“Worst Experience Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Locust, North Carolina
“Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My son made reservations on Baymont Inn's Website. Gave his credit card info etc to pay for the room as a gift to me. I called the day before to verify and was told everything was fine. After traveling 12 hours and finally finding the hotel (it sits back behind other buildings in an old section of town) I went in to check in only to be told since I didn't have my son's credit card I did not have a room. They told me to have my son fax copy of his card, but it was too dark and therefore still did not have a room. My son, and myself as well, have, in the past reserved rooms online with a credit card and did not have to show the credit card. As I sat in the dirty lobby waiting, wondered what the rooms must look like. There was a glass case in the lobby with rubber figures that hadn't been dusted in five years. The attendent was not very friendly or helpful. Worst experience of reservations ever. Went to a different hotel. Will never consider staying at another Baymond Inn ever!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Villa Park, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My group stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently. While the lobby was beautiful and clean, the rest of the hotel was filthy. The rooms weren't bad, just poor lighting and air conditioning that never reached the bathroom area. The pool had lots of debris at the bottom (unless that was the bottom without paint) and it had no filtration system. The pool towels were very small and very thin. The corridors from the elevators were very dark, dirty and spooky. The stairways were very dirty and had garbage on them that never got picked up. We didn't even want to touch the railings as they were filthy and sticky. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone! Even the free breakfast left lots to be desired.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here over the 4rth of July weekend and I used my credit card points to book. Overall the hotel was fair.

The bad:
1. Hotel was in a decent area. But it was not clearly marked on 192 so we ended up passing it and having to turn around. There are multiple closed businesses in front of the hotel as well so it was not clearly seen from the road either.
2. The driveway/road leading to the hotel had tons of potholes. Not pleasant to drive during the rain as the puddles covered the potholes and you didn't see them until you hit them.
3.Overall the cleanliness of the hotel was average. Could use a deep cleaning on the carpets for sure. Mattresses need to be replaced. They sag in the middle and were uncomfortable.
3.The vent in the bathroom which I suspect once held a small exhaust fan and which is now just a vent... Emitted smells all the time like smoke and something sour. Not sure why but it was not pleasant. Had to leave the bathroom door closed during our entire stay.
5. The staff wasn't rude but they were not overly friendly either. When we checked out I asked for a copy of my receipt she said she could not produce that because I had paid online with my points. I have always been able to get a zero dollar receipt from any hotel I have stayed at no matter how I paid. I just wanted to make sure no additional charges had been added to the credit card I had to put on file. Was not happy about that.

The good:
1. there is a bowling alley behind the hotel. The place is clean and well run and the prices are great. We walked over and enjoyed a couple of games during the day while it was raining.
2. 20 minute drive to Disney and approx 30 minute drive to Universal. Also short drive to outlet mall.
3. Relatively short driving distance to several restaurants, souvenir stores and putt putt golf courses.
4. Did not use the pool but it looked clean and we saw several people in it each day.
5. Hotel had machines to do laundry. Which I thought was nice but one of the machines on our floor was broken.
6. Exterior of the building looked good even though you could tell it was one of the older hotels in the area.

Overall I wouldn't recommend paying for this hotel until it gets a remodel. Since we used points I wasn't overly upset with the overall condition of the hotel but I would not pay money to stay here.

Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here for a mini vacation over the 4th of July.
Motel Is hard to find off 192 as it's pretty well hidden behind two closed business's and there is no Baymont Inn and Suites sign off 192. (Right pass mile marker 15)

It's a very old motel that seriously needs to be remodeled. Issues were as follows:
1. Road is riddled with deep pot holes
2. Beds are worn and broken down. Sheets don't fit.
3. Carpets in the room need a deep clean. When your white socks turn black on the bottom that's just disgusting.
4. Air condition needs cleaning.
5. Bathroom is ok however the venting system allows all kind of smells in the room. One night smelled smoke and another night smelled like a skunk smell.
6. Wish there was a gym on site :-(

The hotel is located in a quieter area of 192 and is located near Walmart, Target, ETC and some outlets off 535 and a variety of restaurants. Short drive to the Disney theme parks (around 20 minutes). All the motel staff we have encountered have been very nice. Also there is an AMF Bowling alley behind the motel. (Bowling was fun)

We stayed here due to we used reward points for the room. I would not recommend nor stay here again until they did a serious remodel. The motel is older and tired and is begging for an update.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I'll start this review by saying this was not a bad stay. Our large family of seven booked 2 rooms and stayed for 4 days. There were things, however, that could have been better. The rooms were nice and clean. We have never allowed the housekeeping staff to come into our room and clean while we were out but with a four day stay you almost have to. They did a great job. Never disturbing our personal items. The gentleman that took care of the breakfast area each morning was the sweetest. He greeted everyone as they came into the breakfast area by saying, "Good morning, family!" He was so nice!
The worse part of this hotel was the front desk. They were never friendly. I tried to get towels a couple of different times and they acted like it was the most terrible thing I could have asked for. They just didn't make you feel welcome at all. There was only one ice machine on the third floor which was mildly inconvenient.
All in all this wasn't a bad place to stay. Not sure that I would choose it again with so many other choices in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend with my husband and friends (each couple got separate rooms). The rooms were large and spacious with double beds which could have easily held more people comfortably. Its a great place if you are going with kids due to the room size. We stayed here to go to the parks which was convenient. I think the location, value and overall standard is good and I would recommend to anyone visiting the area. There was also breakfast included in the rate which was a bonus although all I had was coffee as the variety was not that great however why complain because the price is great for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!