I bought a 3 bedroom lockout for a steal 6 months ago and last week was the first time my family and I visited our actual property. I will be as honest as possible as I am an owner, proud at that. I will do the PROS and CONS.
Location - First of all, the location is absolutely spectacular. I am not just talking about Disney but the fact that you are in the heart of everything from supermarkets, convemience stores, gift shops,, Super Target, Chain and non chain restaurants,..all literally across the street and right off highway 192. One of my luggage pieces ripped and we literally jumped in the car and drove 2 minutes to target. Also as you may or may not know, the location of the parks is tremendous and that is literally the biggest advantage you have staying at Silver lake. I am familiar with some oif the other igh rated timeshares and Silver Lake stands out. This is one major advantage Silver Lake has over resorts such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek and even so over the Sheraton Lake Buena Vistas.
Rooms - If you are looking for a three bedroon lockout, Silver Lake has them and they are nice, some other resorts do not such as the condo resorts. I saw th 2 bedrooms as well and they are very nice, especially in the 300-600 buildings
Peaceful - If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing get away and do not care much for loud music, festive pool activities, big crowds,...Then Silver Lake is the place for you. Now this can be viewed as a PRO or CON as some folks may enjoy the festive activities and more of a live atmosphere.
Customer Service- I thought the customer service was pretty good. We never had to call twices for anything and unlike many resorts, they actually answer the phone without having to walk all the way to the front desk...very accommodating. Front desk folks were pretty nice
Security - Very good and not psycho like some places. They are reasonable and will let you through without fighting them if your guest forgets their parking pass.
Timeshare presentation - Very bearable and was not bad at all, got out in 90 minutes and only had to say NO a few times. My guests did a timeshare at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vistana resort and the sales rep literally would not let them leave as he was super aggressive and unprofessional.
CONS - I believe as an owner, they need to do a little better job with some of their amentities on their grounds. Silver lake is a small resort with not many amentities on their grounds so in my opinion, things need to sparkle and be put together well. For example, they have only two basketball rims and one was missing a net. The tenis court looks like it could use some polishing.
Grounds - I was not too overly impressed with their grounds. They have two basketball rims as mentioned above however they are on their only tennis court. So if someone is renting the tennis court out, you can not play basketball since they share the same court. Also, the business center only has two computers and they are occupied most of the time. Their are only 3 pools, one small whirl pool and a small baby pool. Their activities are OK, not very festive, music is dull, only one tennis court, two basketball rims, playground is exceptionally small, same as market gift shop,...
Housekeeping - They are very stingy on towels, they claim they give you enough for your guests at check in and you get more when they do thir mid week cleaning. I had to beg for extra towels a few days before our mid week housekeeping which they were fine with. Also, when they did their mid week housekeeping, they did not change our sheets. When my wife called and asked why they did not, they said that "you have to ask for it". This seems sort of silly as it should be normal practice to change sheets when housekeeping. I mean it does seem pretty filthy for them to expect you to sleep with the same sheets for the whole week.
Cabana Bar and Grill - was average and i also noticed they are pretty stingy on their portions but overall good service.
I hope this review helps as i did my best to be non biased and honest. My bro in law owns at Sheraton Lake Buena Vistana and we were back and forth between the two during our week. If you are looking for a more festive atmosphere with a TON of grounds which are VERY impressive, then Sheraton is your place. Very fetsive, respected, lots of activities, good location,...
If you are looking for a nice, relaxing vacation and not worried about the grounds and amentities, then Silver Lake is the place. If ou are contempt with a few nice pools to relax, average amentities and ground with a superb location, then you are OK. I bought here because it was an absolute steal which i got pretty lucky as i stated plus I need and prefer a 3 bedroom lockout which Lake HSeraton Buena Vistana does not have.
if you have any further questions or looking to buy a property at Silver lake for a tremendous price, you can email me at email@example.com. I have a fantastic 3 bedroom lockout for sale. Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando’s Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida’s premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire.*Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. ft. clubhouse.9,000 sq. ft. heated swimming pool.Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building.Satellite pool adjacent to main pool.Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks.Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children’s pool, outdoor BBQ grills.Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children’s play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court.*All Villas Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper.*Proposed Future Amenities:Full deli and convenience store.Sand volleyball court.Two additional tennis courts.50,000 gallon outdoor swimming pool.*Development Plan:When fully developed, Silver Lake Resort will consist of 632 designer-furnished vacation villas. One, two and three bedroom villas will be offered with square footage ranging between 735 and 1907. *Now Completed:292 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas72 three bedroom villasAwards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee Fl