“Traveling with Children? U will Love Liki Tiki!” 5 of 5 stars

Liki Tiki Village
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   17777 Bali Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34787   |
Ranked #27 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Pembroke, Georgia
“Traveling with Children? U will Love Liki Tiki!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Just got home from Kissimmee. Let me just say this is the best place to stay if you have small children. The staff was very helpful and pleasent. The grounds was very clean and nice! Our room was great, very clean! We stayed in 732F, 700 building...3rd floor. The condo was a 1 bedroom with a pull ou couch, kitchen, 1 bathroom, washer and dryer. They also had limited dishes and cooking ware. Overall it was a wonderful place and we will return this summer!
Wal-mart is right around the corner, Take 192 towards Clermont get off on the Clermont exit. Wal-mart is about a mile or so on the right hand side. From the Resort it's about 2.4 miles total. I had a guest ask me where was the nearest Walmart, she was very greatful to know it was right around the corner.

Over all our stay I give this Resort an A++++

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
We would like to express our gratitude and thank you for taking the time and writing how your vacation was a positive one while at our resort. It fills us with excitement and joy to read that our team members were helpful and pleasant as well as able to provide you with the vacation experience deserved. As we mentioned before, thank you for your review and assistance on the directions to other guests, we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We saved and planned this trip 3 months in advance. Out of all the resorts in Orlando, we chose this one. A vacation is just that, a vacation away from the day in and day out stresses at home. Repairs, isssues, dealing with people issues. Our first night was great and then we woke up for our first full day.....storm came through in a.m. and cleared out by 2pm. Tried to rent a bike (we paid fees in advance) and all rentals were closed. Water slides did not work and lots of repairs were taking place on property. These are things that stand out the second you have one bad experience. Same day, later in the afternoon we go down to grill (grills that we were told to use) and 2 of 4 would not light, egnitor broken. The other 2 were being used by 1 family....so, up I go to call again about my frustration (starting to feel like I am not on vaca). They send maintenance to light the grill. After drinking a couple glasses of wine I was able to relax.
Day 2....we go out for the day and come back to make dinner and end the day with American Idol, NOT SO FAST! The hot water in the kitchen sink would not turn off...continuous flow. We shut it down from the main valve, and again!! called for maintenance. After 2 hours they replaced the faucet. I had enough at this point. My husband and I agreed that we wanted to check out the next day and go where we could enjoy what was left of our vacation! Talked to the Ops Mgr and after being told that it would be our choice to leave so no refund, I argued as any person would and finally after a long debate, he agreed to give the credit. As I stated in my "Title"....2 weeks and still NO REFUND on those two nights. When I called last Thursday (week after we left) the credit had not even been initiated! Now after being "promised" again for a credit (expedited) still NOTHING! I have left him another message! I have been a store manager for 15 years and honestly could not imagine what customer base I would have with this type of service! Beyond frustrated and definitely the worst experience I have EVER had and I paid for it!!!! They are doing nothing "extra" just simply (at some point) refunding for the 2 nights we DID NOT stay! I advise anyone to go elsewhere, there are too many to choose from and I suggest any by RCI! We stayed twice at an RCI resort and both times were awesome, not one issue!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Our management team would like to thank you for the time taken and writing how your vacation was perceived while at our resort. We do apologize and are disappointed to learn that our amenities and accommodations were less than a positive experience for you. Our management team reviewed your observations and was able to rectify the igniters at the grills as well as minor unexpected repairs to our water park slides which are now fully operational. It saddens us to read that the weather was a deterrent to your stay and do hope the next time you visit the weather conditions are the best for your enjoyment. As we mentioned previously, thank you for your time and do hope you would give our resort a second opportunity.
Gainesville, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Ok so, here is how it went.... Check in was a quick but only because we told the girl at the parking permit/ timeshare hoopla we needed to go check in because I wasn't feeling well which was the truth. She was very reluctant to let us go and never showed any sympathy for my ill state, but that's ok no harm. If we had stayed to listen to her talk, it would have been much longer judging form the others in front of us.
We had a 1 br 1 bath in the 700 building. Everything was renovated and the condo was clean. No signs of bug problems, but remember this was April not July. :) We had a very nice view of the lake and the balcony was peaceful and good sized. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was fine. The pull out sofa bed was new, in fact, I would say probably never slept on. Nice flat screen tvs in the living room and bedroom. They provided us with enough supplies (tp,soap, etc) to last us our whole stay of 6 nights. The only real negative of the condo was the adjoining door to the next condo. Yes, they have adjoining condos like some hotels do. I was quite surprised when we were sitting in the living room and could hear everything the people next door were saying! I mean they might as well have been in the same room as us. Which leads me to my observation... we got a great deal on this condo and so do most others that rent here so you may want to think about that as far as who you are renting with. I mean the clientele was not the most savory I must admit. Some families, but also some people who enjoyed drinking it up at the tiki bar and being very loud and obnoxious, Just an observation I made :)
Anyway, the location is good because you have plenty of shopping close by yet you are not in the heart of the crazy traffic. The Sherberth Rd shortcut is a lifesaver for Disney.
The amenities were a joke. The swimming pool with the slides was closed most of our stay and at least one or two slides closed the whole time. Things were faded and you could tell in need of some work. They do have lifeguards present which is a nice touch. The mini golf was just terrible and I think it must have flooded recently because it was wet and sand was washed up all over the green areas. One of the docks was sunk as well which was quite an eyesore. Since the water park pool wasn't working properly, we spent most of our time at the pool at the front office. It was nice and they had a small tiki bar and music playing. This is where we experienced the loud patrons that were seemingly quite inebriated. The pool was not terribly clean, but not terrible and the hot tub was being replaced while we were there so construction was going on which kind of squelched most relaxation. I know this is long, but I wanted to explain what we experienced because these are things I would want to know. We are not terribly picky people and I knew this would not be a 5 star resort when we got there, but some things don't have to be this way. Over all we had a good stay, but I do feel this "resort" is far from a resort and while they seem to be trying to upgrade some things they still have a long way to go before it meets the standards they are claiming. Maybe in a couple of years if they get everything upgraded. If you are wanting to stay here just for a place to lay your head between Disney parks, this place would be fine. If you are planning to use the amenities and stay at a resort, you may want to look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for flat screen tvs and newly renovated.
Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time spent and to provide us with feedback on how our service and amenities were perceived by you.

