“WHO GAVE THIS A 5 STAR RATING??” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Resort

You added Silver Lake Resort to your Saves list
Silver Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7751 Black Lake Rd., Hwy. 192 and Sherbeth Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #18 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Clearwater, Florida
“WHO GAVE THIS A 5 STAR RATING??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This by far not a a 5 star resort, we just returned after a weeks planned stay and my what an eye opener. Most of the staff was kind but the the "front desk supervisor" needs to read the book" How to win friends and influlence people" she is not customer orientated. Bring your
cash as everything you do besides swim cost you. WiFi is $26.75 for a week. what a joke that is standard at most any place. We had to have our keys changed 4 times and then they actually had to come and take electronic door mecanism off and take one off another door in our building, Now that is not the half of it, day later out of 4 keys only 2 workd and there were 4 of us. We are allowed by ARMED FORCES VACATION CLUB to only go to this resort 1 in 4 years, well, they won't have to worry about us, as we would never go back. It is a dump stoves 20 or more years old right handed kitchen with left handed refrigerator. Wow that is convinent lol

My suggest to all owners and management to get that place up to date or close the doors. Also trainting of staff and WiFi should be included. You are behind the times in all aspects. PS: no towels at the smaller pool , I asked why and theysaid no one uses it well there were lots of folks there and and none of us had towels until I called and called and finally on Wed. we got towels we arrived the previous Fri and finally towels on Wednsday.

Room Tip: Don't Go Save Your Money. pick another resort many close by and nicer
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Flint, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I went with mixed expectations after reading the reviews. I would suggest asking at check in if you are being placed in an updated room. I made the mistake of not asking and I was placed in an old room which is badly in need of updating. The room was pretty clean. I like clean corners...that wasn't the case here. The furface looked clean, but when I put on my white socks YIKES, they were really dirty. Friendly staff at check in. The bed was very hard and that's coming from someone who likes hard beds. It also listed on one side making it difficult to sleep. I stayed there to evaluate it and consider becoming an owner. After being placed in the unit I was, I quickly decided it wasn't for me. I did get a special price for my package because of the possibility of ownership. I checked the "real" price if I had booked myself and I can say I would NEVER pay that price to stay there. The jetted tub worked, but would not shut off. I had to turn it off at the breaker panel. I called and reported it, but they never repaired it while I was there. The pool area is beautiful. It could use some larger coverage from the sun. The small umbrellas shade some sun, but there's no place to get full cover. The exercise room is very nice. Good location and close to everything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this resort when we went to Disney because of all the activities reported in the other reviews. I even called the resort before booking because our plan was to only go to the parks for a day or two and have the kids stay occupied at the resort the rest of the time. I was told there were activities and movies all day and the bulk of the activities are free. Well, this is not the case. The activities don;t start until 11am and there are 4-5 a day, they do not run consistently and more that 1/2 of them you need to pay for. Also, many of the activities do not run if it rains. The movie theater shows 2 movies a day, one at 5 and one at 7. That does not help with rainy days. The mattresses are awful, the tabletops scratched and the units a little worn. Maybe we were in an older unit, but when I asked, I was told these terrible beds are in the new units as well. The staff is amazing, very friendly and very helpful. When our key did not work 3 consecutive times someone finally came back with me to the room and needed to reprogram the lock. The management is not so helpful, they are not very receptive to guest inquiries/complaints. We squooshed into a one bedroom unit as compared to trading into a 2 bedroom in another property because of the activities promised. We even paid extra for the second bedroom. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family stayed here while on vacation to Orlando. It is one of the closest resorts to the Animal Kingdom park which makes it close to the rest of the Disney parks. We stayed in building 1000, with two king bedroom lock off. The kitchen was small but it had every thing we needed: oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, the lockoff side had a mini fridge & micro,too. Main bathroom was decent sized, although the shower was rather small, could not bend over without bumping sides. Washer and dryer in the bathroom was a big plus. Very clean inside and towel swap on Tuseday was terrific. Flat screen tv in the living room and master bedroom, CRT in the lock off bedroom. If you need WIFI in your room you have to pay. I would recomend purchasing an activitity card that gives you two device hook ups and doorstep newspaper delivery and other benis for about $26. Ample sized living room which was nice when Isaac brushed by us. Kids loved the gameroom, and pools, never made it to the movie theater or exercise equipment. They have a decent DVD library that we used when we were confined during the hurricane. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, Target, Publix, pharmacies.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area. Live music at night could cause problems for people who go to bed earl...
Glenmont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our family stayed here while on vacation in Disney. This resort is very close to all the Disney properties. It has everything to offer that a resort should. It has plenty of pools, a cabana type bar at the main pool, activities, playground, basketball court, tennis court, fitness center, movie theater and game room. There is plenty to do. It is located near a busy street with restaurants, stores, etc, but not so close that it is noisy. The staff was nice and usually accommodated any request we had. However, we asked to have a wasp mud nest over the back door be removed and it never was. I'm sure if we had called again, it would have been taken care of because other needs were taken care of during our stay, but I wanted to mention it. They are busy, and you do see the cleaning, building and grounds folks around all the time. Our condo was plenty large for our five member family. It had a master bedroom with a master bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. There was another bedroom with two double beds and even a couch bed in the living room. There was another full bath with tub/shower. The living room and kitchen were plenty big as well. There was even a washer/dryer available in the unit. There were two large, flat screen TVS in the living room and main bedroom and a smaller flat screen TV in the second bedroom. It was super clean and looked like it had been recently remodeled. The only negative we could find (and we really didn't consider this a negative) was a few larger bugs which we had seen during our stay. We are not from the South and do not visit the south often, but most people we talk with who are southerners tend to all admit that the large bugs are common in the south. "Your place can be as clean as a hospital operating room, and you still might see a roach" was a quote from a few of our southern friends. We had the maintenance folks spray for us and we didn't see anymore during our stay. Overall, we had a good experience at this resort.

Room Tip: If you get a room overlooking the main pool, it can be noisy until late. The pool is open until aro...
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at Silver Lake. Resort Aug 24to Aug 30th. We stayed in building 1000, 2bedroom lock off. It had 2 king beds, with the best mattresses ever, like the Hilton Serenity Beds! 2flat screened TV's very poor quality! Kitchen was very small, 1person kitchen.the pools were very nice, didn't use much,closed them due to hurricane Isaac! Everyone was very friendly! Would stay again

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently visited Disneyworld and picked out this resort since it was so close to all the parks and Disney downtown. The condo was great and modern, clean and very up to date. But during our whole week there we experienced many not so service-minded staff-members, compare to many other hotels ans resorts we have stayed at in the Disney-area. Otherwise it was an average stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!