This was an RCI exchange through our Hilton Grand Vacation Club points. We wanted to get some sun in before the Chicago winter set in. SLR was very proactive and communicated everything we needed to know before we arrived in both emails and a phone call.
All and all, it was a pleasant stay, uncrowded in early November and the staff was exceedingly pleasant and professional. The resort is nice, but we felt perhaps a notch below our home resort at Hilton Sea World. The one bedroom was spacious enough and the kitchen nice, and the bathroom had a nice whirlpool tub. There are three separate pools, all heated and spotlessly clean. About the deepest you can go is 4' in a couple of areas. Spa tub located by the main pool. We were in the 900 building and it was like having a large private pool. The grounds are decently landscaped, but no wow factor and there's not really a whole lot of walking paths or anything.
The negatives were that the kitchen is very basically stocked. You'd expect a grapefruit knife in the land of grapefruit, but no. The decor is nice enough but reminded us more of a Holiday Inn than a tropical getaway. We were on the third floor and the windows in the living area hadn't been washed since Ponce de Leon was looking for the Fountain of Youth. Since the screen was missing from the main window, I reached out (6' 4") and cleaned off half of it so it wasn't like looking out through opaque glass. There really isn't much of a view except palmetto and some palms and all, but it was okay. There is a busy road alongside the end of the 900 building and we had a fair amount of traffic noise.
The sink clogged up from at the disposal side and we called the front desk and someone was out immediately, apologized and fixed it. Bed was very comfortable, but the bed spread is like silicon on the bottom and tends to slip off. Not a problem when it's 85 though. HVAC was easy to moderate and worked well.
Free dvd rental and the small grocery store/deli was decently priced and you can get basics there. The site is minutes away from Disney World and Epcot and right off the freeway, so it's well located. There's a Publix, liquor store, Walgreens, and a gazillion restaurants nearby. We hit the Bahama Breeze which was really good and we're foodies. On that note, the Cuba Libre in Orlando was incredible!
I'd skip the free breakfast with the "tour" of the place. When I'd walk through in the morning, it didn't look like a high pressure pitch, but it didn't look like much of a breakfast, either. We were able to get Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure passes for less than the discounted price offered with the "tour." They asked once on check in and called the room once, but took no for an answer graciously.
Seemed very kid friendly and safe. Again, the staff was very helpful and courteous and we had a very nice stay. Pricing on everything seemed reasonable. Wi-fi in the rooms and a pc center in the activities area. All in all, we'd go back again.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Hotel
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando’s Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida’s premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire.*Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. ft. clubhouse.9,000 sq. ft. heated swimming pool.Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building.Satellite pool adjacent to main pool.Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks.Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children’s pool, outdoor BBQ grills.Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children’s play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court.*All Villas Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper.*Proposed Future Amenities:Full deli and convenience store.Sand volleyball court.Two additional tennis courts.50,000 gallon outdoor swimming pool.*Development Plan:When fully developed, Silver Lake Resort will consist of 632 designer-furnished vacation villas. One, two and three bedroom villas will be offered with square footage ranging between 735 and 1907. *Now Completed:292 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas72 three bedroom villasAwards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.