My husband and I stayed at Star Island five years ago on our honeymoon. We were hoping to see some renovations and/or new activities. Needless to say, not much has changed in the past five years. We requested one of their newest units, which we received; however, our room still looked outdated with pink walls, carpet, and furnishings. We booked a three bedroom/ 3 bathroom deluxe villa. We were expecting a pretty large unit, but discovered a series of lock-offs that were extremely small. The villa included a king bed with its own bathroom, an adjoining room with 2 double bed and a separate bathroom, and a lock-off that had an efficiency room with a pullout small sleeper sofa, and another small queen bedroom that shared a bathroom. This floor plan was not viewable on their website, so we did not realize how small the set up was going to be. Luckily, we had our own washer/dryer because we had the entire villa, sides A and B. If you only have one side, you must share with the other unit.
Fortunately, all the rooms were clean. We did have to have housekeeping vacuum all the floors when we first arrived, but they were quick to correct the problem. There were a few hairs in the shower, but I just made my husband get rid of them. Our room smelled like smoke, so I am assuming the last guests did not heed the nonsmoking room policy. The linens and towels were worn, but at least they were clean. The kitchen was nicely stocked, but we only used the kitchen a few times.
Aside from issues with the villa, the staff was great. Whenever we needed something, they were very accommodating and friendly. We received no sales calls and were never pressured to attend a time share presentation. We did not use the pool, but it looked clean and well maintained. The location is extremely convenient to Disney, shopping, and restaurants.
Overall, our stay at the Star Island was fine. We usually stay at Marriott properties, so my standards are a little high. If the unit was bigger and the villas were updated I would have rated this resort higher. If you have read other horrible reviews and are hesitant about staying at this resort, I would recommend giving Star Island a shot. I am extremely picky, so if you are not traveling with a lot of people and don't need the space, or if you are not concerned with outdated decor, Star Island is not as bad as others have said!
I hope this helps!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort