We used the RCI timeshare exchange program to book a week at the Silver Lake Resort for a week of Disney World. This was not our first choice of resorts, but was the only one available. After reading the reviews on this website, I was a bit concerned about our stay. I'm not sure about the other reviewers, but we had a great time!!!! Check-in was very easy. We checked in about an hour early and had to wait for our room. We took advantage of the time to wander around the resort. Once we had our keys, we moved our stuff into our room. We had a 2 bedroom and it was great.
We put the 2 girls in the second bedroom. Our 16 year old son claimed the couch and they were all happy that each bedroom and the living room had a TV. The only "issue" we had was that our building (1700) was without hot water. I called the front desk and they told us that it would take most of the day to replace the broken part. They offered to let us into a spare room to bathe.
Our building was right next to two pools and the arcade/activities center. It was also one of the few buildings to have adequate parking. Not that you can't find a place to park, but some of the other buildings have very limited parking right in front and you will be forced to park and walk (though it really isn't that far).
The best aspect of the hotel, though, was the proximity to Walt Disney World. The back gate of the resort leads to a road that runs into Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a very easy way to get in and out of Walt Disney World.
I would definitely recommend staying here!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando’s Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida’s premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire.*Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. ft. clubhouse.9,000 sq. ft. heated swimming pool.Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building.Satellite pool adjacent to main pool.Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks.Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children’s pool, outdoor BBQ grills.Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children’s play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court.*All Villas Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper.*Proposed Future Amenities:Full deli and convenience store.Sand volleyball court.Two additional tennis courts.50,000 gallon outdoor swimming pool.*Development Plan:When fully developed, Silver Lake Resort will consist of 632 designer-furnished vacation villas. One, two and three bedroom villas will be offered with square footage ranging between 735 and 1907. *Now Completed:292 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas72 three bedroom villasAwards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl