We stayed at the Starr Island resort from Dec. 30 to Jan 1, 2005. I have to say that the resort was very nice and clean. The only reason we choose this resort for our trip to Disney world was because another couple that went down with us were time share members. Check in went smoothly. We had a spacious room it was a"A" unit- it has a living room with microwave, supplies, sink and mini refrigerator and a room with 2 double beds.We only paid 99$ per night thru travelocity, the rate on the door said 175$, which I thought still wouldnt be bad if you had kids.
My complaint about the resort was that we were on the third floor, with no elevator, so stairs were the only option. There was no maid service which i didnt know about, but it wasnt the end of the world. There was a bag of garbage and 2 bins of linens that sat out in front of our room for the entire stay. I dont believe any guest stayed in the "B" unit, since I only saw staff members go in and out of that room. At night they would do laundry at 2am in that unit. The washing machine banged all night long and they would ring the door bell to get in. plus our toilet ran constantly. When we complained nothing was done, no apology, they just said that the "B" unit does have a washer and dryer.
Friends of ours had the same room as us,which they were disappointed with because they were time share members. However, on there last night stay they had to switch room bec. they were staying an extra night and got this amazing suite. It had a full kitchen, king size bed, large hot tub and huge bathroom. Overall our stay was so, so. I guess if we had children it would have been worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort