To begin with, we only stayed here for one night so this review will only be able to detail our experience for this small time. My rating is also based on the price of the hotel, it is in the budget range so I have rated it accordingly.
We had booked a villa for part of our honeymoon and to spend Christmas in, unfortunately for us we were shocked and disappointed to find our chosen villa an absolute mess and the management company aggressive and rude - we decided we could not stay there. This was at 6.00 in the evening. We didn't know what to do, so I called my Dad and he said some of his friends had said that this was a pretty good hotel at a cheap price. (It was late, we didn't know anything in the area and lots of other places were busy).
I have to say, this place surpassed my expectations. I hadn't stayed in a Best Western before and was a little apprehensive. We got checked in straight away by a really helpful guy at the front desk and when we got into our room it was clean and comfortable. It began to get really noisy next to us, with screaming and shouting, so my husband went to the front desk and explained that we had had a really bad day and would prefer a quieter room, was this possible? They sorted it out straight away and in no time we were in a new (much quieter!) room. The beds were comfortable, the t.v. had loads of chanels, there was a good room heater (at this time, orlando was really cold!) a free safe, and food and drink establishments on site. There was also free wi fi and free parking. The bathroom was great, with a hair dryer and toiletries - everything you could need. We also found out that they do free transportation to all the parks if you needed it. There is also a huge security guard that drives around all night in a little golf cart - so I felt quite safe!
We ate breakfast there the next morning and it was pretty good value for a buffet breakfast and the staff were really lovely.
For a budget hotel in Orlando, I couldn't find fault with it. We only decided to stay somewhere else for the remainder of our vacation as due to the villa not working out I wanted to be as close to disney as I could so we ended up staying at a hotel near downtown disney.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Budget Places, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Maingate Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maingate Lakeside Hotel Kissimmee
- Best Western Hotel Kissimmee
- Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee
- Best Western Kissimmee
- Best Western Lakeside Florida
- Kissimmee Best Western
- Best Western Lakeside Orlando