“Honest Review by a First Time Owner” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Lake Resort

You added Silver Lake Resort to your Saves list
Silver Lake Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7751 Black Lake Rd., Hwy. 192 and Sherbeth Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Novi, MI
“Honest Review by a First Time Owner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I bought a 3 bedroom lockout for a steal 6 months ago and last week was the first time my family and I visited our actual property. I will be as honest as possible as I am an owner, proud at that. I will do the PROS and CONS.

PROS -

Location - First of all, the location is absolutely spectacular. I am not just talking about Disney but the fact that you are in the heart of everything from supermarkets, convemience stores, gift shops,, Super Target, Chain and non chain restaurants,..all literally across the street and right off highway 192. One of my luggage pieces ripped and we literally jumped in the car and drove 2 minutes to target. Also as you may or may not know, the location of the parks is tremendous and that is literally the biggest advantage you have staying at Silver lake. I am familiar with some oif the other igh rated timeshares and Silver Lake stands out. This is one major advantage Silver Lake has over resorts such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek and even so over the Sheraton Lake Buena Vistas.

Rooms - If you are looking for a three bedroon lockout, Silver Lake has them and they are nice, some other resorts do not such as the condo resorts. I saw th 2 bedrooms as well and they are very nice, especially in the 300-600 buildings

Peaceful - If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing get away and do not care much for loud music, festive pool activities, big crowds,...Then Silver Lake is the place for you. Now this can be viewed as a PRO or CON as some folks may enjoy the festive activities and more of a live atmosphere.

Customer Service- I thought the customer service was pretty good. We never had to call twices for anything and unlike many resorts, they actually answer the phone without having to walk all the way to the front desk...very accommodating. Front desk folks were pretty nice

Security - Very good and not psycho like some places. They are reasonable and will let you through without fighting them if your guest forgets their parking pass.

Timeshare presentation - Very bearable and was not bad at all, got out in 90 minutes and only had to say NO a few times. My guests did a timeshare at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vistana resort and the sales rep literally would not let them leave as he was super aggressive and unprofessional.

CONS - I believe as an owner, they need to do a little better job with some of their amentities on their grounds. Silver lake is a small resort with not many amentities on their grounds so in my opinion, things need to sparkle and be put together well. For example, they have only two basketball rims and one was missing a net. The tenis court looks like it could use some polishing.

Grounds - I was not too overly impressed with their grounds. They have two basketball rims as mentioned above however they are on their only tennis court. So if someone is renting the tennis court out, you can not play basketball since they share the same court. Also, the business center only has two computers and they are occupied most of the time. Their are only 3 pools, one small whirl pool and a small baby pool. Their activities are OK, not very festive, music is dull, only one tennis court, two basketball rims, playground is exceptionally small, same as market gift shop,...

Housekeeping - They are very stingy on towels, they claim they give you enough for your guests at check in and you get more when they do thir mid week cleaning. I had to beg for extra towels a few days before our mid week housekeeping which they were fine with. Also, when they did their mid week housekeeping, they did not change our sheets. When my wife called and asked why they did not, they said that "you have to ask for it". This seems sort of silly as it should be normal practice to change sheets when housekeeping. I mean it does seem pretty filthy for them to expect you to sleep with the same sheets for the whole week.

Cabana Bar and Grill - was average and i also noticed they are pretty stingy on their portions but overall good service.

I hope this review helps as i did my best to be non biased and honest. My bro in law owns at Sheraton Lake Buena Vistana and we were back and forth between the two during our week. If you are looking for a more festive atmosphere with a TON of grounds which are VERY impressive, then Sheraton is your place. Very fetsive, respected, lots of activities, good location,...

If you are looking for a nice, relaxing vacation and not worried about the grounds and amentities, then Silver Lake is the place. If ou are contempt with a few nice pools to relax, average amentities and ground with a superb location, then you are OK. I bought here because it was an absolute steal which i got pretty lucky as i stated plus I need and prefer a 3 bedroom lockout which Lake HSeraton Buena Vistana does not have.

if you have any further questions or looking to buy a property at Silver lake for a tremendous price, you can email me at shamama75@aol.com. I have a fantastic 3 bedroom lockout for sale. Enjoy!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I get to rent Time Shares through Armed Forces Vacation Club.We have been doing this for the last 6yrs. Up until this rental we have always been very happy.
We requested a 1 bedroom which is what we got.However , my living room at home is larger than the condo. The bedroom had a tiny dresser with 4 small drawers and a huge T.V on top so there was no place to place anything on top. The bed had a mattress that sank when you got in, a tiny closet with a safe that did not work even after someone came to fix it. To walk between the bed and dresser you had to walk sideways.Washer worked fine, dryer took over an hour to dry a medium size load of light clothes. There was no dishwasher and the sink was so small 2plates and 2 cups was all you could wash at once.We will NOT stay there again nor recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

This is a great resort just outside Disney. Close to all attractions but away from the maddening crowds. Friendly staff, super clean facility. Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for a week with my husband and 7 year old son. This is our second stay and I will def be back. The whole resort is super clean and all the staff are super friendly, especially Denise and Eldon! You can't beat this place for location, you are right around the corner from all the Disney parks. You can see the tree of life at Animal Kingdom from the parking lot. I can't say enough positive things about this place...exceeds my expectations.

• Stayed March 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

we were only here for a couple of days. resort has a country feel but is near everything. rooms were very clean and spacious. we had the hotel room type of room and it was perfect for us. it had coffee pot, fridge, and two place settings of plates, cups, bowls, silverware, etc. pools were too cold but we still went in. had a nice bar next to the pool. free internet was nice. very close to animal kingdom and back ways to disney that were not so busy as main entrances. employees were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was my very first rental in Orlando with RCI. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I was extremely satisfied. The resort was very clean and really well kept and was exactly as described on their vacation rental site orlandoparkvacations. We happened to arrive a bit early, and the front desk staff was very helpful. They did everything in their power to accommodate us and helped us get to the park as quickly as possible. The room were very spacious, beds were comfortable, and the activities that they had going on were great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Our family booked a 2nd Disney Vacation, and we decided to stay at Silver Lake. The booking rep was great and offered us the best deal. The staff were very helpful. After seeing the reviews on this place, we asked for a room in one of the new buildings. Even though the request was last minute, the staff tried their best, and when we arrived we were escorted to their newest building. The room was amazing, more than we ever expected. The view was great, and so were the pool and tennis courts. We did do a timeshare presentation, but it was so low key. The rep never pressured us, and was very respectful. Our family felt it was the right choice for us so we bought it at a great price. We felt at home and were treated great. The place is very family friendly with lots of activity for all. Look forward to going there again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!