We do apologize and are disappointed to learn that our amenities were less than a positive experience for you. Our management team is reviewing your observations and will rectify the problems encountered as described by you while on property. As we mentioned previously, thank you for your time and do hope you would give our resort a second opportunity.
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Let me preface by saying we did stay in a two bedroom condo in the 1400 block. We were told this was the newer of the blocks. We stayed in 1411E, if you can request that room you won't be sorry.

I just want to start by saying how wonderful this place was, after reading the negative reviews that may I say I stressed over so thank you for all of those nay sayers out there who obviously are extremely picky. Our condo was spotless, I couldn't even find a spec of dust anywhere like some people reported. It was nicely tiled with neutral colors, there were LCD tv's in each of the bedrooms and one in the living room.

The master bedroom had an awesome shower, that had three shower heads one being a rain drop style. The second bedroom had two full size beds with a full bathroom next to it. The bathroom had a jacuzzi style bathtub with shower.

The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed from pots and pans to silverware. They also included dishsoap and garbage bags for your trash. Washer and dryer were behind two paneled doors with detergent.

There was a little enclosed porch with a table so you could sit out. The view was nothing to write home about but we didn't care. We didn't use it at all actually.

The staff was wonderful, from the gate security guards to the front desk to the actual maids you encountered from time to time. We did not encounter miserable workers like some had stated. Noone acted like we were bothering them at all. We felt safe because it was a gated resort, that they seemed to be very strict with who came in.

The waterpark area, was wonderful!! It was on the smaller side, but it was perfect for my daughter (8) and my son (4). It didn't seem overly crowded and we were always able to get a lounger right up front. You didn't need to get up early and put your towels down, which by the way if you are not down there and you try doing that they will take your towels away and put them off to the side. We found that out, guess that's a no no. Which I can understand it isn't really fair. Like I said you really don't even need to do that. Sunday afternoon seemed to be the busiest there, they have a Dj that gets people movin and dancing. That was the only time you might have an issue getting a chair.

Shipwreck Sally's was nice. Food was your typical, burger and fries. Full bar as well, with nice frozen drinks to sip on by the pool.

Close to Disney, about a 10-15 min drive. I consider that close I guess, staying on the actual Disney property would have doubled our cost and for just a simple hotel room.

Maybe we just lucked out, but we did not see one bug in our condo. The grounds were well maintained. We had no issue with our internet service it was not slow at all. Our room keys never failed us. Ohhhh and not ONE and I mean not ONE person talked to us about a time share. We had three messages the whole time we were there on our phone and they were inviting us to a Karoake night, fish fry, and to get a complimentary photo of our family. I have to say that we didn't pick up the welcome package at the front desk so maybe we would have encountered someone asking about a time share but some people said they had constant phone calls asking them to come to a seminar. Didn't happen to us. A couple we spoke to at the pool said they were asked once and when they politely declined that was the last time they were asked. We also were not charged any "resort fee" Unless it was bundled into our price, we were not charged any.

