“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm an currently still at liki tiki right now. I was very sketched out because of the reviews I saw. It was very busy at check in and didn't seem organized to move quickly. I am staying in a town home near the water area and was afraid it was going to be a dump but it is so cute. My two daughter are having an answer me time here. My oldest is 10 and has enjoyed the activities. My almost 2 year old is having a blast playing in the pool and going down the water slides. I've had friend and family stop by and spend the day or night with us over the week and everyone has really enjoyed themselves. Today in the pool area they had a liki tiki activity bash. It was so much fun. They really got the parents (adults) involved too. My sister, her friend and I has so much fun doing the adult activities as well as cheering on my daughter. The thing about this resort is it isn't updates and probably not up to most adult standards. I think this resort knows it needs to be updated and will make those changes. But from a kids eye they don't see that! They see the slides and fun! At the end of the day that's what this trip was/is about for me. That my daughters have a great time making memories with me. I would recommend this location and definitely will come back. I look forward to seeing what diamond does with the place.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

If you think about going to this resort DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT . This is the worst experience i ever had . Let me begin by saying I get there to check in they gave my room to someone else they send us to another hotel for the night , the manager told us to come back at 10 am that they would have a room for us we get there there's no room available , I remind you guys I came with my whole family 8 kids and 2 of them are autistics drove for 4 hrs to get there to this disappointed horrible customer service . The nights are expensive for resort $150 deposit & the charge $40 for the utilities in the resort so I pay almost $400 for 3 night and extras $40 to use the pool , basketball court , golf , park (EVERYTHING) they have . everything is old not updated , someone took a poop in the pool it took 2 hrs to clean it ! HORRIBLEE experience I'm still shocked !!!! Never again there's so many better , prettier & awesome customer service to waist your time & money with them ! Don't get FOOL by the pictures online nothing like the pictures ... I wasn't the only family that went thru this ! Maybe 4 family's that I know of !

• Stayed August 2014
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We hear at Liki Tiki Village understand that no one wishes to have their vacation tarnished by accommodations and amenities less than anticipated. As the property has recently come under new management, we are working to modernize the suites as we speak; two buildings have been completed so far already. We would like to welcome you back to our resort in the future and hope you will enjoy our enhancements the next time you visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was a great choice. The price was great and the accommadations were excellent. I was unsure what to expect, my entire family enjoyed the room as well as the activities offered. I would definitely revisit this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I exchanged my week with interval to travel else where. They didn't have what we wanted so I booked Liki Tiki August 2 nd through the 9 th. We got in around 12:30/1:00. Room wasn't ready yet. Check is 4, kind of hopeing we could get in early my son was tierd just drove 20 hrs and he was ready to crash. Because I booked with interval they said I had to wait, if I booked through them they would of took care of me. It shouldn't matter which way I booked I'm still a owner has been since 2000. So they said they would call 4:00. No call,went to the desk. Room wasn't ready, said to come back 45 mins went back at 5:00 he called somebody they put him on hold for ever. So he went in the back room came back, I told him I wanted the high rise so I got one. Got to are room by6:00, and we came in early. Then on Thursday morning went to get a plate out and there was a cock roach found a few of them. And when people walk through the high rises at 1:00/2:00 in the morning they need to be quite, they kept waking the kids up. The unit we stayed in was nice needs up dated. Over all everybody had a nice time, kids loved the water park. They should take care of there owners a little bet better, shouldn't matter how u book. I've always enjoyed going to the liki tiki. And the grand kids loved it.

Room Tip: They was going to put us by the pool, sure glad we didn't get it. They was very noiseing at nigh...
notts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I,m in liki tiki at the moment. If you,'re coming here soon don,t worry at all- it,s really very nice. The place is well kept and our not modernised appt is very clean and we'll equipped, huge balcony. Staff are lovely. Pools clean and pleasant. Time share chap tried for about 2 mins and that's it. Yes there was a storm and they had a problem after with water pressure which was sorted. Our only issue was noise from a neighbour on the first night screaming at his family, after some persuasion they moved us, and since then, lovely time.

Room Tip: One bed appt have adjoining doors, so if you are in a group choose together
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great place to take the family, the resort pool/water park truly delivered couldn't get the kids out their fast enough each day, on site fishing, minigolf and loads of activities for the little ones, typical time share lodgings very spacious 3 bedroom. my only complaint was the wifi was very bad would only pick up phones not tablets for some reason.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

First, this is Not a Hotel! This was a bankrupt TimeShare resort that they are trying to renovate. As I write this, there is NO WATER in the entire community. Rooms are filthy and very out of date. Check in took 2 hours. They will blow up your phone trying to sell you a time share. Did I mention that THIS IS NOT A HOTEL! Overall, stay away from this place there are plenty of cheaper and better places.

Stayed August 2014
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
First and foremost we would like to express our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, a water line was damaged during your stay and we had to turn off the water temporarily in order to repair the line. That being said, there is no reason to provide a guest an unclean room. We have addressed this with our housekeeping team to ensure they are maintaining the high standards we strive for. You are correct in stating we are not a hotel. The Liki Tiki Village is primarily a vacation ownership destination, but we do offer hotel accommodations. There was a recent change in management, which is why there are many projects going on around the resort to renovate and refurbish our rooms and facilities. We regret this stay has made you view the Liki Tiki Village in a negative light, but we are confident that your next stay will be far better.

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!