“Staff good room not so” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Silver Lake Resort to your Saves list
Silver Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7751 Black Lake Rd., Hwy. 192 and Sherbeth Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 60%
Ranked #16 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
michigan
“Staff good room not so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We are currently at this resort through an RCI exchange. I had requested an updated room. After looking at the pictures I thought this would be a great place. They put us in an older 1 bedroom with a View of the parking lot. The room is very dated ceiling to wall mirrors from the 70's. fairly clean but not what we're used too called the from desk upon checking and requested another room and was told none available. I would have been happier at a hotel. They asked us to rate them 5 star but so far a 2 our room number 1846g

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at this resort from September 27th – October 4th, 2012. We had purchased an RCI week certificate for $168.00 so the place was amazing especially for the price. The normal check-in days are Friday, but they accommodated us without any extra charge. I had requested an upper floor room with a pool view and that’s exactly what we received. We found the room to be very clean and spacious. The bedroom was spacious and the king size bed was really comfortable. The screened in deck was great to sit on in the evenings, with no bugs. We found the resort to be very clean and the staff are very friendly. We did have an issue with our air conditioning and smoke alarm one day but within 15 minutes a repairman was there to fix both. The resort is within a quick drive to many grocery stores and restaurants which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Stayed in Building 1000 - which was great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This resort is crowded and noisy. They will push you hard to buy a unit. Learn from my mistake. They lied to me and convinced me I was getting a week in March in a 3 bedroom unit. I paid more than 16k. After it was too late to cancel it, I discovered in the fine print that what I actually bought was 3 nonconsecutive days in a 3 bdrm unit in November. I get 44280 points per year that will basically get you a hotel type room in the run down buildings for a week. For this, I have to pay $400/year fees+$150 cleaning for each stay+if you join RCI is now $200/Year+$149 fee per rental. The annual fees have been going up by $50/year every year so far. So for this unit that I already paid 16k for, I have to pay $550 for a hotel type room for a week( I quit RCI to avoid the extra $350 per year) I can rent a 4 bdrm HOUSE in the Disney area for $1000/week. I will never go back to this rip off resort. My property is worthless since I could not sell it for $1 nor will a charity take it as a donation. I'm still trying to find someone dumb enough to take it off my hands for FREE just take over the annual fees.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed 9-29-12 overnight in the 1000 building for Halloween Horror Nights. The balcony is spacious and all ammentities are nice-esp. the pool:) Would definately stay again but only in the newer remodeled rooms.

Room Tip: Newer remodled rooms-1000 building with balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for one week with our nine month old baby in September, 2012. We stayed in the 900 building after requesting an updated room. When we first entered our room, we found ourselves to be too close to the roads (too loud!) and immediately asked to be moved. They immediately obliged, and we were moved down the hall, to a much quieter section of the 900 building. We found the room to be very clean and spacious. The kitchen had everything we needed, albeit the appliances were pretty dated. The bedroom was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very big and our tub was wonderful. Washer/dryer wasn't in the greatest shape but it worked well enough. The grounds and buildings weren't fancy, but they were very well maintained, and the housekeeping, security and maintenance staff that we encountered were consistently, and above and beyond, friendly. The pools were large and clean, and not very busy, though some sort of insect seemed to take over one day. The resort is located very close to Disney and is within a short drive to outlet malls. We were glad to be so close to a Super Target, as the nearby restaurants (though many) weren't so great. Overall, we were extremely happy with our choice, and would stay here again.

Decatur, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've been to this resort two times both stays have been very nice. The rooms were clean and the amenities were also very accommodating. It's true though about the theatre, movies need to be more user friendly. I liked the music by the pool. The staff were friendly and helpful to our needs. I will definitely be back. Its proximity to local attractions was very nice also.
The one thing this resort could use is an onsite restaurant.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Randolph, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in August of this year. Silver lakes, like most resorts in Florida, treats you by class. Either they gave you the really nice room, the average room, or the horrible room. When I bought my week from RCI, they gave me the option of a Hotel unit, 1 Bedroom, partial kitchen, or 1 Bedroom with full kitchen. When I got to the resort, they put me in the hotel building (800 and 900 buildings) into a L shaped unit with partial kitchen. The reason I bought the large kitchen was because we are new partents and are trying to get used to traveling with a 3 year old. In the past, we stayed in hotels with no problems. They blamed RCI for the room. I called RCI, and they blamed the resort. The resort showed my the list to prove RCI made the error. Then the resort told me this happens all the time and there was nothing they cannot do and was very apologetic. That seemed genuine until they said there was something they can do for an extra $35 per day, they will move me to the 1 Bedroom with the full kitchen. I already paid extra for the 1 bedroom when I bought it. Why would I do it again? There is nothing less geniuine than that. In law classes I've come to learn that this is called a decpetive pratice. We saw the 1 bedroom next door and felt so decieved. After a few calls to RCI, they explained it is sometimes hard to know what the rooms actually are like. If the resort tells them it is a certain way, they accept it in good faith, until they get calls like this from me. That seemed to be the best answer I ever got. I took pictures to prove it.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The living room area was nice and updated. The cleaning people do not clean well though... food, toys, and other things was logged in places. We saw a cockroach amoung other bugs. My wife had to kill them. I took pictures of this too. The grounds were well maintained. The pool area was very nice. The water was cloudy though. Water got better halfway through, I assumed it was maintained at that point. The pool bar was nice. The bartender was very nice. The activities girls were nice. Disney was only minutes away.

Bottomline: Pay the extra money to get better quality room and space here and you will like it. I mean that geniuinely. Then you will fair better. This is not a 5 Star place. MGM, Bellagio, Actual Disney Marriot, Wyndham, Hilton, and Hyatts have 5 Star amenities. This a 3 Star location. Think: Best Western.

Room Tip: Bottomline: Pay the extra money to get better quality room and space here and you will like it. I m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!