We rented through RCI one week. We stayed from Mardh 8th through Marh 15th. There was 5 of us in a two bedroom condo newly renovated. The beds were super comfortable with a well sleeping pull out in the living room. The bathrooms newly were renovated as well. The kitchen was a bit small but had everything you ever needed to cook nice meals. The staff at check in was very friendly and helpful. We asked not to be bothered with sales people calling about timeshares and we never got one phone call. We stayed in building 800 on the 2nd floor. Building 800 was directly accross from a small heated pool, great for early March.
1. Two enterences to the resort helped avoid traffic nighmares.
2. The resort is very close to everything.
3. Staff is very friendly and helpful
4. The Condo was newly renovated and very clean. Plenty of towels in the room and new washer and dryer in room.
5. Small store, game room for kids on property. Also has a movie theater on property- we did not use so can not comment.
6. Nice little bar and grill set up by the pool with live entertainment - made for a fun evening.
I could go on and on
Just a few cons:
1. The walls are thin. When you walk down the hall to your room you can hear into the other rooms - but when inside your condo, you CAN NOT hear what is going on in the hall or room next door unless you are close to the condo enterence door. So not too bad of a negitive.
2. There never seemed to be enough pool towels by the pool (small pool by building 800). Everytime we went to the pool we had to wait - sometimes for hours to get a towel. So several days into our stay, to fix that problem, when we finally did get towels we just took them to our room and kept them for the duration of our stay. We did mention this at the front desk and they were super nice to tell us they would pass our concerns on to menagement.
3. There was no Hot Tub at the building 800 pool so one night we decided to go to the larger main pool and hang out in the Hot Tub. It was about 8:30 and the Hot Tub was filled with little kids. No room for other adults to get in. The kids stayed in there an never got out so others (Adults) could get in. We made several attempt to use the Hot Tub but never got the chance due to parents allowing their children full run of the hot tub. My suggestion is to limit the access to The Hot Tub for kids after dark or something like that.
4. You have to pay for WiFi - not cool!
Lastly, and this is just a small observation about the grounds. Most resorts I've stayed in were pleasing to the eye. Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere makes for a great evenign walk. This resort did nto have the nicely planted grounds I had expected. Evening walks were ok, not anything special. All you really had to look at during your evening walks around the resort was parked cars and oplain buildings. Nothing really special. I was just a little disipointed thats all. Over all it's a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando’s Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida’s premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire.*Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. ft. clubhouse.9,000 sq. ft. heated swimming pool.Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building.Satellite pool adjacent to main pool.Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks.Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children’s pool, outdoor BBQ grills.Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children’s play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court.*All Villas Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper.*Proposed Future Amenities:Full deli and convenience store.Sand volleyball court.Two additional tennis courts.50,000 gallon outdoor swimming pool.*Development Plan:When fully developed, Silver Lake Resort will consist of 632 designer-furnished vacation villas. One, two and three bedroom villas will be offered with square footage ranging between 735 and 1907. *Now Completed:292 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas72 three bedroom villasAwards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl