“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

You added Maingate Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Maingate Lakeside Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #55 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 9 days mid-June, and I must admit I was very nervous having read previous reviews. We were, however, pleasantly surprised. Yes the rooms are basic, but that's all you need considering the amount of time you spend in them. The rooms were cleaned daily and we always had fresh towels. We didn't eat at the hotel - but that is only because there are so many places to eat nearby! Our 11yr old daughter absolutely loved the pool (which was very clean) and spent as much time in there as she could. We would definitely stay here again. It's very close to Disney and there is a free shuttle bus to Universal, however we must warn you that the driver crams as many people on as he can, and we had to stand for almost every trip which was quite precarious to say the least!!! Do visit Old Town Kissimmee if you get the chance too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear RichandRaine: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly hope to see you again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I wish I had photos of this so-called resort, but I was too unhappy to take any of photos. I'm going to keep this brief in an attempt to keep myself from getting heated up about this disappointing stay.

NIGHT ONE:
- Arrived after a LONG drive from Dallas, TX only to find out that I didn't have two adjoining rooms like the reservation agent promised when I called just 5 short days before checking in
- Explained that I didn't need or want a pet-friendly room despite what the reservation said
- Attempted to be patient as the staff tried to figure out how to get us two rooms that were at least nearby (since there were no connecting rooms)
-Made it to the rooms, unpacked and went to check on the kids only to discover their room smelled like a rotten swamp. Apparently there was a leak in the plumbing under the tub and the floor was rotten...literally rotten. Called the front desk and waited for someone to come out to check it.
-20 minutes and two calls later, a maintenance guy came out and agreed that the room was not fit for guests
-Another 20 minutes passed and a security guard brought us a key to another room. We went to check it out before moving our stuff and it smelled like a cigar bar.
-Waited another 32 minutes (yes, I actually timed it) before the key was brought to another room. We finally got to sleep, but our rooms were not adjoined or even next door.

DAY TWO
-After returning from a long day at Universal Studios we were locked out of one of the rooms
-After 23 minutes and two phone calls, a new key was brought (no apologies issued)
-The rooms were not cleaned; no clean towels were delivered
-When I went to the desk to get towels, the concierge really tried to pressure me to agree to a time-share tour. Even after declining twice, she kept pushing me.

DAY THREE
-Returned to the rooms to learn we were locked out of BOTH rooms
-Walked up to the front desk and asked for a manager
-Manager claimed we didn’t pay for our rooms for four nights and needed to pay
-I explained we booked on Priceline and paid upfront for both rooms for all 4 nights
-After some researching (no apologies), the manager blamed the person who checked us in and the morning staff for our problems

DAY FOUR
-Checked out and refused to pay the "resort" fee because of our daily problems; they did waive these, but probably had no choice since they didn’t get a credit card at the time of check-in (because they are idiots)
- The person that checked me out was the only nice person I interacted with (and just happened to be the person that the night manager attributed my daily lock-outs to)

Overall, this "resort" was just a crappy hotel with 3 pools, 2 playgrounds, a basketball court and a run-down unkempt putt-putt course.

It was very affordable (totally cheap!) so I didn't expect a 5 star experience; however, I did expect to be in fully functioning rooms that I could get into after long days spent at the parks.

On a totally separate note, I loved my visit to Universal Studios! See my photos of the Harry Potter area of Adventure Islands. I'm going to review that later today!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear pxnichols: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered. We assure our staff does an outstanding job in striving to meet and exceed guest expectations and is troubling when we see we may have fallen short. We appreciate your feedback and hope you may have a change of heart and give us another chance in the future.
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel room was disgusting, there was mold on the walls that was apparently covered up with white paint. Which was a fail. The movie program on the tv didn't work properly and the fridge wasn't keeping cool. I called maintenance and when the guy arrived he came in watching the tv instead of fixing the fridge. To top it all off I had dirty towels and washcloths, those things should have been thrown in the garbage. There were stains on them and long strands of hair. After taking a shower I used a towel and got someone else's hair on me from the nasty towel. The worst experience ever! Upon checking out I told the front desk of my experience and the guy said he would reimburse my resort fee, which he did not do.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay or bring your own towels and washcloths
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear TeamMom352: We would first like to extend our utmost apologies for any troubles you may have encountered, as we assure this is not typical by any means. We would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you as we are committed to making this right. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may speak with you and address your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I always drive from indiana to Disney world so we used this hotel to give ourselves a little rest before we went into the park and stay on disney property.

Location - the hotel is about 5 minutes from Disney World. Close to many restaurants, pharmacy, gift shops, and a put put golf in walking distance.

Amenities - There is a nice pool with a bar directly next to it. There is a game room, but most of the games were not working. Onsite restaurant, but we didn't eat there. Free wifi.

Rooms - Basic room. Inside of the rooms were clean. The door paint was chipping a little bit (the outside of the hotel could've used some touch ups). A/C worked very well. TV had ample cable and stations. They provided a nice pack and play for us to use.

The hotel is not the lap of luxury, but it far exceeds the $35 a night price range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear musicguy8: Thank you for being our guest; it was our pleasure! We are happy you had a nice time and we certainly hope to see you again real soon!
Saint Augustine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have stayed in many, many hotels in the Orlando area. This is by far the dirtiest I have ever stayed in. Stained, dirty sheets covered in hair, crumbs and who knows what else. The shower and shower head were rusted, dirty and molding. The carpets were FULL of stains. The room was in a general state of disrepair and uncleanliness. We ended up sleeping on beach towels that we had stored in the car (thank god). We ended up having to use these beach towels after our shower (in which we both opted to wear flip flops) as the towels provided were also filthy and filled with stains. I have stayed in much cleaner places for less money. This is not a simple case of "you get what you pay for".

• Stayed July 2014
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Nlai323: We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. This is by far not typical and unusual for our establishment and we sincerely apologize for any troubles you may have encountered. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may speak with you, as we are committed to making any situation right. Thank you, and once again our sincere apologies.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The place is clean, relax, rooms are great and the best of all is that prices per night are very affordable. It is very close to any thing and every thing you can think of. Also close to I-4 and other expressways.

Room Tip: this hotel is only 2 floors, so no headaches of elevators. Also, the set up surrounds the pools, pla...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Freddy P: Thank you Freddy for being our guest! We are glad you had a nice time with us and we certainly hope to see you back again real soon!
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a Disney trip. This was our first time & didn't want to pay Disney Resort prices. We were placed in building 2, 2nd floor, facing the parking lot. The staff was always friendly & the room & surrounding areas kept very clean! We used the pool located near our building .... it was also clean & the drinks at the cabana were delicious! Our only complaint is that for some reason none of the outlets worked for our cell phone chargers. It seemed like the connection was too loose?? We also tried Hurricane Sams bar & grill...the food was good & staff in there was very friendly too. Not much of a variety but it served it's purpose. Another plus was the Walgreens next door; very convenient! We read some reviews about bugs in the rooms...we did not have this problem but there is a small gap at the bottom of the door so I suppose it could happen. We will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Nicole T: Thank you for staying with us Nicole! We are delighted you had a nice time with us and enjoyed our multiple food and beverage outlets at the resort! We hope to see you back again real soon!

Been to Maingate Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!