“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

You added Maingate Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Maingate Lakeside Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #61 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Plant City, Florida
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel and I found it to be quite pleasent. I had read some pretty terrible reviews of this hotel and I have to admit I was apprehensive about staying here, but upon reaching the hotel I realized my fears were unfounded. The lobby was large and well lit and a supportive front desk staff available to assist guests. Our room was exactly what we asked for and quite comfortable and clean. My only complaint was there was not enough pillows, but when we mentioned this to housekeeping, she responded with an armload! The breakfast was excellent and well exceeded my expectations. This hotel is very conviently located as well, with a Walgreens within walking distance, with close access to restaurants and shopping, not to mention right in Disneys backyard. We were very pleased with our stay and look forward to staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Kate G: Thank you for deciding to stay with us and for your review! We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and happy to see they were more than accomodating. Please come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
panama city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My daughter and I decided we were going to have a girls weekend so we drove 7 hours to orlando and stayed here from friday til monday. After driving we were tired and just ready to get out of the car and go do something. We were greeted by two very sweet men at the counter. Then proceeded to go to our room and to my surprise it was not bad at all. After reading some of the reviews before i booked it I was kinda worried but, just about everything else was booked due to the holiday weekend. The rooms were clean and of course usually the first thing i do is check the bathrooms to make sure clean and the beds. All was well. The housekeepers did a wonderful job of coming in and keeping things clean. It was close to disney parks and food and shops. If you want a complaint out of me the only thing i have is the heater had not been ran for a while so it smelled but, not really something they can help. WE HAD HOT WATER :) I read on here there was no hot water but, we had it the whole time. SO, if you are looking for a close place to disney, friendly atmosphere and not going to empty your pockets then stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear christina r: We would like you to know your comments are appreciated by our staff. They do a great job and work hard to make our guest experience a fantastic one. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
fort lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this stay. Hotel staff was very friendly. The room was super clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was a decent price, not to mention delicious. Hotel offered a restaurant and lounge area with pool tables. An arcade for the kids, miniature golf, a playground, and outside tiki bar. I payed an excellent price and I will stay here again if I visit Kissimmee :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear kayre m: Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to see you had a great time with us! We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks regarding our staff and happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast buffet... Please come back again soon!
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel has the potential to be a decent place to stay for vacation, with just a few tweaks. First, they need to replace the beds. They are completely worn out. Second, they need to provide wifi in the rooms. We knew before we arrived that there was no wifi and when we complained the front desk staff waived the $10/day "resort fee." Third, add some soundproofing! We were awakened Saturday morning by the people in the next room screaming profanities at each other. On the other side, we could hear someone coughing and hacking all night. All in all, the rooms were clean and updated (except for the beds). I would recommend this place for one or two nights but definitely NOT for an extended vacation stay. Also, be prepared to deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic on this end of 192. Traffic was a nightmare all three days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a first-floor room (no elevators) in a building near the back. It's quieter there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Laura G: Thank you for your review. Your comments are important to us as we are always looking on ways to improve our guest experience. We apologize for any troubles with the wifi, beds, and noise... We are working very hard on getting wifi back to the guest rooms as soon as possible... We do have wifi in the main building currently. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Dorset
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks ...On getting there we was given a room took look at it and the bathroom was full of mould and i needed to use the toilet and the seat was almost off.We went back and asked for another room. This one was full of tiny bug things.After we was in there for a few days we was told the boiler was brocken on this block and another one so we will have to move rooms again.Not good when we had been out all day this was the last thing we needed so we movd the next day .On moveing to room 3 we had no hot water i told them as we was going out again got back still no hot water.Went down again and there was load of people complaining.I told them again them saying we can do it know this being 10pm a man came up and said it was turned off.
Well the reason for it to be turned off was it had a drip that went all night.I then said to them again but to the day we left it wasnt done....I would say to anyone please dont go there it isvery run down and needs lots of work done to it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Sharon T: Your comments are taken seriously and we thank you for your review. We certainly understand why you would be less than satisfied. We would like a chance to speak with you and make this right. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may have a chance to speak with you regarding your concerns. Thank you and we certainly hope you stay with us again in the future.
Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Now I'm not that hard to please because I myself work at a hotel (front desk rep) and I know how hard customers can be sometimes so I'll try to write an honest review.

One of the main reason why I chose this resort was because of its advertised flexible shuttle times. I don't know what time the shuttle left on my first day because I missed it completely by a few mins (which is entirely our fault) but on the second day, I was at their desiginated bus stop 30 mins early. Their shuttle scheduled departure was 12:20pm, shuttled arrived at 12:05pm and we were relieved to hop on the shuttle with the AC on. Next thing was kind of unexpected, the driver looks outside, sees no one else and just leaves with 5 passengers.. I kind of feel bad for those who came after 12:05pm, even if they made it before 12:20pm, they missed the shuttle. I also like to add that in the shuttle, their was a sign saying "No fees from the hotel has been added for the complimentary shuttle services, to Disney, Tip is expected for good service" and it even goes on to list what tips to give per passenger.

I tipped regardless of seeing that sign but it's still kind of ironic how in the RESORT FEE charged I recieved in this resort clearly states that it was for transportation, and etc.

In addition, this resort is the FIRST stop for shuttle pickup, so prepare to stop on several other resort/hotels on the way to Disney which can take a while...

Now about the stay, they had a nice size fridge, plenty of towels, the beds were comfy and the AC even had a heater option which was Awesome!

However, the hot water in the shower wouldn't work through the shower head but works fine when it comes out through the bath tub haha... I played with it and figured out that both of them had to be on for hot water to work?

I was so tired the first night after Disney I just got into the comfy bed and drifted to sleep... Halfway through the night, I noticed a weird smell in the room that awoken me and i found out it was coming from the mattress pads. It smelled like pet hair so I tossed that on the floor and continued to sleep haha..

Oh and the Wifi does not work in our rooms, I read some reviews about that but took our chances anyways... I called and was told the wifi only worked in the lobby at the moment so I asked if the had a computer at the lobby for the guest to use.. guess what they said? "25 cents a minute" What a joke..I took my laptop to the front desk and sat their as I overheard other rooms call in about the same wifi issue and the front desk agents lying blatantly to them that it just went down today and etc etc... After these agents who appeared so nice @ checkin, through the phone, and etc. They talked about the guests right after they hung up the phone even when several of us were their at the lobby using wifi. Awkward!

In conclusion, take your chances elsewhere....

Room Tip: Close to the lobby to "HOPEFULLY" get a wifi connection
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SMFL22: Thank you for your review. Your comments are very important to us and we can understand why you may be less than satisfied. You have raised some concerns in your email on some particular items that we would like to discuss with you. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may speak with you regarding your stay. We do hope you may decide to stay with us again in the future. Thank you!
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The resort is perfect for Disney. On arrival we had to wait 10 mins for someone to check us in. At first the room looked nice, but it was actually dirty. The maids were useless. They stayed in the room next to us for 2 hours watching tv. I bought anti bacterial wipes and cleaned the room myself. The worst experience was the shop staff,(the male). He was so rude, didnt say please or goodbye or anything, what a horror!! This hotel could be so nicer if more effort was put in, and the bedding washed. We stayed 8th Jan 2013-22nd Jan 2013.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear treyyyy: Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. There are some mentions in your review regarding staff that is concerning. Please contact the hotel and as for the Director of Operations so I may discuss your stay with you and make this right. Thank you and we hope you may give us a second chance in the future.

Been to Maingate Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!