We visited the Liki Tiki Village in April 2012 and I wasn't sure what to expect, as last year we stayed in another "condo type" hotel and it was horrible, old, gross, etc. Anyway, this place blew the old one away.
We stayed in Building 1100, as I'd read on your website the buildings 1000 and up are the newer buildings. They were not right next to any pools, but there was only a small walk-- basically across the parking lot to the large water area. Our "room" was great--the furniture seemed new, the kitchen was great and bedroom was nicely furnished. Also the carpet was fine, as that was one of my main concerns. The waterpark area was great for my 5 year old, plenty of slides, volleyball and such. He wanted to go all the time. We tried one of the other pools and it was fine too--one good thing is that the pools were warm, not ice cold. We didn't use housekeeping, just washed the towels in the washer/dryer. The price was very good when we booked too. We didn't have time to do the paddleboats, surry bikes or mini golf, so I can't review that but we saw people doing all 3 and it looked fun. We didn't try the pool restaurant, but it seemed to be very busy. There was plenty of parking--we never had to park far from the elevator. The security people were very nice, and it was nice to have security when entering the area. We stayed on the 3rd floor and there was only a small amount of noise coming from the adjoining rooms. We only heard them twice.
Here are just a few small, MINOR things that come to mind: the kitchen floor was kind of sticky. This wasn't a huge deal, as I wore my flip flops a lot and had my son wear socks, as I usually do when staying at a hotel. Also, the waterpark closes too early for us--if you are out doing anything that day, it is hard to get back and get in before they close. We didn't have any type of bug problem except one day I left something out that wasn't completely closed up (MY FAULT), it had small ants in the box. We just threw it away and I never saw another ant. The front desk people were very nice, but they didn't seem to have enough staff to cover the guests and the constantly ringing phone. Lastly, the washer/dryer is TINY--you can wash about 4 things in a load. I'm not complaining, mind you, as it is very nice to even have one to begin with.
The pro's really outweighed the con's by a mile at this place. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend the place to any friends/family (especially with children) that are going to Florida. Oh, if you use the jets in the tub, there is an automatic cleaner/blower that makes the jets come on a few times after you get out. It is pretty loud with no water in the tub. Just FYI....
- Also Known As:
- Liki Tiki
- Liki Tiki Village Resort
- Liki Tiki Resort
- Liki Tiki Hotel
- Liki Tiki Village Orlando
- Liki Tiki Village Kissimmee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 64-acre gated resort features spacious one- two- and three-bedroom fully furnished condos all with living room, dining area, full kitchens, and washer/dryers located in the heart of Orlando only seven miles from Walt Disney World®. You can kick back and relax at our Liki Tiki Lagoon Water Adventure water park on-site. This 220,000-gallon water park features five water slides, a simulated wave pool, waterfall, an erupting volcano, spouting tiki heads, dancing fountains, poolside Bar and Grill, and a toddlers' area. KIDS FREE AAA 3 DIAMOND. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Liki Tiki Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.