“Awesome Labor Day Mini Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Maingate

You added Comfort Inn Maingate to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Maingate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Holiday, Florida
“Awesome Labor Day Mini Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family & I are visiting this hotel still as we speak and I feel compelled to write this review. Prior to arriving I found a steal on this property online for only $50 a night so I was fairly certain it was going to be horrible since every hotel me & my family have traveled to under the price of $80 have been nightmares but I was so wrong.This hotel is great. Arrived on 8/30/13 and stayed for 3 nights. During check-in we met Kevin one of the front desk clerks he was incredibly friendly and helpful so from the very beginning we felt that this might not be as bad as I was thinking. When we arrived in our room which was #424 there were a set of bunk beds in it's own area with it's own television in it needless to say my 5 year old was the happiest kid alive at that moment. Next we walked passed the bathroom into another side with 2 queen beds,a flat screen tv, a microwave, & a mini fridge. This hotel was starting to sell me but I was still doubtful. Next morning breakfast was amazing they had waffles (which are prepared by a staff member right in front of you), English muffins, scrambled eggs, cereal, oranges, apples, sausage, toast, pecan rolls, hard boiled eggs, assorted donuts, yogurt, apple juice, orange juice, and milk. Left for the park completely stuffed and beyond satisfied and with Magic Kingdom only minutes away I was now totally sold on this place . So why did I give it a 4 out a 5 rating. The only and I do mean ABSOLUTELY ONLY THING that I had to address was the wear and tear. Since the hotel is fairly old and inexpensive you could expect that previous people visiting do not have enough sense to not destroy the place so there were some areas in the walls and ceiling where they had patched up from people putting holes in them. Also the beds were a bit too firm for my liking but everyone is different and my husband loved the bed so more then likely it was just me lol. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget or anyone at all for that fact and can guarantee without question we will be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
chessington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just arrived home and wanted to review comfort inn before jet lag overcomes me!! Hardy paid anything to stay here for two weeks but chose because we never drive in orlando and this hotel had shuttles to everywhere.first the staff were really lovely,friendly and helpful and this was everyone we dealt with in the hotel from reception to the lovely man who made me waffles every morning.the shuttles were mostly on time and we never had a worry of not getting a seat as they were a good size.a good tip is if you dont want to come back at the shuttle time from a disney park or downtown disney just get a disney bus back to animal kingdom lodge and a cab from there is about $8.the room was a good size and very clean,it had an iron and board,hairdryer and fridge so it had everything we needed.Breakfast was another bonus as it was free,can get a little busy but the waffles are great and its just a little something to send you off to the parks happy.we used the long day at universal to visit the malls from universal the florida mall is a $20 cab fare away then we went back to the park for a 7.45 pick up.only slight downside was the fishy smell in the lobby due to the lobster restaurant thats there but it wasnt that bad and i was aware before i booked from reading reviews on here.you can manage very well without a car as plenty of good restaurants within walking distance and do make sure if you need a cab you book a mears cab as they are the cheapest ,look for the bright yellow cabs the numbers on the side.when we return we will stay here again

Caribbean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Comfort Inn for 8 nights and it was really an enjoyable experience. We booked it because of the customer ratings, proximity to Disney and was part of the American Airlines Aadvantage program. Let me get the only negative out of the way - the wi-fi internet service was unreliable. We stayed on the 4th floor (out of 5 floors) and around the 4th day or I could only pick up an internet signal on the ground floor. I know they were working on the problem but as I needed to log in to my business email nightly, it was a bit inconvenient to go downstairs. But this was by no means a biggie :) After all I was supposed to be on vacation anyway. So I'll move onto the positive highlights!

The room was quite spacious, comfortable and clean. We had 2 queen sized beds for my family of 4 and we were comfortable. We had a view of the highway, the hotel pond and everything nearby. The microwave and mini-fridge worked great for us, especially on those nights we wanted to eat in. The rooms are accessed via spacious, well lit, clean inner corridors. The elevators were also well lit and clean. I keep stressing "clean" because we stayed at another hotel for 3 nights afterwards and it was absolutely poor. There's a guest laundry room where you can wash and/or dry stuff yourself.

The hotel has its's own restaurant and serves complimentary breakfast. The staff were all quite pleasant. The pool isn't spectacular but it works and there's also a smaller 1 foot deep pool for the little ones plus a 3 foot deep jacuzzi.

The location is great. On West Irlo there were numerous restaurants, gift shops and even a Walgreens all within walking distance. The Lynx stop is also practically in front so if you can easily take the bus to the not to far away Walmart in Clermont, or the Target Superstore or other malls nearby. The hotel also provides a free shuttle to Disney, Universal and Sea World.

My family and I really enjoyed ourselves and would most definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the front/highway side which was great in terms of the view. But on the day we arrive...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Our family drove to Orlando and arrived late in the evening. We called ahead to notify we would arrive late, which was no problem. We had a 5th floor room, which was clean and exactly as advertised. We had 2 Queen room. It had a nice refrigerator which we used for our cooler items. Water pressure (beyond hotel's control) was surprisingly light. Plenty of hot water. Beds were comfortable. Pool was nice. Entire family enjoyed the brkfst. Did not notice the fish smell mentioned in the other reviews.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying at this hotel with our group after a bad experience at another hotel (clarion inn international) this hotel was a breath of fresh air.

Each room had bunk beds in addition to the two queens (or king). Hotel was clean,
Staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Sumter, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days and initially rented there due to the close proximity to Disney and it has inside entry to the rooms. The hallways are really bright and enhance the secure feel of the property. The entire staff is friendly and courteous. Our room was clean and comfortable with no problems at all. There were no weird smells or bugs or anything that would detract from the experience. WiFi worked perfectly each time I signed on in our room. Breakfast was adequate. The gentleman who prepares the waffles is awesome and he makes them perfectly every time. There is an adjacent seafood restaurant so that may explain one of the other reviews comment about a fish smell. All in all, I think this has become our "new favorite" hotel.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was advertised as a three star hotel with Internet and bed choice available. When I walked into the room with my young daughter and niece, we were welcomed by an overpowering moldy odor. We changed rooms only to find out the pungent mold smell was present there as well. I felt like nothing else could be done to help us, for I called front desk to express my concerns and they put me on hold and never came back!

The room had a dead mosquito on the wall, was filthy, run down, and had parts of the furniture broken.

The most frustrating part, however, was the fact that, contrary to what was advertised, there was no Internet, and I had business I needed to take care of on that night in particular. Front desk promised they would try and do something about it, but nothing happened. The girls and I felt very uncomfortable there. It is not, by any means, a 3 star hotel as advertised. They did not deliver what they had promised, and our experience was far from pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!