“Large, clean rooms but cheap management” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #52 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Marianna, Florida, United States
“Large, clean rooms but cheap management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Older hotel but clean. Off the road so minimal noise. Rooms big. TVs updated (flat screen). Management is apparently cheap. We had less than a 1/4 roll of toilet paper in the room, 3 pillows for 2 double beds, breakfast was subpar even for a continental breakfast. I had to ask the woman who was constantly there cleaning and restocking plasticware and plates if she was going to bring out more pastries (there were only 2 small powder donuts left). There are also signs that state if you bring food out of the breakfast area you must pay a $10 cleanup fee. The rooms have kitchenettes! So it's okay for me to heat up my own food in the room but not okay to take food back to the room?? I was tempted to walk out with a big plate of food and tell them I wasn't going to my room just to see what they would say.

• Stayed April 2013

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice motel for the price. Owner Amanda and her staff are always helpful and courteous. This was my 4th stay and it was for 10 nights and I was welcomed with a bottle of wine and a nice note in my room. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
Riverview
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Slightly off the beaten path, but OK! Easy ride to the attractions. Plenty of great eating establishments and other activities around the hotel.
Staff were friendly and the dedicated "complimentry breakfast" area was outstanding!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Savannah, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Let me start by saying the bed and bathroom were clean, but obvously housekeeping isn't concerned about the rest of the room. The TV screen had smears on it, one of the pictures had a glob of something on it, room corners were not clean.
There are just too many hotels in Orlando not to expect better. We will not go back to this location.
I must say I have stayed in other Baymonts that were very nice. Not this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerBaymont, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kissimmee, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We pride ourselves in clean rooms and appreciate the opportunity to respond. You say yourself the bed and bathroom were clean. The smear on the tv albit so offensive is usual a due to the cleaning product used, which we are reviewing. Overall, thanks for agreeing our hotel which has new beds and carpets in many rooms, is cleaner and well presented than any other in our price range.
Newark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well you need to read this all to understand the GOOD review. When we first got into the room I found that the housekeeping people had made up the beds with DIRT Y sheets. I quickly went back down to the front desk and asked to have new sheets and I would make the beds myself. Not to long after that while waiting in my room the manager came up and checked the room herself and tried to explain they change the sheets daily, however I explained to her that I had been in housekeeping before and knew that when employees get mad they sometimes cut corners. She was relived to here this and glad that I was so calm. She had a very nice lady come to our room and redo the beds. The manager then came back to the room with a bottle of wine as an apology. We had no problems after that with anything. The breakfast is just so so, although my kids liked the waffles. We had a mini fridge, microwaveand mini coffee pot in the room. all in all We stayed 7 days 6 nights. that last night was not planed but they managed to find room for us to stay again. I would stay here again in the future. I hope this helps you out. kinda hard to find cause it sits back farther but still a nice place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. Unfortunately if all the satisfied people reviewed the hotel we would be very high in the rankings, but its usually the biter ones that do reviews! It says more about the World we live in than the authenticity of reviews. We have invested heaps of money in the property. Our rooms are clean and being upgraded daily. There is no place in our price range as clean or as good as us.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!