We are currently on night 3 of a weeklong stay here. We are staying at Star Island as guests of time share owners (my parents). We stayed a week at a Disney resort then moved here to spend a second week away from Disney in order to enjoy some of the other things the Orlando area has to offer.
The cons: we are staying here with our 7 year old, and the resort bar is open to the pool area. Which means in order to take my son to the pool after 7pm, we have to listen to crappy karaoke while we swim. Also, this goes on until around 11pm. Our room is around 400 yards from the pool/bar area and the noise is too much. It is so loud, it makes it difficult to get our son to bed. We called the front desk about the noise and they told us they'd let security know, but nothing came of it. I could totally overlook the noise if they wanted to do karaoke one night a week, but they have it 4 nights a week, and live music the other 3. So 7 nights a week there is loud music until at least 11pm.
The Internet is crappy and super slow (so much for uploading photos or paying bills while we are here).
The first two days we were here, they were working on the parking lot. I'm assuming they were repaving. The parking lot was a mess and we were constantly being detoured around the entire resort just to get to our room.
They were working on the lake, so they weren't renting out the jet skis, which is one of the things we were looking forward to.
The pros: The unit was clean and much nicer on the inside than I was expecting by looking at the outside.
The whirlpool tub was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort