check-in we met Kevin one of the front desk clerks he was incredibly friendly and helpful so from the very beginning we felt that this might not be as bad as I was thinking. When we arrived in our room which was #424 there were a set of bunk beds in it's own area with it's own television in it needless to say my 5 year old was the happiest kid alive at that moment. Next we walked passed the bathroom into another side with 2 queen beds,a flat screen tv, a microwave, & a mini fridge. This hotel was starting to sell me but I was still doubtful. Next morning breakfast was amazing they had waffles (which are prepared by a staff member right in front of you), English muffins, scrambled eggs, cereal, oranges, apples, sausage, toast, pecan rolls, hard boiled eggs, assorted donuts, yogurt, apple juice, orange juice, and milk. Left for the park completely stuffed and beyond satisfied and with Magic Kingdom only minutes away I was now totally sold on this place . So why did I give it a 4 out a 5 rating. The only and I do mean ABSOLUTELY ONLY THING that I had to address was the wear and tear. Since the hotel is fairly old and inexpensive you could expect that previous people visiting do not have enough sense to not destroy the place so there were some areas in the walls and ceiling where they had patched up from people putting holes in them. Also the beds were a bit too firm for my liking but everyone is different and my husband loved the bed so more then likely it was just me lol. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget or anyone at all for that fact and can guarantee without question we will be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!