“Christmas Break Orlando 2013” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5000 Avenue of the Stars, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #17 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Christmas Break Orlando 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This trip was an opportunity to get the family together for a Christmas break in Orlando. The trip started with some confusion over reservations. The folks running the front desk were patient and helped us overcome the issues. Sobiesky and his crew were extremely instrumental in getting our week off to a great start

Room Tip: Work with your reservation folks to completely understand the room arrangements when booking.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you chose to stay with us for Christmas break. We apologize for the confusion over your reservation, but glad that our staff was able to resolve the issue. We look forward to your next visit.

1,007 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

we checked in on December 23 to the number 1516. at the front desk was Marta. she was so nice and helpful . she helped us with reservation.
I can say only one thing that she is sooo professional and she knows what she is doing. Please do your best to keep her at your property forever.
Thank you very much Marta. We will come back .

Room Tip: It was very nice, wonderful and perfect. I am really appreciated to everybody.
Hi Edgar,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words for Marta and will share this with our staff. We are so glad she was able to fully assist you with your needs. We look forward to your next visit.
Hamilton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

the bartenders at star island are very nice, funny, and entertaining! I stayed a week and Chase, Faraby, and Nicole kept me laughing and really made me feel at home. It made for a great stay in what I thought was a very relaxing environment!

Room Tip: if you are a smoker you will want a room with a deck, wish I had known that, had to step out in the...
Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff including Chase, Faraby, and Nicole. We are so glad you had a nice and relaxing stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Marta G was especially helpful when checking and providing unit assignment. Star Island is well maintained inside and out. Unit was very clean and provided everything we needed (including flat pillows).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi William,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding Marta and will share this with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed our well maintained resort grounds and unit amenities. We look forward to your next visit.
Rockland, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am posting photos of what Star Island advertises as well as what we got. Their description of the unit reads “Your lavishly decorated suite has a master bedroom with a queen or king-size bed and a whirlpool tub. The living room has a queen sleeper sofa and remote control color television with a stereo system and safety deposit box.”
There wasn’t a bathtub of any kind in the unit period. Just two old run down bathrooms with showers. I could put many more photos on which would show the same situation in the unit. I went to the front desk to complain to no avail. They all tried to point the finger of blame elsewhere and nobody could give me a number to call and had no idea who either arranges the transactions or who I could call about it. We had company coming to join us and I had assured them that Star Island was as luxurious as the Disney Resorts we normally stay at. To say the least this was an unpleasant situation especially since I had been booked into a beautiful unit at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and cancelled it for this. I don't write many bad reviews as I believe you get what you pay for. The problem here is we did not get what we paid for. It was like they said they sold us a Corvette and when we arrived they gave us an old rusty Ford Pinto!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We needed to add some more rooms to our reservations. The front desk manager was great!! He was able to upgrade our rooms and made sure we had. A great sixth floor view. We will be back next year for another wonderful vacation at star island resort.

• Stayed December 2013
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding our management. We are so glad you were able to receive a unit upgrade with a fantastic view. We look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays.
Winter Haven, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

When I checked in, the lost my reservation. I showed them my confirmation letter and they still asked me if I made the reservation too late (Needs training. If a person has a confirmation letter, process them, not question them) I asked for a bottom floor, which they gave me (2313). I was then set to guest services and asked if I wanted to attend a seminar which I did the day before when I was staying at Cypress Palm. They also asked for my identification again which I just gave the front desk. When I got to 2313, I found two beds, a couch with the pillows fastened with velcro, a tub whose walls were above my knee. I was so upset that the contract I did on the 13th, I cancelled. I didn't contact the front desk because, in the past when I complained, I got the I'm sorry speech(I was promised I would stay at tower 6 at Bonnet Creek which didn't happened. The talk was only going to be an hour, which lasted three). Listening to other owners, I feel they were dissatisfied, but were stuck with their membership. Your computer system should be integrated so the history of a client would be upgraded on all database tables when information is entered. I hope finance processes my refund in a more professional manner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review. We apologize for any confusion regarding your reservation confirmation. Please know our systems are integrated to reflect accurate reservations. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their vacation with a variety of amenities. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out. Your feedback will allow us to continue improving the guest experience.

Been to Star Island Resort and Club? Share your experiences!