This place can be booked at a bargain (check tripadvisors lowest rates) It is an okay place, mainly visited by American tourists heading for the theme parks. The Pools are OK but a bit cold. Be careful with young kids as the slides end in deep water. Luckily there are lifeguards continuously on top of it. Apart from the pools there ain't much to do except trying to spot some raccoons going through the trash (something appealing to us europeans) The first room we had had a filthy, smelly sleep sofa and the blankets that we found in a closet were dirty. When we returned after our trip to Miami we got a slightly better room on the ground floor with a cleaner sleeping sofa and an open door to the "jungle" in the back. Sally's bar is nothing special and offers the typical American junkfood. There are some activities like midget golf and water paddling. We saw people fishing the tortoises, actually lifting them up with a hook which looked like animal abuse to us. However when we informed the staff they were totally fine with that ("we just don't recommend to eat them because of the algees")
It has been said a lot - they will bother you with timesharing presentations, offering you cash and free vacations. They don't hesitate to bother you after you've arrived from a 13 hour trip, phone you in your room and leave voice mails. Just be firm and tell them no. That said, it is a great getaway to all the Orlando attractions. Tip:get your Disney tickets from the "cheap tickets" stalls along the roads. While shady at first it actually works (they sell tickets that were already used that day) and in our case it saved US $75.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 64-acre gated resort features spacious one- two- and three-bedroom fully furnished condos all with living room, dining area, full kitchens, and washer/dryers located in the heart of Orlando only seven miles from Walt Disney World®. You can kick back and relax at our Liki Tiki Lagoon Water Adventure water park on-site. This 220,000-gallon water park features five water slides, a simulated wave pool, waterfall, an erupting volcano, spouting tiki heads, dancing fountains, poolside Bar and Grill, and a toddlers' area. KIDS FREE AAA 3 DIAMOND. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Liki Tiki Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liki Tiki Hotel
- Liki Tiki Village Orlando
- Liki Tiki Village Kissimmee