“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Maingate

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Maingate to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Maingate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7675 West Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Kettering
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am a Diamond level Choice Privilege member who used points to stay here for 6 nights on our family vacation to Disney. I made the right choice. This is a large Hotel with many guests, and large groups from all over the world staying here. The location is very good,in the heart of the tourist district, right next to a Denny's and a 24hr(very slow) McDonald's. with many food options nearby.Our room faced the rear and we had a view of the pool and could see some Disney property fireworks and landmarks from our 5th floor room. The room itself was perfect for us, with 2 comfy queens beds and a bunkbed for the kids,2 flatscreen tv's,and poor wi-fi (intermittent service), the mini-fridge and micro came in handy as did the closet.The housekeeping staff was very helpful they came-in and cleaned up while we were out, which was very refreshing after coming back from a long day at the parks. The kids loved the pool and the complimentary breakfast (while crowded) was kept well stocked .and met our needs.We did not use the shuttle service to the parks because their times did not work for us(see other reviews).It is a short drive to Disney and being able to come and go as we wanted was worth the $15 parking at Disney.The only minor issue I encountered at this property was the rude,obnoxious, ticket brokers located in the hotel lobby.While some might find this a convenience I found it to be annoying and very unprofessional, if I needed tickets I would come up to the booth and ask, I didn't appreciate being hounded every time I walked into or out of the hotel, and then treated rudely when I declined .Expanding the very nice,yet small Gift shop (whose employee's were very nice) and eliminating the ticket broker would be an option I would consider if I owned this place, but other than that, this Comfort Inn Maingate in Kissimmee Fla. provided my family with pleasant accommodations on our recent family trip to Disney World. We will be back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Fayetteville Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I booked a Disney and Universal Studios trip for our 9th year Anniversary. Our trip was booked through Reserve Orlando. The staff at Comfort Inn was friendly and very helpful. We were located very close to Disney and close to Universal which was nice. There bed's was comfortable. Having a microwave, coffee pot, and fridge in the room was nice. With that being said that was the only few things that we liked about the Hotel. Now for the bad. There was a $20 extra Hotel fee that we were not told about until we checked in. There shuttle service times were ridiculous. We would get to the Universal parks after 10:00. The shuttle would pick us up early from both parks.We only used the shuttle service twice to keep from leaving the parks early. We had to drive our rental car and take a taxi from Disney two out of the four days. The taxi cost $23.00 and parking cost $15.00. One of the main reasons we picked the hotel was for the shuttle service. The two days we took the shuttle we missed a lot of the parks, because they pick you up WAY to early. Getting dropped of at Disney is a hassle. They drop you off at 10:30 am. So after they drop you off from the bus you then have to take a train (get your bags checked twice) and a boat to get to the park. By the time we got there it was after 11:00. The two days we took the shuttle we missed a lot of the parks. The rooms were very DIRTY! My husbands feet were black from walking bare foot on the carpet. There was a M & M on the floor ( That was not our's ) from the time we checked in to the time we left. The bottom of the tub was black and had black hairs in the tub. My husband and I are both blond. My husband found black hairs in the towel's. The bathroom floors were dirty and we wore flip flops to take a shower. There is a sign on the wall stating that they do not wash the sheets for the length of the stay to save water and detergent to help the environment. Apparently they do not mop, clean the carpets, clean the bathroom to help the environment as well. The breakfast is horrible! The eggs and sausage taste bad. The only good thing about the breakfast is the waffles and juice. After 5 days waffles and juice get old. My husband and I are not picky or hard to please. We can handle run down, old, and even the not so great breakfast, but there is no excuse for being dirty. When you are afraid to take a shower, walk on the floors bare foot and sleep in there beds that is a problem. They need to work with the house keeping to show them how to clean the rooms properly. They also need to quit being tight and use detergent and water. We will not be staying at comfort Inn ever again. We would rather stay at Motel 6.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Comfort Inn is a great base to work from on your holiday to Florida. Situated in the old town of Kissimmee, the hotel offers a self service buffet breakfast with your booking which is great if it's your first visit and don't know what to do or if you have kids with you as you don't have to pay any extra for food or search around the locality for something to eat.
It is situated a short distance away from all the theme parks (you will need a car) and is just off the main 192 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.
After a day at the theme parks, you can relax in the swimming pool before having something to eat.
A number of outlets deliver food to the hotel but the best thing to do is cruise along the 192 where there are some great restaurants and diners for you to choose from. If you don't have a car, there are also plenty within walking distance. Food from every country you can think of makes it a difficult decision to choose where to go.
There is also a large Publix supermarket close by which has more than you will ever need.
The hotel itself is clean and is all you want when you are using it as a starting point for your daily trips. If you want 5* go somewhere else but what's the point, you are only sleeping here afterall.
The old town comes to life a couple of nights in the week with the classic car and bike cruises.
A great place to stay and one which I will certainly return to in the future.
Discounts too if you are in the services but I would imagine you would need to book direct with the hotel to get these reduced rates.
A popular place for Americans too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its Disney Good Neighbor status and its free shuttle. The shuttle schedule is inconvenient, especially to Magic Kingdom, and it stops at several hotels on its way to the park. It took us two hours from the time we left our hotel on the shuttle to the time we walked into Magic Kingdom. We were also forced to leave MK at 8:30 to return to Epcot to get the shuttle home, meaning we missed all of the nighttime parades and fireworks. We ended up taking cabs a lot, but a cab is $30 each way to the parks, even though they advertise that they are only "one mile" from WDW. On the last night, we were on a shuttle without AC with a driver blaring his Christian rock for over an hour before he dropped us off at our hotel. Though the front desk employees are nice, the breakfast is crowded and kind of gross. Housekeeping forgot to come to our room one night, leaving us with no towels. This hotel does not deserve Disney Good Neighbor status--by the time we added up our transportation from the airport and the cabs we had to take to avoid being on the shuttle all morning and night, we could have stayed at a budget Disney Resort (really--I did the math.). Don't stay here to try to save a buck. Go stay at Disney's Art of Imagination or similar and enjoy the service of a company who knows how to treat its guests, not a shady organization looking to take advantage of people who were lured in by the Disney name.

• Stayed June 2013
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hotel may be better than when it was a Clarion. I agree that there is a fish smell in the breakfast room from the Lobster buffet. However, if you eat in the dining room section rather than the breakfast section its not so bad.

Breakfast was the same every day, and included hot sausages and scrambled eggs..........look for well done sausages. Waffles were popular, and on weekends there was a line at that station. There were plenty of choices for cereal, muffins-toast-bagels-sweet pastries, hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc. Coffee was OK.

My room was basically the same as previous. Clean and comfortable. I was on back side which may be quieter. Roll in shower was good for handicapped--there are only two rooms with roll in shower so I had to move after first night to have one.

Free print out of boarding passes from lobby computer; free wi fi in rooms.

Overall, for the money this cannot be beat. I travelled on business, attending a conference at Disney Yacht Club. This was very convenient. I bought a combo package that included airfare from Seattle, rental car from Thrifty, and this two bed queen room for $950. Great Bargain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here from the 13th May until the 17th May.
It has a lot of restaurants around so you don't have to go too far to get a decent feed.
The shuttles to Universal was a 9am pick up. By the time you got to Universal it was about 9:30 -10am. Then it's time to join the que. The shuttle doesn't then pick you up until 7:30pm. Too bad if you happen to finish up early or have other things you wanted to see. To get anywhere it was $30 taxi ride.
The room was comfortable although the shower refused to work. Because we are from Australia we weren't aware of the little knob thingy on the bath tap to get the shower to work. The repairman that the lady sent up to show me made me feel like a complete idiot because I didn't know how to work the shower. He needs to learn to be nice to foreigners.
There was a lot to watch on tv thanks to Cable.
Waffles for breakfast everyday was amazing. I'd never had them before.
The service was good throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Top floor has best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from May 7-14, 2013. The hotel is in a great location, located where you can access any road to go anywhere in the Orlando area. There are many dining choices in the area. The room was comfortable and Rebecca at the front desk was great. She is friendly and very helpful! That being said, the breakfast was ok, but if you are looking for fruit, get there early. The computers in the lobby need to be replaced, printing boarding passes was impossible, due to what appears to be multiple viruses on these computers. We were in town on business, and I quickly found that the TV selection was lacking. There were dedicated Disney channels, which I understand, but I was not happy about other offerings. Fox News and CNN were available, but MSNBC was not. When asked about this, the response was "It's not part of the TV package at the hotel". If we spend a week at a location, I don't think it is much of a stretch to make all types of channels available to customers. There was a large waterbug in our room, which we took care of. Upon checkout, we informed a gentleman at the front desk of the bug in the room. He appeared that he could care less. He looked at me and did not respond at all. I did not appreciate his lack of concern. This type of treatment would make me hesitate to recommend this hotel to family, friends and other readers. My overall rating is based on poor management response.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!