“Great place for families with small children.” 4 of 5 stars

Liki Tiki Village
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   17777 Bali Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34787   |
Ranked #20 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“Great place for families with small children.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was a little hesitant at first from some of the reviews I had read prior to arrival. Not sure what they were talking about BUT My trip was excellent (2 adults and a 3 year old). Checkin was smooth and uneventful. 1 bedroom condo was spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Lifeguards very watchful of the children at all times. Only set-back was lack of onsite dining. However, the hotel is 5-10min from any and all brand name restaurants you can think of. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012

1,610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I’ll start by saying Liki Tiki has a great water park but I wish it was open when we were there. With so much to do nearby we were not getting back until after dark and the waterpark was closed.
That being said, there is NOTHING negative to say about our stay here. We had two rooms in the 700 building, a single and a double, and they were perfect. One was on the top floor and one was on the bottom. The kitchen amenities were great, the bathrooms were great, the living areas were great, balcony was great, check in was quick, check out was easy, and so on. There are several department/grocery stores nearby and the road to Disney/Universal has every restaurant that exists it seems like. The drive to Disney was under 15 minutes and it was actually kind of nice to get out of that atmosphere at night, not to say anything about much cheaper. There are three nice swimming pools you can use after dark, and one of them had fantastic grills for guests use. There seems to be very good security at Liki Tiki.
Out of curiosity I looked at some of the negative reviews because I cannot understand giving this place a negative review. There seem to be a few common complaints that I did not experience.
1. Dirty room and bugs? Nope. Two perfect super clean rooms.
2. Thin walls and bad beds? Beds were great and you could hear the room next door if you were standing right by the connecting door but I didn’t stand there very often.
3. ‘Hard to find’ and ‘too far to Disney’? Are you kidding me????? It is right off of a main road. We were there for 12 days and it never took more than 15 minutes to get to Disney. And IN THIS DAY AND AGE, who does not have some form of navigation, or map reading skills, or internet connections to know where something is and how far it is from somewhere else? That is laughable.
4. A time share pitch bad experience? I told them I didn’t have time for it and no one mentioned it again.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Pass through the security gate and be greeted like family! The staff is friendly and eager to please. The villas are nicely decorated with a full kitchen and even inside washer and dryer in your unit. Plenty of pools, and onsite activities to keep you busy. Definitely will be back again next year!

• Stayed November 2012
New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After reading reviews months after months, i was shaking in my boots ! I thought i had made a bad choice, i thought i had booked a tiny little place in the back of the bushes filled with rodents and roaches. I was even preparing myself to sleep on the floor because of some reviews about the beds! My family and I just left Liki Tiki yesterday after staying a week, and it was beautiful ! I have a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old and we LOVED it! Liki Tiki is in the back of the bush, but it's a big place. We stayed in the 300 building and it was a one bed apt. with an all in one washer& dryer, good size fridge and stove also a sofa bed that was almost new. The place was spotless and no roaches! My kids loved the pools/mini water park. The staff was friendly we only dealt with them when we checked in and checked out.
THE ONLY BAD....
Was that this place was so hard to find! The Gps did not pick it up. it took us about two hours to find! I remember after studying the surroundings prior, i remember there was a Golden Corral near by, so i selected Golden corral - Irlo Bronson highway west , and drived up about 3 miles and on right there is a 7 11 on the corner . A sign needs to be placed on the main road. Other than that the place was wonderfull, i wish i did'nt have to leave! thanks Liki Tiki.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was our 2nd year in a row staying at the Liki Tiki. The first year we stayed a week. Kitchen came in very handy as we made our breakfast almost every morning. We had a great time this is why we returned again this year.
However, the check in staff was not as welcoming and as friendly as our first visit. And we got a phone call bright and early every morning for a time share seminar that I repeatedly made clear that we were not interested in.
The rooms are very spacious, but definitely needs a little updating. And when I booked the room originally, I requested a king size bed. Upon checking in, I was told there are not king size beds in the resort. And the queen size bed we had this time around was a little lumpy and uncomfortable.
Other than that, I feel this is a nice place to stay considering the price. I will definitely consider returning again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed over halloween, nice resort which is good for kids, my six year old + 20 month enjoyed it. they have a pool with slides with lifegaurads on duty plus a kids pool, they have another two pools in different areas of the resort which are deeper and better suited to adults. overall we had a great time, you do pay a resort fee which gets you wifi everyday ours did drop out a lot but prob just depends on where you are, at the front desk it was fine you also get use of the pedal boats, mini golf, bikes and fishing rods. They have a small park onsite for kids with a few slides and swings. Rooms were spacious and clean the hot tub was good, just note they charge extra for kids hi chair and a travel cot which we have never had to pay for before when visting orlando they usually come as standard. Publix is very close and wallmart is not that far away on highway 27. we really enjoyed our stay and Liki liki its great value for money

Room Tip: try and get a room away from the lift shaft less a/c unit noice..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were charged a resort fee of $55 after we checked out and were not told they were going to charge us. You better ask up front before you book a room. The rooms were nice and roomy. Resort play area is somewhat run down and mini golf really needs to be torn up and replaced. The night manager told us there would be no charges since we were not told up front about the resort fee.We were charged after we checked out so be careful at this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!