“Absolutely no complaints; I highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

You added Maingate Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Maingate Lakeside Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #55 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Absolutely no complaints; I highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Though we are somewhat local to the area & were not there for Disney at all, this hotel is extremely close to the Disney exit. The staff was pleasant & helpful; the rooms were clean & spacious; the cable was very basic.. but unless you vacation to watch TV this place is superb! Amenities include heated pools, kiddie pools, mini golf, exercise room, game room, 3 on site restaurants (one with a reasonably priced breakfast buffet which we didn't have the opportunity to experience) & 2 bars (& a slew of other establishments located nearby - highway 192 is jam packed with eatery options). My 13-year old son loved it! There's a Wal-Greens within walking distance for any incidentals you may've forgotten & also an on site general store. The bed was cozy & comfortable (which honestly surprised me!); the water pressure was perfect; & I loved the one-cup-at-a-time coffee maker in the room. If we ever decide to just 'get away' for a few without traveling very far we would, without a doubt, return to Maingate Lakeside Resort.

• Stayed February 2013
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Owens_b: Thank you for taking time to write a review and for staying with us! We thank you for your comments and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I was very skeptical of this hotel after purchasing it. I purchased a flight and hotel combo on Southwest website. I immediately went to look at reviews and didn't like what I saw so I was prepared for the worst. On Saturday check in was a breeze and only took five mins. The resort fee I wasn't happy with but ok it's still cheaper than other places. No wifi in rooms. The room was actual clean but very outdated. The beds were hard as a rock and the towels were thread bare. I had already packed new sheets and bleach and Lysol to give the room a new scrub anyway so I did which made me a little more relaxed. Th bed is a double and it's not comfortable at all. The bathroom was very clean but extremely small meaning you can't close the door if you are using the toilet. There were some small ants in our room which we bought some spray for and didn't bother to complain about. Honestly for the price I got this trip for I was happy with it. I didn't try any of the on site restaurants. I lived the proximity to Disney, Target, and a number of restaurants. Overall the rooms weren't that bad but I wouldn't stay here again unless they updated the rooms and changed the beds.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cute1_cnr: Thank you for your review. Your comments are very important to us and are taken seriously. We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles encountered and do hope any issues were corrected during your stay with us. If you had any unresolved issues with your stay and would like to speak to a manager, please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may be of assistance in making this right. Thank you and we hope you may decide to stay with us in the future.
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel and I found it to be quite pleasent. I had read some pretty terrible reviews of this hotel and I have to admit I was apprehensive about staying here, but upon reaching the hotel I realized my fears were unfounded. The lobby was large and well lit and a supportive front desk staff available to assist guests. Our room was exactly what we asked for and quite comfortable and clean. My only complaint was there was not enough pillows, but when we mentioned this to housekeeping, she responded with an armload! The breakfast was excellent and well exceeded my expectations. This hotel is very conviently located as well, with a Walgreens within walking distance, with close access to restaurants and shopping, not to mention right in Disneys backyard. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate G: Thank you for deciding to stay with us and for your review! We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and happy to see they were more than accomodating. Please come back again soon!
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My daughter and I decided we were going to have a girls weekend so we drove 7 hours to orlando and stayed here from friday til monday. After driving we were tired and just ready to get out of the car and go do something. We were greeted by two very sweet men at the counter. Then proceeded to go to our room and to my surprise it was not bad at all. After reading some of the reviews before i booked it I was kinda worried but, just about everything else was booked due to the holiday weekend. The rooms were clean and of course usually the first thing i do is check the bathrooms to make sure clean and the beds. All was well. The housekeepers did a wonderful job of coming in and keeping things clean. It was close to disney parks and food and shops. If you want a complaint out of me the only thing i have is the heater had not been ran for a while so it smelled but, not really something they can help. WE HAD HOT WATER :) I read on here there was no hot water but, we had it the whole time. SO, if you are looking for a close place to disney, friendly atmosphere and not going to empty your pockets then stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear christina r: We would like you to know your comments are appreciated by our staff. They do a great job and work hard to make our guest experience a fantastic one. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this stay. Hotel staff was very friendly. The room was super clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was a decent price, not to mention delicious. Hotel offered a restaurant and lounge area with pool tables. An arcade for the kids, miniature golf, a playground, and outside tiki bar. I payed an excellent price and I will stay here again if I visit Kissimmee :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear kayre m: Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to see you had a great time with us! We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff and happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast buffet... Please come back again soon!
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel has the potential to be a decent place to stay for vacation, with just a few tweaks. First, they need to replace the beds. They are completely worn out. Second, they need to provide wifi in the rooms. We knew before we arrived that there was no wifi and when we complained the front desk staff waived the $10/day "resort fee." Third, add some soundproofing! We were awakened Saturday morning by the people in the next room screaming profanities at each other. On the other side, we could hear someone coughing and hacking all night. All in all, the rooms were clean and updated (except for the beds). I would recommend this place for one or two nights but definitely NOT for an extended vacation stay. Also, be prepared to deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic on this end of 192. Traffic was a nightmare all three days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a first-floor room (no elevators) in a building near the back. It's quieter there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Laura G: Thank you for your review. Your comments are important to us as we are always looking on ways to improve our guest experience. We apologize for any troubles with the wifi, beds, and noise... We are working very hard on getting wifi back to the guest rooms as soon as possible... We do have wifi in the main building currently. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Dorset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks ...On getting there we was given a room took look at it and the bathroom was full of mould and i needed to use the toilet and the seat was almost off.We went back and asked for another room. This one was full of tiny bug things.After we was in there for a few days we was told the boiler was brocken on this block and another one so we will have to move rooms again.Not good when we had been out all day this was the last thing we needed so we movd the next day .On moveing to room 3 we had no hot water i told them as we was going out again got back still no hot water.Went down again and there was load of people complaining.I told them again them saying we can do it know this being 10pm a man came up and said it was turned off.
Well the reason for it to be turned off was it had a drip that went all night.I then said to them again but to the day we left it wasnt done....I would say to anyone please dont go there it isvery run down and needs lots of work done to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Sharon T: Your comments are taken seriously and we thank you for your review. We certainly understand why you would be less than satisfied. We would like a chance to speak with you and make this right. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may have a chance to speak with you regarding your concerns. Thank you and we certainly hope you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Maingate Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!