“Perfectly Adequate Stay ...” 3 of 5 stars

Liki Tiki Village
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17777 Bali Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34787   |
Ranked #22 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Cardiff, Wales
“Perfectly Adequate Stay ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked a 2 week stay in September but ended up spending only 7 nights as we travelled around quite a lot. We were primarily using it as our 'base' so it really did not need to be anything other than 'adequate' for our needs. I feel a bit mean giving it just a three star but I don't mean it as a negative. Its a perfectly fine, perfectly adequate place to lay your head (you spend very little time at the hotel if you're visiting Florida to travel and to do the parks).

We had a 3rd floor single bedroom condo in block 1200. It was more than big enough for us. The kitchen facilities were good (looked like they'd never been used), the bathroom large and the washer/drying facilities great if you choose to have no maid service. Bed was relatively comfortable but the room got very hot at night and I did not like the fact that the bedroom window faced the landing. Despite having blinds you could not leave them open during the day time as everyone could see straight in! You had to keep them closed and it made the room very dark. (Note: Not every apartment was like this. Some of them had kitchen windows that face the landings not bedroom).

The condo décor is dated but not offensive but the sofa bed in the lounge was incredibly uncomfortable to sit on (so I don't know what it would be like to sleep on). Bathroom nice and big - good shower, loads of towels. Two big screen telly's with a good selection of channels (ok - you don't go away to watch telly! But sometimes you're so knackered after being out at the Parks all day you just want to veg out in front of the telly with a pizza!)

The big big minus for me was the adjoining door into the next apartment (used for family stays). There appears to be no attempt at sound proofing. It felt like there was only one door between the rooms and not the customary two with a gap. (If it is two then I'd be incredibly surprised). Put it this way, the family argument from the next room got so bad one day (upsetting) I complained to reception then another day we were privy to an incredibly personal argument that I wish I had not shared! Coupled with the screaming baby moments it is a bit annoying. I have no idea if all the rooms are like this but it may well be worth asking if you are booking a one bedroomed apt.

Plus points : helpful staff, nice resort layout, good pool with brilliant professional lifeguards, super security staff - really helpful, pleasant, happy! Good on site pool bar with reasonable food (v reasonable - a 16" pizza to take to your room $11.95; great club sandwich with fries $8.95 - super onion rings). The bar shuts at 9pm though so it doesn't sort of have much atmosphere - but its better than nothing for those with young families.

We thought the location was good. Its really quite easy to find (just listen to your sat nav carefully) and I liked they way its set back off the road. The restaurants and facilities in the immediate vicinity are great and the distance from the Parks didn't bother us. There's a Publix about 5 mins away and Walmart about 10 mins away so you can stock up.

The free wifi is non-existent although there is a business/internet lounge in reception that you can use free of charge. My husband even struggled to get a signal on his mobile! We took our ipad - mainly to plan our driving trips and to check out local information but it worked only the once.

If Liki Tiki popped up on a reasonably priced package deal again we'd probably go back at some point - if you're looking for atmosphere and real proximity to the Parks then maybe consider a Disney Hotel instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1,718 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Los Angeles, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Check-in was easy. The rooms are okay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. It is a gated resort which is a plus. Amenities are nice. Pool for the kids is GREAT!!. This was my first trip to Florida. I got lost driving around and I called the resort for help. One guy, (i forgot his name, but he is a security guard) helped me get back. He stayed on the phone with me until I felt safe to hand up. A Million thank you's to that security guard! There is a convenient market(driving distance) 5 minutes away. Warning: The Bali street sign is small, you might miss it, keep alert it gets very dark around the highways, or you will get lost. I really enjoyed this location but for my next Florida trip I would like a closer location to the theme parks. A place where I would not have to drive. There are many tolls to get around, and it seems that there are highways left and right, which made my drive, a not so pleasurable. We enjoyed Liki Tiki Village. Staff is nice and helpful if you have questions/concersns. Check-out is very easy. drop keys on your way out of the resort. One more thing, they will try to sell you timeshare, but you can say No, thanks, and they stop offering.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool are the best. second/thirds floors are not convenient but they do have elev...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We absolutely loved Liki Tiki Village. We were able to do our Disney vacation incredibly inexpensive with the help of my sister in law who let us use one of her getaway packages from her timeshare. The people were lovely and the resort was beautiful. It is the perfect resort for families. Our children are 2 and 4 and my brother has 4 kids (into high school) and there was something for everyone to do! We bought a 5 day pass to disney and we actually wished we only had purchased 3 and spent two more days around the pool. The resort is 5 miles from the parks and an easy ride to/from. We cooked almost every night and packed lunches for the parks! The rooms were great! We had the 2 bedroom/2bathroom and the Jacuzzi tub was the biggest one I had ever seen! We had plenty of room to spread out and relax! I would go back anytime!!! We did the paddle boats, mini golf, played in both pools, and had an amazing time!

