“Not what it used to be.....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Maingate Lakeside Resort

Save Saved
You added Maingate Lakeside Resort to your Saves list
Maingate Lakeside Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7769 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“Not what it used to be.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place has really gone down the tubes. Used to be a good value for the price, but since it lost association with any of the chain names (I've been staying here every December since 1996 and we've seen it go from one chain to another) it's just plummeted. Front desk staff is horrible, rooms are so overdue for a makeover, not as clean as they used to be. SO DISAPPOINTING. The worse part, I posted on their facebook page about the issues I recently had, and it looks like they actually deleted it! It makes my family and I so sad. We really wanted this to be "our place" where we come for our one week every year....and finally after all these years we have to look for somewhere new to stay.

Do yourself a favor, and DO NOT STAY HERE. It's almost become embarrassing to say that I stayed here the past two years (all the years prior were actually ok). It's gross, dirty, rundown, and like I mentioned before, the staff are so horrible.

PS- The one thing I will defend are the restaurant and the bar staff. Even with all the brand changes, these guys have remained the same and really do an excellent job. The negative side, I think even they agree with us on the way this place has gone down hill. So disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! No matter what kind of room you request, they will not guarantee it and will mo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Dorrie T: Thank you for your review. We take your comments seriously and appreciate your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for any troubles you encountered during your stay with us. I would like the chance to speak with you regarding your stay. Please call the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations, so I may discuss your stay with you and make this right. We appreciate your business over the years and certainly hope you do plan to stay with us on your next visit to the Orlando area. Thank you and I look forward to making this right. All of us at the Maingate Lakeside Resort wish you and your family a happy new year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed 3 nights returned yesterday. Online info we printed & room info says free wifi in rooms but there is NO internet in rooms. Musty odor in room & thin walls-hearing babies crying & couples having relations. Grounds are beautiful but outside concrete hallways in need of repair.Room not bright as pictured- dark & gloomy. Clean but rooms not resort quality. Room decor- old-time holiday inn with open bathroom. Need to renovate guest rooms. Metal safe serves as a table.Cold feel. Requests met quickly but not the ambience we expected from online photos.

Room Tip: I don't know what I can say about this. I saw a bright room in the photos, and we entered a dark...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear sharonne M: Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We certainly take your comments seriously and can understand why you feel this way. We have a lot of exciting plans for the hotel and sincerely hope you may stay with us again in the future. I am happy to see your requests were met promptly by our staff. Thank you and please come again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I got the hotel from Priceline for 6 days stay from 12/19-12/25 2012. There were sever concerns about the hotel: 1) When I bid for the hotel, there was nothing mentioned the $10 each day hidden fees. However, I was told that I had to pay the fee when I checked in. The fee was called resort maintenance fee. 2) Although mentioned in the hotel website that it has free internet, be careful! They only have internet at the lobby, no internet at all in each room. Our room was in building 4 which is kind of far from lobby for us to enjoy the "free" internet. 3) There was no conditioner for shower, this is the first time to me. 4) the air condition sound is very loud, be ready. I had to turned it off at night. 5) The room smell is bad and the TV might be 20 years old.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear bbbdou: Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with the wifi as well as any issues with your room. We take your comments seriously and are making improvements daily. If there was any part of your stay not addressed to your satisfaction, please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may discuss your stay with you and make this right. Thank you and we do hope you may stay with us in the future!
Miami, Fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel was recently been bought from previous owners and it's new name is not very known. We were able to take advantage of this by paying under $40 a night on our November trip to Epcot. The room was average, but most importantly it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I even checked for bed buds because I was nervous about the price being so low and the mattress looked new, and was free of bugs. All room items worked fine, the only negative I had about the room was the light shower stream. The buffet was not amazing, but good. The fresh made omelettes were terrific! The hotel is only 15 min from Disney and Epcot, and they offer free shuttle to those parks at certain times of the day. Another bonus is free parking. I thought this was a REALLY great value for the price and would definitely stay there again. I recommended it to my in laws for their recent trip to Disney last week and they also really liked it, and loved the price.

Room Tip: My in laws stayed pool side and really enjoyed the view. I heard pool side would be noisy so we requ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear dormike: Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and take all guest comments/suggestions seriously. We take pride in our resort and our staff, and are happy we made your stay a nice one. Please come back an visit us again soon!
Hilton Head
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed for two nights. The room was clean and large. However, the heater keeped kicking on and off throughout the night. The second night, the heater did not work at all.

The outside of the buildings are deterioating. The sidewalks and hallways are cracked and stained. There is no inside corridor - all rooms face the parking lot. The room doors are heavy and loud when opened and closed. It feels slightly creepy after dark.

Want a mental picture of this place? Think Holiday Inn. Circa 1970.

No internet access in rooms. Only the lobby.

There is a pizza hut in the lobby. Nobody was there but I ate there and it was good. There is also a bar and people singing bad karoke.

The place has put put golf. Two or three pools.

There is a hidden resort fee. That puts the price at $50.00 or more for a single. I am now in a first class hotel off International Blvd which I bid on priceline and received for $47.00.

Most of the hotels in Kissimmee are in this same sort of catagory.

This is a two star hotel at best. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on International Blvd. Kissimmee is a dump.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear hhlocal: Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have encountered. The hotel does have a nightly resort fee as you mentioned... which covers the theme park shuttles, mini-golf, kids eat free program, in-room safe, and heated pool. We apologize if this was not clearly stated at time of booking as it is listed on all websites. I would be happy to discuss your stay further if you would like. You may call the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may be of further assistance in making this right. Thank you and we certainly hope you may decide to stay with us in the future.
Providenciales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

the location is great. I tooking the lynx bus for $2.00 to four corners walmart,my room was clean and quiet i sleep like a baby and the staff was very friendly i did not eat breakfast so i can help you with that i sleep now lunch at the deli the pizza, sandwiches and snacks was on the chain and dinner at hurricane sam bar & grill i had the chef's salad with grilled chicken i love the hot chocolate.the front desk staff was very nice.Sandy and Black at the disney desk i love my trip the red lobster is across the road and golden china is up the the road you can walk to restaurant in that location or take the bus

Room Tip: the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear AMM388: We certainly appreciate your kind remarks regarding our friendly staff! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your clean and quiet room as well as our deli / Pizza Hut Express and Hurricane Sam's Lounge! Please come back and stay with us again soon! Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday season from the staff at Maingate Lakeside Resort.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Location is great. It is near Orlando's attractions. I would say this is an average hotel with the basic requirements for people on the go. It has a pool and is very near a lake. I noticed however a lot of roaches on the deck area close to the lake. Management should do something because this destroys the ambience making One want to simply stay indoors.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear vpmadrigal1: We would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your comments are important to us. We would like to assure that we have routine pest control service by a well-known pest control company. As you mentioned, the hotel is situated next to a lake, we are in an excellent/convenient location and we actually have 3 pools throughout our property. Thank you and we certainly hope you return and stay with us again!

Been to Maingate Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!