“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited Liki Tiki Jan 26-Feb 3, 2013. It was wonderful and I was very wary after the reviews I had read. We were a little pressured to attend a time share presentation, but when we sternly said "no" they left us alone. They tried to suggest that they had a bigger discount on Disney Tickets if you listen to the presentation, but that was only about $150 in savings after you add the taxes back in. They make it look like a better deal by not adding the taxes you'll have to pay. The pools and waterpark were beautiful and clean. Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath in building 1300 was wonderful and spacious. The door that connected it to the one next to ours did allow us to hear the tv and kids next door. But that was only for two of our days, thank goodness. We had a great stay and wish we would have used the resort pools more as opposed to standing in line at Disney to meet the characters and princesses!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section 1300, 1400
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Awesome!! We are so pleased to hear you had an amazing experience here at Liki Tiki Village, where it is our utmost important goal to provide such an experience. As for the unpleasant noise, keeping in mind that in places with high concentration of people noise levels can at times be higher than normal, we do have certain measures we take when a guest notifies us of any noise complaints, first we have security notify the neighboring guest of their noise level, if this fails to help then we go on to accommodate our guest to a more relaxing environment. At liki Tiki we are also a time share resort, we like to provide a short presentation for our guest so that they have a better understanding of some of the great vacation packages our time share has to offer, we do apologize if at any time you felt pressured for this is not how we want you to feel. We hope that your vacation will keep us as your top choice for your next vacation to Orlando Florida. Thanks you for the great rating from everyone at Liki Tiki Village, hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the week February 2-9 and we were quite happy with the place. We are timeshare owners and stayed in our townhouse for the first time after trading the week for several years. After touring the property we found the towers were more up to date, but we were still quite pleased with the townhouse as well. Very roomy and all the amenities you would ever need , dishwasher, washer and dryer, and fully equipped kitchen The only faults I can point out are the old shower heads, I have a really good one at home so I may be just picky! The grounds are well maintained and the staff are as good or better than any other time share we have stayed at in the past. We spent the days at Disney which is a short drive from the resort and universal which is a bit of longer drive depending on traffic (20 or 30 minutes). We didn't use the pools as we were gone most of the time, but did appreciate the fitness centre, even though it is a bit small, but always got in no problem.

There is plenty of shopping nearby with convenience stores, but look up the Walmart as it is only a mile or so away going west and easily to get to and from with directions or a GPS, and there is every restaurant you could ever want going east on 192.

If you are going for the first time, pay attention to the directions as it is not visible from the highway, it is a bit secluded compared to the ones you see along the way....which is nice..you really feel like you are away from it all!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you! Thank you for Vacationing with us at Liki Tiki Village, we are so happy you gave the chance to provide you with a very pleasant vacation stay, you must have taken a tour of our high rise buildings, although we are up to date with all of our units, we are undergoing some renovations to add more quality to our units and maximize our guest experience, we are always looking to add more for guests. Also our staff takes a lot of pride and love their work, I’m happy we were able to show you through our service. When it comes to location we feel that we have the best of both worlds, we soon will have visibility from the main road, but we are in a key location to offer a quiet relaxing environment just a short drive to numerous amounts of retail stores and restaurants, also to the main attractions(theme parks). Again thank you from all of us at Liki Tiki Village, hope to see you soon.
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've just returned from a stay in one of the newly refurbished apartments at this resort and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodation. The apartment was clean and filled with modern conveniences including a washing machine, dryer and dishwasher which aren't always provided in other apartments I've stayed in. In addition, the hotel starts you off with a number of cleaning products which is a nice and convenient touch.

Our apartment included a double bedroom and an open plan lounge / diner /kitchen with a sofa bed. Although dubious about sleeping on the sofa bed, I was pleased to discover that it was one of the comfiest sofa beds I've ever slept on. The only downside was that the wall it backed onto was very thin and I was woken up at 6am every morning by the early risers next door. That being said, I am a light sleeper and once I got ear plugs, the noise wasn't too bad.
If I'm being picky about the accommodation, I would say that the fact that there's nowhere to hang your towels is a little frustrating and I wasn't overly struck on the bedding which had a variety of cigarette burns on it. However, that really is the worst I can come up with for the accommodation which really is perfectly acceptable.

My major gripe was with the standard of service. We arrived at 4am in the morning after a long flight delay only to find that there was no bedding for the sofa bed. When I phoned reception the lady on duty argued with me and insisted they'd left some there (they hadn't) before begrudgingly sending someone over who arrived about 30 mins later. This pretty much set the standard for the whole stay. Polite requests for a quilt, message left for a friend at the front desk and courtesy room to freshen up in before catching a late flight were all met with a refusal. In addition, the check out time is 10am, and at 9am they were banging on the door to hurry us out. With no courtesy room to clean up in (something I've never experienced before) if you'd spent the day by the pool waiting for a flight you'd feel very grubby on the way home!

