“Had a problem but was taken care of very quickly!” 4 of 5 stars

Hot Deals Save up to 40%
Ranked #19 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Had a problem but was taken care of very quickly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We exchanged our time share for a week stay in August. The check in was fast and easy. We had a small unit with a small kitchen and 2 twin beds. We got there around 7:30 and drove from nj so we were pretty tired. The neighbors were very loud but fell asleep. The next day we spent the day at the resort. We used the pool and grilled some food. The grills are only charcoal. When we got back to our room we could hear our neighbors next door. It sounded like they were in our place. The music was blasting and they were dancing and talking (shouting) over the music. This was not good. It went on for 30 minutes while we got showers. My husband video taped it so the front desk could hear it. We went straight to front desk and asked for the manager. The manager Sobieski came out right away and listened to our concerns and the video. He promptly changed our room and upgraded us. It was taken care of very quickly and professional. Thanks again Sobiesky! Staff was friendly. Pool was great! Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2014
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Good Afternoon blondeval,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you had a loud neighbor but happy that Sobiesky was able to accommodate you by moving you into another unit. We know it is important to feel completely relaxed when on vacation.

Thank you again and we will look forward to your return,
dtodd@star-island.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed at Star Island 7/4/14-7/11/14 and we loved it!!! I see some people left bad reviews but we had a great experience. We stayed in the AB unit, everything was updated and we had everything we needed. Cookware, toilet paper, dish soap, dishes, laundry soap etc. I planned our whole trip and my husband walked in and said "Wow, it's better than I expected!" The rooms were clean and comfy. We had a very relaxing trip! I gave 4 stars because we could never get time in the hot tub due to crowding. The outside of the buildings and grounds were a little worn, but that is expected for Florida because of constant rain. The staff was nice and they accomodated my request. We drove an hr to get there from airport also but that's no big deal. I cannot complain. We'll be back! Thanks Star Island!!

Room Tip: Make sure you have transportation. Evening swims are the best. Our rooms were great so go for the AB...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you pinkcrazy86 for taking the time to write a review. We are especially happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and all that comes with staying at Star Island except for using the hot tub. That was very unfortunate that it was too crowded due to 4th of July being one of our busiest times. We certainly hope you will get to enjoy the hot tub when you return.

Dennie Todd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Sorry I’m a couple days late with this review...I stayed here at the Star Island Resort and Club from 8/03/2014 to 8/10/2014 (1 week). I don't understand all the negative reviews and because of those reviews I was very hesitant and expecting a disaster, oh well when I got here it was much better than expected. The check in was fast and the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. I was even given several options when I asked for a unit with a laundry. I chose the unit that they first had me scheduled for (2262) in building 22 which didn't have a laundry in the unit but I stayed in this unit anyway and the laundry didn't matter. This building did have a laundry on the first floor ground level that you can use free washers and dryers. Once I was checked in of course I was told to get my parking pass (we didn’t have a car/vehicle) from another desk which of course was the people who set you up for a time share tour (I will get back to this later).

Once I got to my room I was very impressed with the size, King Sized bed, the large Jacuzzi tub, a bathroom with his and her vanity sink and mirror with the shower to the left and enclosed toilet to the right. There was also another bathroom near the unit entrance to the left that had a toilet, sink & shower. The kitchen was modern and everything worked. The living room was large and next to a nice sized dining area. The only thing I didn’t like too much about the living room area was that the sitting couch seemed a little dated. There was a large flat screen in the living area and a smaller one in the bedroom. The entertainment center in the living room came with a modern standard nice radio and iPod deck/CD player, a DVD player and inside the entertainment center there was a safe (great loved that they had one). Next to the living room was the balcony area. I loved this because it overlooked a pond and had a little view of the city beyond which wasn’t bad and you could also see the tennis courts area, the pool and also the bar deck a little ways from our unit. All in all I liked the unit and there were problems whatsoever.

On Sunday they had a welcome party at the bar area where there was music and entertainment. The food for this was $7.00 and sponsored by a Mexican restaurant. The food was very bland and awful. I love Mexican food but this was the worst I ever had so I guess you get what you pay for. The karaoke dude was good and the other DJ who does the pool was ok too but they need to stop playing the cha-cha slide, the cupid shuffle and the wobble over and over again. There are lots of things to do for kids if you have them and I would recommend you explore the property as much as possible is it truly nice.

The pools were nice and clean and it gets hot as heck in the sun. Purchase the cups so you can have your drinks discounted, it's worth it. The market Place has pretty decent food to get the edge off and the prices weren’t that bad, the people who ran it seemed out of place but they were very nice.

Star Island is in an area surrounded by all kinds of stores, restaurants and shopping areas so you have a variety of offsite places to go to eat and shop. It’s near Old Town and Celebrations also.

They have a shuttle for $12 per person round trip that will take you to the Epcot Center where you can take the Disney buses and or monorails to the Disney parks. The only thing about this is that they need to change their pick up time at Epcot from 10:00pm to a later time from at least 11:30pm or 12:00am so people can get a chance to see the fireworks at whatever park they attend.

The Tour:

Although I wasn’t pressured in the beginning of my tour I didn’t care for the tour to much, it started off great with a nice young lady, I was going to purchase until I realized that I would have to pay 2 maintenance fees (I already own a vacation ownership was thinking about having 2 or getting rid of the one I have) and this one was approximately $600 a year. This is a Wyndham Resort and Wyndham must be crazy. Once I was brought back to Star Inland from the first presentation we were taken to another center on the Star Island property for someone else to attempt to get me to purchase (The pressure now is on).

The Pressure tactic:

We get to this other center and within 1 hour 2 different reps both male attempted to give me some other deal. I should have not been taken to this second center due to my already stating form the 3 hour tour that I wasn’t going to purchase. Anyways, I again decided I still didn’t want to purchase because of the financial issue in reference to another maintenance fee, the sales rep got up walked anyway and stated go to the Wyndham center to get your gift. We went back to the lobby of Star Island where we were first scheduled for the tour thinking this is where we come to get our gift but upon arrival we were told by one of the reps who scheduled the tour that we had to go to a Wyndham Center that was at the beginning of the road next to TGI Friday’s to get our gifts. I really became irritated because of course I had already stated we didn’t have a vehicle and I felt that if Wyndham could drive us off site for a couple of hours for a tour, bring us back for another hour this time pressure tactic to convince me to purchase, but when I didn’t you wouldn’t drive me to a center that I knew nothing about to get the gifts you offered. The rep inside the Star Island center attempted to get a supervisor on the phone but then called security that came and took me to the Wyndham Center at the end of the road on a golf cart (This is why there is a 4 star instead of a 5 star given by me). I put in a complaint (written) and still have not heard from anyone. I realized because I didn’t purchase the rep dropped us off and left us the table like an half eaten hamburger to be trashed, I will now not ever purchase from Wyndham even if I get the chance too..

Recommendations:

First don’t take the tour, if you do just say no, get your gift and keep it moving. Make sure they take you to get it because if not they will leave you like a piece of trash on a table in McDonalds.

I would recommend as everyone else has the rooms that are on "B" side...they are larger and have lots of room. I stayed in unit 2262 (B Side). Although you can hear a little of the music from the bar it wasn't that bad due to the distance. The view was nice overlooking one of the ponds and the tennis courts. Higher floors have better views and quiet and my unit had air conditioning throughout plus 2 bathrooms. This building does not have laundry inside units but had one on the first floor not too far from elevator and it’s free wash and dry, we didn’t need it though. Stay away from units or building near bar area if you like peace at night because the music and entertainment goes on until about 11pm or 12am.

Bottom Line:

Bottom Line: Great Place, Nice Views, Great Customer service, Good Amenities

Room Tip: I would recommend as everyone else has the rooms that are on "B" side...they are larger an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you gtwnatjones for taking the time to write the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so.

We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the Wyndham sales dept. did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service that Star Island takes pride in.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This resort had a nice campus and the lobby was okay! I do have to say that the pictures online are not representative of the true size of this resort! It makes you think that this is a huge resort while it really isn't all that large! The staff was okay but some of the desk personnel were quite confusing with their directions. It was okay but it wasn't terrible!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Good Afternoon ListenToMe717,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. Star Island does have flyers, at the front desk, with directions on them for coming and going to the resort. I apologize that the directions were confusing for all.

DFW, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just spent a week at Star Island, and was pleased with the experience. Smooth check-in, despite it being VERY BUSY. Staff was courteous and efficient. The B side rooms are very large and comfortable, with the exception of a TERRIBLE sleeper sofa, which no one can sleep on, due to the wafer thin mattress. Washer and dryer in unit is very convenient and woke flawlessly. However, the ice maker didn't work at all. Everything was immaculate, except that something had been spilled in the freezer and not cleaned. That was easy to wipe out, though. We were in building 18, and there was never a parking spot, when returning late from Disney parks. Had to park a few buildings away, but that wasn't really bad. People did smoke, outside their units. We could smell the smoke, when walking to the elevator. There was a drawer that was almost non-functional, but with as much storage as there was available, one drawer was not a big deal. I would gladly stay here again. After seeing some negative reviews, I was a little leery. It was a great relief to see just how nice this place was. We didn't make use of any of the activities, as we were at Disney, every day. We made a quick trip around to see everything. It is just as pictured on the resort's website, photo gallery. Our room was exactly as pictured. Not sure how people could be disappointed with this resort, unless other buildings are not like 18.

Room Tip: 'B' rooms are larger, have full kitchen, washer, dryer. Walls seem a bit thin. We were dist...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you BethKDfw_Tx for taking the time to write a positive review. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with the freezer and the parking situation.We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and visiting Disney. Maybe next time you will enjoy some of the activities at Star Island. :)

Kissimee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Wyndham Vacation resort has great customer service and employees. I booked a room online and when i arrived at Star Island i did not like the room. Sobiesky the supervisor was kind and helped me get another room. This is why i love Wyndham and encourage others to buy into it. Thanks Sobiesky for a wonderful experience at Star Island.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you Priscilla P for taking the time to to write a review. We are happy to hear that Sobiesky was able to accommodate your request to change your room . I will pass on your kind words about Sobiesky to the managers.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband,
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

as soon as you drive in you can tell this is an upscale resort!!
our room in building 20 was huge. big enough for 10 adults!
WE HAD A clean and fully stocked kitcheN.
I CANT BELIEVE HOW PEOPLE COULD write NEGATIVE things about this resort.
we were most of the time at disney world but at night all the kids enjoyed the clean pool area which was opened until 11pm.
wifi was free fast and very convenient
master bath and bedroom was very elegant. the beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: building 20 was away from the noisy pool and bar we had a beautiful view of a lake with ducks.
Green Features: the property was well kept and had ducks all over.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you sag72 for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed the pool, WiFi and your accommodations.

We hope to see you again,
dtodd@star-island.com

Been to Star Island Resort and Club? Share your experiences!