“Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Save Saved
You added Silver Lake Resort to your Saves list
Silver Lake Resort
7751 Black Lake Rd., Hwy. 192 and Sherbeth Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #18 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
gainesville
“Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We rented through RCI one week. We stayed from Mardh 8th through Marh 15th. There was 5 of us in a two bedroom condo newly renovated. The beds were super comfortable with a well sleeping pull out in the living room. The bathrooms newly were renovated as well. The kitchen was a bit small but had everything you ever needed to cook nice meals. The staff at check in was very friendly and helpful. We asked not to be bothered with sales people calling about timeshares and we never got one phone call. We stayed in building 800 on the 2nd floor. Building 800 was directly accross from a small heated pool, great for early March.

The Pros:
1. Two enterences to the resort helped avoid traffic nighmares.
2. The resort is very close to everything.
3. Staff is very friendly and helpful
4. The Condo was newly renovated and very clean. Plenty of towels in the room and new washer and dryer in room.
5. Small store, game room for kids on property. Also has a movie theater on property- we did not use so can not comment.
6. Nice little bar and grill set up by the pool with live entertainment - made for a fun evening.

I could go on and on
Just a few cons:
1. The walls are thin. When you walk down the hall to your room you can hear into the other rooms - but when inside your condo, you CAN NOT hear what is going on in the hall or room next door unless you are close to the condo enterence door. So not too bad of a negitive.

2. There never seemed to be enough pool towels by the pool (small pool by building 800). Everytime we went to the pool we had to wait - sometimes for hours to get a towel. So several days into our stay, to fix that problem, when we finally did get towels we just took them to our room and kept them for the duration of our stay. We did mention this at the front desk and they were super nice to tell us they would pass our concerns on to menagement.

3. There was no Hot Tub at the building 800 pool so one night we decided to go to the larger main pool and hang out in the Hot Tub. It was about 8:30 and the Hot Tub was filled with little kids. No room for other adults to get in. The kids stayed in there an never got out so others (Adults) could get in. We made several attempt to use the Hot Tub but never got the chance due to parents allowing their children full run of the hot tub. My suggestion is to limit the access to The Hot Tub for kids after dark or something like that.

4. You have to pay for WiFi - not cool!

Lastly, and this is just a small observation about the grounds. Most resorts I've stayed in were pleasing to the eye. Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere makes for a great evenign walk. This resort did nto have the nicely planted grounds I had expected. Evening walks were ok, not anything special. All you really had to look at during your evening walks around the resort was parked cars and oplain buildings. Nothing really special. I was just a little disipointed thats all. Over all it's a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated rooms when booking room. I heard some people were not too happy about their...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Streamwood, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We checked in on Monday and will leave on Friday.......everyone here is WONDERFUL!
The staff is professional, polite, friendly, helpful, nice and FUN!
Our accommodations are first class.....clean....and everything works.
One of the nicest places we've stayed in the RCI family of timeshares....and we've been owners since 1987.

Room Tip: we're in building 1000....close to everything.......
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this resort in February and I was very pleased overall! We got a super rate through the Armed Forces Vacation Club and I thought it was an awesome value. The only hiccup we had was check in. We arrived early about 1 pm and were told our room was being cleaned and would be ready soon. Well soon ended up meaning 4:30 or so. But the condo itself was very nice! We had a two bedroom remodeled one overlooking a pond. Granite counters, tile floors throughout, and a good assortment of kitchen essentials. The condo had a stackable washer dryer which was perfect as I have 2 little kids who are very messy!

The main pool area was beautiful! Tons of lounge chairs and the pools were heated which we definitely needed in February! We played bingo by the pool one day my 4 year old enjoyed himself a lot. There was also a snack stand bar which had good but pricey drinks.

Location was excellent. The resort is right behind Animal Kingdom off of a major road so there were plenty of restaurants and groceries nearby. It took us about 15 minutes to the magic kingdom parking lot and twenty five minutes to Sea World.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked through RCI for a weeks stay for 4 people. The rooms were supposed to be brand new but they were merely "renovated". When I questioned getting a new room the lady at the front desk immediately gave me attitude like I was doing something wrong and was 100% unhelpful. When I got to the room it only had one full bed and a crappy, low end pull-out couch. The furniture was completely worn like it was purchased at a thrift store. The tv was smaller than the microwave, hung from the ceiling 20 feet away and such poor resolution that I could barely see it. I turned the faucet on and got squirted with water because it was broken and they had to send someone up to put in a whole new one. After traveling 13 hours the last thing I wanted to do was watch a guy sit in our room for an hour fixing the sink. They refused to let us switch rooms without paying a $32 fee for housekeeping because we had already disturbed the room. A few hours later I find a cockroach on the wall. I call again and all they tell me is they'll send someone to check there aren't more and refused still to give me a new room. Then as I'm getting ready to go to bed I notice I can hear every word from the room next to us because the walls were so thin. By far the most disgusting place I've ever stayed at with the most disgusting service I've ever experienced. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed March 2013
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in block 17 in a 2bedroom unit in February. It had not been updated but was spotlessly clean with plenty of facilities and we had no complaints at all. We had previously asked the resort for a unit near the pool and this was granted. The reception staff were very helpful. We didn't have a car but walking to nearby restaurants was no problem at all. We had a choice of at least 15 and would highly recommend the red lobster. We got a taxi to magic kingdom and animal kingdom as we wanted to go earlier than the shuttle and for 3 people was cheaper. We came back on the local bus - you had to change at celebration drive but it was only 2 dollars each. The bus drivers and fellow passengers were so helpful. I have stayed in lots of timeshare units in this area and would certainly return. A lot of reviews complain about wifi. I had a problem on the last couple of days in reception but they gave me a password for free so that I could use it in the room and it was fine.

Room Tip: If you haven't a car blocks 17 and 18 are good for reception and the main pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This tops my list of where NOT to vacation next time.
The good- very close to Animal Kingdom, nice large pools & jacuzzi, lots of on-site amenities.
The bad- half the amenities were closed &/or broken. Golf simulator had been out of service for months with no plan to repair or replace it, according to staff. The wi-fi is only accessible from the lobby. The 'office' with computers & printers had no working printer- just paper signs taped to them saying "out of order"; the front desk gave me an email address to send my paperwork to, and said they would print it for me - they gave me the wrong email address, necessitating multiple trips to the lobby before getting the correct address (they wrote the email address down for me so it was not a case of me mis-understanding). The only food available is processed junk food- nothing in the way of real, whole foods.
Most of the nearby restaurants advertise delivery, take-out, and hours of operation- though 6 different restaurants we tried refused delivery, take-out, and had shorter hours than advertised. The nearest 5-6 'grocery stores' had NO meat (unless you count beef jerky), no fresh vegetables, and were not much better than a 7-11 store.
When I went to the desk for purchasing Theme park tickets and asked about some of the options, the desk worker waived his hand in the direction of the brochure wall & said 'it's all over there', then left the desk to go talk with a co-worker, leaving me standing there.
When out by the one positive amenity (the pool) , one is subjected to blaring music so loud it is difficult to carry on a conversation- not to mention the fact that one is subjected to someone else's choice in music. The music never stopped, but blared incessantly whenever the pool was open. The views from our balcony were of a parking lot and an abandoned construction site, overgrown with weeds.
The 2 bedroom unit we were in was a nice size, pretty clean, slept 6 (with a hide-a-bed) but only had 4 serving pieces of dishes and cutlery, so we had to eat in shifts, washing dishes in the middle of every 'meal'.
Furniture and linens were ok, though need more maintenance. The window treatments were noticeably sagging in the middle of each window.
They advertised that linens would be changed once in mid-week. This consisted of them picking up our used towels, and leaving a pile of replacement towels on the dining table. Couldn't even be bothered to separate them and put some in each bathroom, much less actually hang them up.
I realize this is not a 4-star hotel, but I've had better experiences at small motels in most of the 3rd world countries I've visited!
I heartily recommend finding some other accommodations unless all you want to do is lay by the pool , listening to their music, while eating Cheetos, beef jerkey, and beer.

• Stayed February 2013
Wayne, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a week back in October. Overall the resort is pretty nice. Room was updated and had everything you would need for a family stay in Florida. Only issue we encountered during our stay was access to the internet in the room. They do charge you for this service but we were unable to stay connected to the internet. After contacting the front desk serveral times we were able to get a refund on a service they could not provide very well. We also needed a new iron and it took them about 45 minutes to get us one but they did show up with a new one. I've stayed in serveral other resorts over my years of traveling and this is one of the first places I've seen where you had to sign out your pool towels. They then issue you a card for the pool towels and if you don't return your towels you'll be charged for the missing towels. Almost all places I've stayed has always had towels right next to the pool. Just find this to be a pain to have to go to the acitivies center to get towels then walk all the way back to the pool. Overall the property was fine and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!