Room Tip: there are two sides to the resort. If you want activity all day and evening, stay by the Pool and o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Liberty, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

In August we took our son and his 8 year old daughter to Orlando. We stayed at the Liki Tiki VIllage Resort. What a wonderful place. I chose this property because of the amount of things it had to offer children, as well as, adults. They have two pool areas and a water park for the kids. From minature golf, paddle boats, fishing, they supply the bait and the fishing poles. It is only 7 miles from disney and is just off of the main strip, so there are lots of resturants and stores for shopping and dinning. The units are clean and spacious. We had a 2 bedroom overlooking the pool. Can't go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit in the South Oasis building, they are updated.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Let me just start by saying, outright, hands down, this place was well worth the money! Right from the beginning our experience was unmatched! We usually stay at the Nick Hotel, but this time we were looking for a more upgraded experience. We wanted the same access to on-site entertainment for the kids without giving up our desire for nice accommodations. This place was a perfect match. It offered comfort, excellent service, and lots of space for the kids. We actually stayed in what would be considered the 'older' town homes. We were in 212A and we have only two complaints. There were sugar ants in our kitchen when we arrived but nothing that wasn't quickly remedied. They even offered to let us change rooms but we decided to keep the condo once the problem was corrected. The only other issue was that there is no tv in the 2nd bedroom in the older town homes. Besides that we had no problem. Our rooms had a private balcony and king sized bed with easy access to everything. It was quiet and peaceful. We did do the timeshare presentation but not by force, it was completely optional. The arcade, water park, and pools were all enjoyable. The only tip that I will give is to be sure that you wear a full cover top over bathing suits if you want to ride paddle boats (required) and bring closed toe shoes with you on this trip if you might want to ride the bikes (also required). They have awesome bbq's and activities that are all free so keep up with the activities schedule so that you don't miss out on free food and goodies! And just as a side note, the most helpful person during out visit was Crystal who greeted us upon arrival at 1:00 am as if it were the middle of the day and was super helpful and cheerful! She set the stage for an awesome stay! And then there was Mike in the rewards department who assisted us when no one else could, after we left the resort and needed some information about our timeshare reward.

• Stayed September 2013
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Got Travelzoo deal for 85 bucks a night for a 2 bedroom condo. Condo was very nice and clean. We did spot a couple roaches in the condo throughout the weekend but no big deal. Overall the resort is older and a little dated. It could use a remodel. But for the money you can't beat it. The amenities are great. We did the water park, putt putt, and paddle boats. Only 2 complaints are that they advertise a wave pool when there isn't one, and the amenities closed at 6pm on a Saturday night. We went down to do some fishing and/or putt putt and it was all closed. Doesn't make any sense. Overall, while the Liki Tiki isn't exactly a high end resort, the price reflects it making it a great value.

• Stayed September 2013
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stay started out nice, hotel was clean and spacious. By day 2it all went down hill. My parents were stuck in the elevator for 15minutes. The fire department was called and they both had to climb down a ladder since they were stuck between floors. The hotel apologized and moved us to the 1st floor. On the 3rd day the hotel was supposed to deliver a cake and balloons for my dads birthday as an added apoligy for the elevator incident. By 9pm they were a no show, my mom called the front desk and they showed up 15 minutes later with a cake from publix, no balloons and insisted that my dad get out of bed to blow out the candles. Day 4 air conditioner breaks, 4 hours later they fix it. The hotels only compensation for all of this, a $50 Visa card. We will try real hard not to spend it all in one place....

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor, was woken several times by guest passing the window, could hear eve...
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!