The apartments are very conveniently located for all the major attractions and restaurants. As it was out of season and a little too cold for me, I didn't head to the pool during my stay although I heard it was nice and the tennis courts looked good when we drove past.

All in all, these are good apartments, and if they improve their customer service just a little, they have the potential to be great.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished apartments.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback, as well as the rating. Here at Liki Tiki Village amenities are a key component to accommodating our guest as best possible, including minor details that have big impacts such as but not limited to cleaning products, also our sofa beds are some of the most comfortable in the market just to assure you can rest after all the fun and excitement you experience throughout the day. We sincerely apologize for any disruption to your sleep, as we do understand some people are up earlier than others and at times can be a bit loud, we do have procedures to handle these type of situations, you just have to dial “0” from your room phone notify the front desk.

In regards to your check out, 10am check out is pretty much a standard check out time for most resorts, the fact that someone was at your door at 9am hurrying you and your family out is unacceptable and sincerely apologize from the highest of highs. I have since reading this reiterated to our staff when and how checkout is managed. We take pride in our customer service and you should receive nothing but the best of this service, I hope that you would be willing to give us another chance by choosing Liki Tiki Village for your next Florida vacation and allow us to show you why we are considered one of the best in this industry. Again Thank you so much for your input and rating.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Liki Tiki has a pretty tacky website, so we really didn't expect much but it was actually very nice! The water park and amenities are perfect for a family stay. The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty to do. Lots of planned daily activities. Publix is less than a mile away if you want to cook in your rental or there are probably 50 restaurants within five minutes. Of course, it is a time share resort and you are going to get the sales pitch, but that is to be expected. We would definitely stay here again and hope to soon!

Room Tip: Pretty loud if your room faces water park. More quiet rooms on outer perimeter are still an easy wal...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great feedback, We are happy you had a wonderful stay with us, it’s the most satisfying feeling knowing our guest enjoyed every aspect of their vacation, from the amenities in the units to the recreational activities within our property to the nearby attractions. Like most resorts in the area we are a time share resort, we do give are guest a brief presentation to offer vacation packages to our guest ensuring they are provided with the best deals and benefits for future vacations. Again thank you and hope to see you soon.
Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

10 minutes from Disney and a great find. Our room had all the amenities and none of the traffic that you would get from a Disney property. Great for a family with a really nice water park right on site.

Room Tip: Rooms up higher are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Simply well put! Thank you. Glad you were able to enjoy our own water park, it is so much fun for kids and adults alike with so many activities always going on. Again thank you, hope to see you on your next vacation to Orlando FL.
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here with my family when my mother dragged me to another one of her meetings. The hotel is extremely inexpensive. I like that room service was optional. They said you had to pay extra for it if you wanted it every day but I like that I did not have to worry about other people I did not know in the room going through my stuff. They have a pool side bar which is awesome at a family friendly hotel!!!! They do of course try to sell you a timeshare just like everyone else in this area. My parents decided to go to the meeting to get money to go to the magic kingdom. My husband and I do not make the required min income they wanted so I did not go. My parents were at this timeshare thing for like three hours when we were supposed to be at Disney world, so I do not recommend going to the presentation. It just gets in the way of doing the family vacation plans you came there to do. I am planning on staying at this hotel again, but I am not going to the timeshare meeting!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Well we sure are glad you vacationed with us here at Liki Tiki Village, we provide first class service at affordable prices. Our goal is to give our guest a memorable vacation, fun, relaxing and worry free, from our home away from home feel units to our water park with pool side restaurant/bar. During your stay at Liki Tiki Village we do ask that you attend a short presentation to make our guest fully knowledgeable of all the vacation options that are available, we do understand that your time is here is precious and it should be spent out enjoying the sun and the parks so we do our best to keep it brief. Thanks for your feed back its greatly appreciate it, hope to see you soon.
PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is great, I’ve to admit that I read some reviews that say otherwise, but in my case, my family loved it (we will definitely stay here again). We didn’t have a new unit, but, the one they gave us was in excellent condition, everything was OK. It had everything, it was like staying home. All the staff was very friendly (and I mean everybody), the facilities were great, and the kids love it. The only thing that I could complain is that you’ll have to drive like 20 to 25 minutes to get to the parks, but, we had a car, so it didn’t matter. There are a lot places near by, like small shopping mall, places to, etc. Overall the place is excellent and they keep it in excellent condition. If you’ve kids, this place is the best for all the family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are glad you gave us the opportunity to show you why we are the best choice for Florida vacationing, we make sure our rooms are as accommodating as possible to make you feel at home. Our friendly staff provide unparallel customer service to ensure you the best experience while staying with us, also we are just a short drive to all the main attractions giving you just enough space for a relaxing enjoyable vacation while on property. I hope your experience with us has convinced you to stay with us again on your next visit to Florida, thanks so much!!

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!