“Great starting point for a Disney vacation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

You added Maingate Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Maingate Lakeside Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Great starting point for a Disney vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

We booked two nights at this hotel using Hotwire. It was really cheap and in a great location for easy access to the Disney parks. It is only about 1.5 miles away from the Animal Kingdom. It is located just off of a highway that contains a ton of restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a cheap place to stay near Disney.

The hotel is broken up into many separate buildings. The lobby was very nice for this class of hotel. The rooms were pretty much what I would expect from your average Best Western. The only real negative I have was the fact that I could not access the free WiFi from my room. So if you need to use WiFi, make sure to mention it when you check in.

The hotel charged a very minimal $3.50 per night resort fee beyond what we paid on Hotwire. This seems to be pretty common for this area so it seemed fair.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed with Best Western Lakeside for xmas and new year. We made an advance request for pool facing rooms that were inter-connecting and were pleasantly surprised the request was followed through. The hotel is relatively clean, our room could have been cleaned better, the maid does come in everyday and provide clean towels which is excellent but a pile of dirt was on the floor for entire 2 weeks so cleaning leaves lots to be desired. The pool was clean and well maintained, the water was heated. The rooms were fairly comfortable. The restaurants and Deli are all in the same location, food in Hurrican Sams was terrible but staff were lovely. Heavy smell in the air that tells you a really good clean is needed in that restaurant area too !!! We normally stay in more upmarket resorts but thought we would give this hotel a try, on checkout we were presented with a bill for $329.00 plus tax for the privellege of the pool facing room and local taxes (never paid these costs before in better resorts). Thought it was really cheeky and it ended up costing the equivallent of the better resort - you live and learn.
Tips: Dont get pool facing rooms unless you want to pay for them. Eat elsewhere, restaurant food is very poor and the pizza express food was cold. Great location, only 5 minutes from Disney

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Guardalavaca, Cuba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

We finally got to the hotel after the long flight and stop at the rental car
company. I hauled in the luggage and got our room key and we all started heading
towards our room. We couldnt wait to relax for a few minutes. Before we could
open the door of the lobby to leave; one of the employees behind the counter
starts yelling to us "hold on folks you forgot something". " This is a different
guy than we checked in wiith and he tells us "If you're going to Disney you need
to get your discounted tickets now." Keep in mind that this guy is behind the
counter as far as I know he's an employee of Best Western.
He tells us that the hotel offers discount tickets to Disney but it cant wait
until later I'll need to get them now.

As tired as I am, I figured why not just take a few minutes to buy them now from
the hotel and save a few dollars. We listen to this guy on and on about what a
great discount we're getting and then he tells us that deal "gets even better".
We'll also get to take a tour of this beautiful new time share facility and have
a free breakfast. I have my wallet in my hand ready to pay for the "discount
tickets" and I told him that we dont want to tour any building I just want to
pay for the tickets.
If you havent figured it out yet, this guy works for the time
share company and not the hotel. He doesnt have any Disney tickets for sale and
theres no discount tickets unless you spend one of your vacation days at a high
pressure sales presentation..
I was furiuos, and embarassed that I was naive enough to force my exhausted
family to stand there and listen to this.
To give this guy a spot behind their counter is inexcusable.
Bad service is one thing but having a guy in your lobby whose only purpose is to make you angry is a reason to avoid this hotel. Everything else ablout the hotel was adequate at
best I was so angry that
my entire vacation was ruined before I even got to my room.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Just returned from the hotel and felt a very strong urge to write a review. Do want anyone else to be fooled, by the hotels 3 star rating! The carpets in the Hotel were filthy and the room smelled musty/dirty. The bathroom toilet and floor were not very clean, the phone in the room was not working, there was no microwave available and you could hear everything your neighbor would say or do through the walls. Not to mention how extremely uncomfortable their bed was! So do yourself a favor and stay at a different hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I can't really recommend this hotel to anyone. We booked it on a discount site for an incredibly low price that seemed to be too good to be true, and it was. The front desk told us we got a great deal and that the rooms usually go for four times what we paid; that sounded great at the time, but the room was underwhelming once we saw it. The hotel is old and the room felt dirty. New carpet, new beds, new bathrooms would be great. New sheets would be nice. The exterior of the motel-style units did look well manicured, and the outdoor pool was quite large and beautiful. If only they had spent more time updating the rooms. My partner and I asked for a king size bed at check in, instead of the two double beds in the room that our discount site had given us, and the hotel charged us an extra $10 to give us a room with a king. I thought that was pretty lame since the room wouldn't have been booked anyway. Also, no free breakfast, which I expect in a competitive Orlando market. All in all, we slept well, but I refused to stay a second night and we booked another hotel in Orlando the next night. Best Western can and usually does much much better. The room was so grungy that I checked the bed for bedbugs before I slept in it - luckily I didn't find any!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

We really can't complain too much because we booked this hotel for $35/night through Hotwire. The hotel is located in the Disney Maingate area. Perfect for visiting any of the parks. The area is safe and offers many restaurants, convenience shops, and fast food.

The hotel itself is pretty dated.The room was not the cleanest and the bathroom fixtures were rather scary. Hoping that housekeeping would give the room a little extra cleaning after our first night we left a pretty decent tip. We returned that evening to find the tip missing but the room in the same state we left it. The bed was not made and the towels on the bathroom floor. funny enough new towels were hanging on the racks and the room curtains were left wide open. Called the front desk and was told this was not normal and it wouldn't happen again. The next day we return to the room in the late evening after a day in Disney to find housekeeping had never made it to the room.

A couple other things make me cringe when I think about our stay at the Lakeside:
1. The TV remote did not work
2. We could hear the conversations in the room next to ours.
3. The carpets were very dirty, our socks turned brown after only a couple hours in the room
4. Our bed had no fitted sheet, just a flat sheet, not even tucked under the mattress
5. While this is suppose to be a non smoking hotel people still smoked in the walkways.

We did enjoy some things. Got take out from the Pizza Hut and it was pretty good. The front desk staff was always nice and courteous. The location is great,.

For $35 a night this hotel is ok. I wouldn't pay anything more for it though.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
LONG ISLAND, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

At least once a year my children and I go to Disney. Either the first week of May or the first week of December. I usually pay around $50.00 a night. It's literally 5 minutes from the Disney entrance. The rooms are clean and being renovated in sections so ask for a newly completed room. There are three pools, the smallest one is the best, nice and quite and CLEAN. The breakfast buffet is awesome and kids eat free. There is a market and a pizza hut and a lounge where you can get bar food. There are quite a few buildings but they are only two floors and the way they are situated is very nice.Get a room with a garden view. Also you can walk to Wendy's and Walgreens. There are also tons of restaurants within a 3 minute drive. Everyone there is very nice too. The only issue I ever had was a really loud A/C but the front desk changed my room without question. This hotel has never dissapointed me. When you are spending HUNDREDS of dollars to get into Disney it's nice to find a hotel that is a good value.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Been to Maingate Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!