All and all we had a wonderful time and plan on staying there again. I wish that I wouldn't have taken all of the negative reviews to heart, I would have saved myself alot of stress and was very close to not staying here. If I can answer anyones questions please let me know, I would be happy to.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1411E, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback on how our resort positively impacted your vacation. From our management team, thank you and hope we see you soon.
tuxedo park ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

My Husband, My 7 year old. And Myself, Had the Best Time Ever. The Resort was wonderful and very Pleasant atmosphere. We stayed a week during winter Break.. My Son LOVED the Pool My Husband Loved the Water and all it amenties were fabulous.I think they could of had a little music by the pool.We took atvantage ofall the amenties we even saw a crocodile show from Gatoreland,, My son was so Happy the entire trip..We stayed in the 800 Building 2 bedroom very spacious clean, kitchen was fine .I needed an extra large frying pan so the Housekeeping service provided me w another one ..The living room dining area laundry in room was fine as well..Comfortable beds< the tub in master Bedroom was excellent for a relax after the Parks.. I would definatly go back to Liki Tiki and Highly reccommend this place..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Our Liki Tiki Management team would like to thank you for the time taken while writing your review and are excited to read that your vacation while at our resort was a positive one. Thank you once again and hope we see you and your family real soon.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on here. But i quickly realized that some people you just can't please(probably rich snobs) Liki tiki was great! my 5 year old and 12 year old were thrilled. They have 2 pools, one is just a pool and the other is a mini water park. The water park was great! the black slide (which i rode about 50 times myself) was super fast! The water was warm and my 5 year old who was usually afraid of the water actually learned to swim at liki tiki! The 2 bedroom villa was huge! and CLEAN! No bugs,no dirty sheets nothing!

It is NOT in the middle of nowhere either, it's just off route192 which is a major road loaded with places to eat, shop, and have a blast! I don't understand what people are talking about. Security was friendly, helpful and took their job's seriously. One in fact greeted me with "welcome back" every time i returned to ltv. The only real problem we had was at check in. After you check in they tell you to go to the desk behind you for your parking permit for the week. It's actually a time share thing and the rude girl behind the desk tried to get her to buy something and after my wife informed her that we were a low income family and could not afford a time share, the rude girl replied,"well then you will be treated badly if you don't buy something here" They will treat you bad if you don't buy a time share. Who say's that? The only other issue was the hot tub being closed for allmost our entire stay, but with a lot of teens there we only had one shot at the hot tub anyway. They tend to "hog" it. Ha ha...but anyway. Our villa was super clean and the a.c. was amazing as it was hot during our stay. Washer and dryer were great, the master bedroom was big and the bed was huge! we loved our stay in liki tiki and would go back tomorrow if we could. After reading some bad reviews before we left we were a little worried, but my wife called down there before we went and asked the girl if they had a bed bug problem and she was honest with my wife and did say they had a outbreak about 2 years ago but so did all of the resorts in florida. She assured my wife the rooms are inspected regularly and we believe they do. Overall our stay was amazing and liki tiki was an amazing place to stay! I highly recomend it to anybody.

We paid $330 a person for air,and 7 day's in liki tiki and sea world and discovery cove( discovery cove was awesome, sea world was a rip off though) For the price we paid we got way more then we thought we would get. If you have a family stay at liki tiki village you will not be disappointed. Safe,clean,spacious. Loved it!

Room Tip: I suggest booking a villa.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
From the management team at Liki Tiki Village, we would like to thank you for the time taken on writing a review and are excited to hear that your vacation experience was a positive one and we were able to create an impact on your stay.

We are glad to read that your child learned how to swim while at our resort. We do apologize for the inconvenience mentioned on your review and will reiterate that the same has been submitted to our management team to correct the same and will like to inform that the hot tub was refurbished and repaired for your future enjoyment. Once again, thank you for your review and hope to see you really soon.
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The trip started out great at check in.The desk clerk moved us to an even better room than the one we had reserved (did not even request it). We were on an 8 night family vacation.
We were notifed that my mother was dying two days into our stay, and we had to leave immediately. The front desk staff, Theresa Fernandez, was so helpful and supportive. She faxed the funeral arrangements for us and took it upon herself to contact us later to check on us. This was above and beyond the call of duty. Even the lifeguards were friendly and played with my disabled son in the pool. We look forward to returning to enjoy another family vacation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
We would like to begin by expressing our condolences for the passing of your mother and would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review of our resort and staff.

We are glad to read that our staff was understanding and assisted you on a time of need. As we mentioned previously, thank you for your review and do hope we see you soon.

Been to Liki Tiki Village? Share your experiences!