Read on if you would like to know what to expect of your condo. We stayed in the 700 building, which had been recently renovated, in a 2 bedroom condo. The condo itself is a bit dated in the kitchen with the cabinetry and florescent lighting, but it felt really ended up feeling like home. The carpet, like people have mentioned was looking a bit dirty, but I didn't mind to much for the price. Everything else was pretty clean including the beds which had nice clean sheets and were very comfortable. The air conditioning worked wonderfully, especially for a week that was hitting 90 degrees!
The kitchen was equipped with the basics and we were able to do all we wanted with what was there -Full refrigerator, freezer with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, a few pots and sauce pans, a block knife set on the counter -with steak knives and other knives. A coffee maker with 1 coffee packet -if you are a coffee drinker you will need to bring coffee and filters. A blender, a 4 slot toaster, a cutting board and a few basic serving and cooking utensils -the basics, but all we needed.
Included in our room was a couple rolls of toilet paper (one set for each bath), hand bar soap, body soap, shampoo and conditioner, towels, wash clothes, hand towels, POOL towels (if you loose these you have to pay for a replacement), liquid dish soap and new scrub sponge, 1 (or 2) dishwasher detergent packs, 2 laundry soap packs. I would recommend taking a small amount of dishwasher detergent (or tabs) if you plan to eat in some, it's nice to run the dishwasher and not worry about running out. I also bought laundry detergent and some fabric softener sheets. They also had a few trash bags so you could empty the trash every couple days.
Yes the pool hours are limited from 10am to dusk, but there are plenty of other things to do like mini golf, shuffleboard, ride the 2 or 4 person bikes, tennis, basketball, and they have a small playground for the kids. The reason for the "lagoon" or waterpark to close at dusk is for safety of the kids swimming.
We ate a Shipwreck Sally's after hearing about the all you can eat fish fry on Friday nights. It was a great meal to have for our last night. The food was good.
Although we were right near the basketball and tennis courts, I never had trouble sleeping. Things always seemed to quiet down around 10pm every night and even though we were right next to a family we could only hear them during the day (through the adjoining rooms).
We did have a large grasshopper-type bug that we caught and put outside along with a little lizzard that got in! :) But, we just made sure not to leave the doors open and keep the lights off when you are entering at night. It's Florida, there ARE bugs people!
They have a small vacuum and broom with dustpan. That was nice to have to help clean up after eating (kids).
We had a couple small problems (one, our vacuum wasn't working properly) and we simply called the number listed near the phone and almost immediately someone was knocking at our door to help us out (replacement vacuum). So, if you have any problems, just call. They want to make sure you are happy.
The only complaint is that the internet was extremely slow -but luckily, my husband was there on vacation and really didn't need to do business. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 64-acre gated resort features spacious one- two- and three-bedroom fully furnished condos all with living room, dining area, full kitchens, and washer/dryers located in the heart of Orlando only seven miles from Walt Disney World®. You can kick back and relax at our Liki Tiki Lagoon Water Adventure water park on-site. This 220,000-gallon water park features five water slides, a simulated wave pool, waterfall, an erupting volcano, spouting tiki heads, dancing fountains, poolside Bar and Grill, and a toddlers' area. KIDS FREE AAA 3 DIAMOND. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Liki Tiki Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liki Tiki Hotel
- Liki Tiki Village Orlando
- Liki Tiki Village Kissimmee