“Great condos .. Great water park on site” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 50% off!
Ranked #30 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Great condos .. Great water park on site”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great condo resort . Close
To Walmart. On site water park with life guards resort has other amenities too like bike riding, pedal boat and they said fishing but my husband didn't think it was good fishing. Also 20 minutes from all attractions.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Finnish first
Rhôs-on-Sea, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loved this place so much, our apartment was so nice, i shared a room with my niece and we both had a queen size bed to ourselves! We had huge flat screen TVs in every room! not that we used them we were out most of the time. Everything was clean i couldn't fault it, it's just a shame we didn't spend enough of time there as we came to go to Disney theme parks the whole time. I can't really comment on the pool areas i think we used them twice the whole time we were there but they were fine, i would definitely come back :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We are extremely pleased staying at Liki Tiki. We had a 1 bedroom apartment with kitchenette, washer, dryer, balcony, living, dining area. The space was comfortable and large, not to mention it was beautifully decorated, clean and most of all, great value for money. Their staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything that guests said about this hotel is true, it is a wonderful resort hotel. There are also restaurants, 24 hour super markets close by for grocery shopping and dining out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a "germaphobe" mother of two young children, some of the previous reviews had me slightly worried. We stayed toward the back of the resort in the high-rise condos. The dj music by the pool can get quite loud and travel, so we were glad we were a bit further away from that during nap and bed time. Condo was VERY spacious, modern, extremely clean, HUGE walk-shower in master bathroom (that was a waterpark in itself for my kiddos), well stocked kitchen, large dining table, flat screen tvs in all rooms, nice back porch to dry pool towels on. Waterpark area was clean, food was just fine for a poolside resort restaurant (drinks were NOT that expensive if you are familiar with resort drink prices), activities were fun for the kiddos! Would definitely return and the kids can't wait!

Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First off I have to say that the negative reviews of this resort, in my experience, are completely inaccurate. I do not know if those who wrote them are ‘high maintenance’ personalities perhaps; however, we just returned from a week stay at the Liki Tiki Village Resort, and have nothing but good things to say about our experience.

Let me start with finding the resort, and the check-in process. There was at least one review that complained they couldn’t find the resort. If you Google map the resort, or have a GPS, it’s quite simple. The Liki Tiki is located on Bali Drive, which is just off the main road. It’s really very easy to find; I am really not sure why anyone would have any trouble locating it - one turn onto Bali Drive, and the resort is right there in front of you. When we arrived at the main gate, the guard asked for our name, checked the reservation list, and directed us to the main office for check-in. When I arrived at the check-in desk, they were somewhat busy, as it was 5pm, and check-in time starts at 4pm. Despite this, I was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes. Part of my wait time was my own doing as well, as I was requesting a specific building to stay in, and the person behind the counter was happy to accommodate my request. She found a room for us in that building and I was over to the parking pass / time share counter in no time. At the parking pass / time share desk I was politely greeted, and asked a couple simple questions on whether or not I’d be interested in attending a short (45 minute) time share pitch the next morning. I told her I was not interested at this time, and she simply asked that if I changed my mind, to please contact her. That was it. I never heard another word about trying to sell me on any time share options after that initial discussion. She handed me my parking pass, and I was out the door, back to my car.

There is an abundance of parking at the resort; we never had any issue finding a convenient place to park. Our room, a 1 bedroom condo in building 800, was great! The room was spacious enough for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids), and had a full kitchen, a washer and dryer, and a Jacuzzi bath. The room was very clean, and updated. We were on the 3rd floor, and our balcony had a great view of the lagoon, and other side of the Liki Tiki campus. We spent 3 days of our vacation at the resort itself, and we really enjoyed the room, and all the amenities it had to offer.

If you are looking for a room close to the Liki Tiki waterpark, buildings 800 and 900 are right next to the entrance, and building 700 is not very far away either. Building’s 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1300 are across the parking lot from 700 – 900, and also not very far from the water park entrance. I believe that those four buildings are newer than the 700-900 buildings, although, from the outside, they all look the same. According to the Liki Tiki literature you receive at check-in, there is no smoking anywhere (including balconies) in buildings 1000-1300 (1400 I believe too, which is across the campus from these 7 buildings), so, if you are a smoker, and you want to be able to smoke at your room (only on your balcony), then be sure you look at building’s 700-900. Buildings 400-600, I believe, are the oldest of the 5 story condo buildings, however, they also look very similar to buildings 700-1400. These 3 buildings are situated in a ‘U’ shape around the other on-site pool (smaller, hotel style pool) towards the front of the campus. We did utilize this other pool during the evening hours several nights, as the water park pool closes at 8pm, but, this other pool is open until midnight each night. There is also a hot tub at this pool, which was great after a long day at The Magic Kingdom!

Speaking of Disney, our vacation to Florida was to take the kids to The Magic Kingdom, and to SeaWorld. The resort is 6 miles from Disney, and 15 miles from SeaWorld. Both drives took us 20 minutes or less. I know some reviews of this resort complained that the Liki Tiki is not near Disney, and be prepared for some ‘crazy’ drive. This is simply not true. Unless you expect to simply step out your door and be at the park, a 6 mile drive is really pretty convenient, in my opinion. The main road to the Disney road (and I-4 for SeaWorld) is a busy road (Highway 192), with many lights; however, it doesn’t take very long to navigate. This main road also has just about any restaurant you would like, as well as numerous chain stores and souvenir shops.

There are various amenities free to Liki Tiki visitors on the campus of the resort, including paddle boats for the lagoon, tennis courts, a basketball court, a volleyball beach, a small miniature golf course, shuffle board, tandem, quad, and 6 person bikes, and a playground set. Additionally, there are numerous daily activities the resort puts on – from contests, to kids bingo, to various arts and crafts; there are many activities available, usually for a small fee. There is also a restaurant/bar at the water park, Shipwreck Sally’s. We never did order anything from the restaurant; however, the food other visitors were ordering looked and smelled pretty good!

Overall, our stay at the Liki Tiki was very enjoyable. After reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, we were a little concerned at what we might find. However, after our week stay at the Liki Tiki I can say that the staff was friendly and polite, the room was very clean, there were no bugs in the room (barely any bugs at all, which I found interesting for Florida in August!), and the resort itself was fantastic. I will be recommending a stay to family and friends (as the Liki Tiki was recommended to us), and we plan to book our next Florida vacation at the resort! Please do not let any of the negative reviews sway you from booking at this resort … this place is excellent!

Room Tip: Buildings 800 & 900 closest to water park entrance (and Shipwreck Sally's Restaurant). Bui...
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed 12 days in total and I am nothing but impressed with Liki Tiki. The check in staff was very courteous and had us in our rooms within 20 mins of arrival. The renovated 500 block was nothing short of amazing! Very modern 2 bedroom condo and super clean! Great view of the pool as well. The pools were fantastic and loved the grills behind our unit. It was a very festive environment! Tons of activities pool side for young and old. Food at the pool was very good and reasonably priced. The Liki Tiki staff were very friendly and helpful...world class! Time share presentation pressure right after check in would be the only thing i would suggest that be changed. I would return again. Great resort, great value and great vacation memories!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just return from our vacation and spend 4 nights at Liki Tiki and it was the best. My 3 yrs old love the water slide, all i keep hearing was "again mommy". The room 2 bedroom was located in building 1400 at the back of the resort( summer bay resort was next door) because we did not hear any of the noise people complain about. The room was clean with washer and dryer (nice to have after the swimming). They gave us a starter pack which was nice because we just check out of a rented home and we were not supplies with anything. The activies at the resort was nice becsuse we didn't have to leave the resort to find something to do.We were ask to do the timeshare and we said no and we were never ask again.

Room Tip: Building 1400
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Flamingo Waterpark Resort
Parkway International Resort
Parkway International Resort
#8 of 159 in Kissimmee
4.5 of 5 stars 536 reviews

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!