“Great Room and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Resort

You added Silver Lake Resort to your Saves list
Silver Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7751 Black Lake Rd., Hwy. 192 and Sherbeth Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Illinois
“Great Room and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

We used the RCI timeshare exchange program to book a week at the Silver Lake Resort for a week of Disney World. This was not our first choice of resorts, but was the only one available. After reading the reviews on this website, I was a bit concerned about our stay. I'm not sure about the other reviewers, but we had a great time!!!! Check-in was very easy. We checked in about an hour early and had to wait for our room. We took advantage of the time to wander around the resort. Once we had our keys, we moved our stuff into our room. We had a 2 bedroom and it was great.

We put the 2 girls in the second bedroom. Our 16 year old son claimed the couch and they were all happy that each bedroom and the living room had a TV. The only "issue" we had was that our building (1700) was without hot water. I called the front desk and they told us that it would take most of the day to replace the broken part. They offered to let us into a spare room to bathe.

Our building was right next to two pools and the arcade/activities center. It was also one of the few buildings to have adequate parking. Not that you can't find a place to park, but some of the other buildings have very limited parking right in front and you will be forced to park and walk (though it really isn't that far).

The best aspect of the hotel, though, was the proximity to Walt Disney World. The back gate of the resort leads to a road that runs into Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a very easy way to get in and out of Walt Disney World.

I would definitely recommend staying here!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My dad won the bid for a 1 week stay at a charity auction. We had a two bedroom lock out room 9108. The main living space was okay, however my parents said that their pillow top bed was very uncomfortable. Their room did have a funny smell not sure what it was but I did notice some black stains above the stacked washer/dryer which I suspect was mold. I also noticed it was around a vent in the hallway. My daughter and I stayed in the other room that had a very comfortable bed, bathroom, microwave, mini-fridge. The staff was very nice and helpful.
They gave you bath and body works products in bathrooms and coffee, etc. Air conditioning worked well. It was an okay place to stay nothing to exciting accept for the location to disney. They did have 2 big pools which were kept nice.

• Liked — Location to disney
  • Disliked — Smell in the main room.
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

My family and I just returned from a wonderful vacation in Orlando. We stayed at Silver Lake Resort for 8 days. We were very happy. Check in was a breeze. The staff were all very professional. We were in condo 10202A which has 2 bedrooms. Everything was nice and clean. Our bedroom faced the parking lot, but there was no outside noise from the other vacationers. The grounds were very well kept. Plenty of activities kept us busy and free from boredom when we were not at the parks. Disney is literally within 5 - 10 minutes from the resort and you are within 20 minutes from the airport. We found several malls and outlets less than 20 minutes away for the shoppers, and if you love the beach, a day trip to Cocoa Beach was only 1 hour and 15 minutes away. I have nothing but good things to report. My family of 4 will return.

Dee
Atascocita, Texas

• Liked — It was centrally located.
  • Disliked — None
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

Before going to the resort, I constantly read the reviews. I was very worried about what we were going to encounter when we arrived. When we arrived, before my family got out of the car, I went to preview the room to make sure everything was in order. I must say, the room was very nice. We had a 3 bedroom lock-off which was really roomy. It could fit up to 12 people easily. Every room was clean, including the bathrooms (which we had 3 of by the way!) The pool was great. In addition to the big pool located in the middle of the complex, there was also a smaller pool located by our building, builiding 10. The location to all of the attractions was unbeatable. We had no trouble with the staff. My family and I did purchase a timeshare while we were there, but felt no pressure to do so. The furniture is a little outdated, but it was clean. The bed was comfortable. There were flat screen TVs located in each linving room. The only con was the router for the TV in one room was not nailed all the way to the wall and fell from the wall. However, we notified the front desk and it was fixed promptly.

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. I don't know why other guests had so many bad things to say.

• Liked — Location, overall atmosphere
  • Disliked — N/A
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

I was a bit worried to stay here after reading all of the reviews but the resort is very nice. We stayed in the 1700 building and the rooms were great. They were fully stocked and had a washer and dryer which was very conveniant with kids. The location to the theme parks is great. The grounds of the resort and the pool area are very nice. They offered different activities throughout the week but we were to busy with other things to take advantage of them. We did take part in the $2 ice cream social and it was very nice.The only real complaints I had was with the girl who worked at the the pool bar. She was not very friendly and would spend most of her time on the phone . If you were not male then you had to scream at her for service. The other problem is that the playground was not much and they needed to have one closer to the pool area. All in all our stay was great and We would stay again.

• Liked — the location to the parks
  • Disliked — the pool staff
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

My wife and I stayed over the Easter long weekend in 2008. We booked through saveonresorts.com. The price for the weekend included a timeshare pitch that lasted 90 minutes. In exchange for listeninig, they provided us with 2 disney tickets.
The facility was nicely laid out, but dated. The pool area looked pleasant and clean. The room itself was clean. We had a problem one day with opening the door. The staff didn't seem to know what to do. It took several trips to the front desk and about a 15 minute wait for security and another 10 for maintenance to arrive and fix the problem. For some reason, the A/C in the hallway was at full blast and was really cold.
The rooms themselves are decent. Well worth it for a small family. They charge a fee if you use the kitchenette for cleaning but if you plan on saving money, again worth the charge.
It's located just off 192 near a McDonald's. It's Orlando, so don't expect to go out walking. But you are a short drive from all the tourist attractions and subsequent restaurants.
I woulnd't pay a lot to stay here. But for the right price, and if you don't mind a condo like vacation rental, its worth it.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

This property was not all what we were promised. The shower floor was absolutely hideous and filled with filth. We wore shower shoes the entire time we were there. The hot tub in our unit had mildew around the jets. I would NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!