We booked a 2 week stay in September but ended up spending only 7 nights as we travelled around quite a lot. We were primarily using it as our 'base' so it really did not need to be anything other than 'adequate' for our needs. I feel a bit mean giving it just a three star but I don't mean it as a negative. Its a perfectly fine, perfectly adequate place to lay your head (you spend very little time at the hotel if you're visiting Florida to travel and to do the parks).
We had a 3rd floor single bedroom condo in block 1200. It was more than big enough for us. The kitchen facilities were good (looked like they'd never been used), the bathroom large and the washer/drying facilities great if you choose to have no maid service. Bed was relatively comfortable but the room got very hot at night and I did not like the fact that the bedroom window faced the landing. Despite having blinds you could not leave them open during the day time as everyone could see straight in! You had to keep them closed and it made the room very dark. (Note: Not every apartment was like this. Some of them had kitchen windows that face the landings not bedroom).
The condo décor is dated but not offensive but the sofa bed in the lounge was incredibly uncomfortable to sit on (so I don't know what it would be like to sleep on). Bathroom nice and big - good shower, loads of towels. Two big screen telly's with a good selection of channels (ok - you don't go away to watch telly! But sometimes you're so knackered after being out at the Parks all day you just want to veg out in front of the telly with a pizza!)
The big big minus for me was the adjoining door into the next apartment (used for family stays). There appears to be no attempt at sound proofing. It felt like there was only one door between the rooms and not the customary two with a gap. (If it is two then I'd be incredibly surprised). Put it this way, the family argument from the next room got so bad one day (upsetting) I complained to reception then another day we were privy to an incredibly personal argument that I wish I had not shared! Coupled with the screaming baby moments it is a bit annoying. I have no idea if all the rooms are like this but it may well be worth asking if you are booking a one bedroomed apt.
Plus points : helpful staff, nice resort layout, good pool with brilliant professional lifeguards, super security staff - really helpful, pleasant, happy! Good on site pool bar with reasonable food (v reasonable - a 16" pizza to take to your room $11.95; great club sandwich with fries $8.95 - super onion rings). The bar shuts at 9pm though so it doesn't sort of have much atmosphere - but its better than nothing for those with young families.
We thought the location was good. Its really quite easy to find (just listen to your sat nav carefully) and I liked they way its set back off the road. The restaurants and facilities in the immediate vicinity are great and the distance from the Parks didn't bother us. There's a Publix about 5 mins away and Walmart about 10 mins away so you can stock up.
The free wifi is non-existent although there is a business/internet lounge in reception that you can use free of charge. My husband even struggled to get a signal on his mobile! We took our ipad - mainly to plan our driving trips and to check out local information but it worked only the once.
If Liki Tiki popped up on a reasonably priced package deal again we'd probably go back at some point - if you're looking for atmosphere and real proximity to the Parks then maybe consider a Disney Hotel instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 64-acre gated resort features spacious one- two- and three-bedroom fully furnished condos all with living room, dining area, full kitchens, and washer/dryers located in the heart of Orlando only seven miles from Walt Disney World®. You can kick back and relax at our Liki Tiki Lagoon Water Adventure water park on-site. This 220,000-gallon water park features five water slides, a simulated wave pool, waterfall, an erupting volcano, spouting tiki heads, dancing fountains, poolside Bar and Grill, and a toddlers' area. KIDS FREE AAA 3 DIAMOND. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Liki Tiki Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liki Tiki Hotel
- Liki Tiki Village Orlando
- Liki Tiki Village Kissimmee