“Spacious, well-equipped and luxurious townhome” 5 of 5 stars

You added Coral Cay Resort to your Saves list
Coral Cay Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2300 Caravelle Circle, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Amersfoort
“Spacious, well-equipped and luxurious townhome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

For a traveller from Europe who is used to small apartments, the sheer space and extensive equipment in these nice townhomes was a more than pleasant surprise. Checking in after hours took some time and some phone calls, but thereafter we had a wonderful holiday at an unbeatable price.
Coral Cay's location may not be prime with regard to distance to the theme parks (about 25 minutes), but that is more than balanced by its price and the amenities it provides. It is close to several malls, supermarkets and the pretty Shingle Creek Regional Park, which is well worth a visit. The community grounds are well maintained. Our house overlooked the duck pond in the center where sometimes otters can be seen. The communal pool was clean and provides a great place to relax, meet some fellow guests or to play with the kids. There are also some play areas, but they can get very hot in the afternoon sun.
Our townhome was very spacious, clean and well maintained. The three bedrooms and bath rooms provided ample space for everybody. One minor detail was that A/C cannot be set per room, but is set for the whole house. This can be inconvenient if some members of your party want a different temperature in their bedroom. Towels and linen were provided in great quantities. A nice touch was the small package of laundry detergent for the first spin. The kitchen was fully stocked and had all the necessary equipment (toaster, microwave, coffee maker, etc). All bedrooms and the living room had cable tv. The living room also had a DVD player. Free wireless internet is included in the house. The jacuzzi on the back porch could easily contain four adults. When it became a little dirty, the caretaker came to clean it the same morning.
All in all, we could not have hoped for a better place to stay for our Florida vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found your unit to be spacious and comfortable. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Orlando.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Thompsonville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Came during spring break, would not stay again. 4 years ago we stayed at the Fountains - much nicer than Coral Cay.
. Pros to Coral Cay compared to the Fountains.
1) private parking
2) own hot tub on patio (no directions on how to use)
3) own grassy area.
4) condo larger than the Fountains

Cons
1) very dirty furniture and carpet
2) site showed game room within condo with gaming console and fooseball table - had none of these, son was very dissapointed!
3) very high chlorine in water and towels had such a strong bleach odor - it was over powering.
4) very very limited kitchen supplies.
5) washer did not work - filled with water and then just quit.
6) only some of the jets worked on the hot tub (no instructions on how to use)
7) tv's were very old and the one in the living room constantly flickered.
8) pool area was very very small - not much fun for kids.
9) needed more clothes hangers in closets.

We will make a different choice next time we visit Orlando

M

Room Tip: Stayed in a south side condo #2438- private with no condos behind us
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing. We apologize that your experience at Coral Cay did not exceed your expectation. However, your feedback is greatly appreciated, and will be shared with our management team for future improvements. Thanks again.
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family had a brilliant time at Coral Cay and would not hesitate to stay again. We stayed for 11 days in mid-March 2013.

I read the negative reviews below and we simply did not have the issues they had with management. The suggestion of a deadbolt is a good one. All of the units are on a lockbox system, so we were conscious of security. It is a gated community and all the units looked active when we were there (2013 Spring Break) - there may have been foreclosures in the past, but this is not an issue today.

The complex is well maintained and office was staffed late at night. Our DVD player wasn't working, so they replaced it the next day. No problems with our hot tub - there is one attached to each unit, in addition to the hot tub and pool with club house. So nice to soak after walking all day.

A highlight was watching a movie in the club house - the theatre is top-notch. You need to ask the office to start the movie, so no controls in the room, but this was a minor inconvenience. First come, first served, so better to plan your movie earlier in the evening, plus it closes at 9pm. We were able to enjoy the theatre on our second try. After several days in the park, my family really wanted to watch a Disney movie. The office has a limited selection, so we ended up purchasing a movie while in the parks. In the future we would bring a DVD from home.

Club house also has a pool, pool table and lounge area, which we didn't use.

The townhouse itself was perfect for us. I have two daughters 17 and 11, and each of them had their own room. My wife and I had our own master bedroom with ensuite. We both remarked that it would have been very difficult to stay together for 11 days in a regular hotel room with two beds.

Lots of dishes and a full kitchen, so we saved a lot of money by eating in for most meals. It is so expensive to eat in the parks. Having a washer and dryer was excellent. The resort provides soap for one cycle, so you need to purchase some supplies with your groceries.

It takes 16-25 minutes to get to the parks, depending on traffic. It was lovely to walk out front to our car versus waiting for elevators and trying to find our car in a parking structure. Parking is $15 per day at Disney parks, so include this in your budget considerations.

The unit was very clean (cleaned on check-in and check-out, not during your stay), but lived-in. For example, the carpets had a couple of stains. If you have the mindset that you are staying in someone's house rather than expecting the perfection of a hotel room, you'll have a great time.

We had such a good time, my wife and I started looking at townhouses when we arrived home. Maintaining a house and yard seemed like so much work after living on the complex.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 2405 and had no problems.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, it sounds like you took advantage of the many amenities that we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit!
Central VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked Coral Cay for the creature comforts of the kitchen, extra bathrooms and washer dryer.
The condo was VERY clean. Yes, there are a few stains on the furniture but that is what happens to rentals. The furniture and carpets were clean. Stains were not a big deal at all. Kitchen well equipped with plenty of eating utensils, bowls, cups, glasses, plates and cookware.
Hot tub was very clean and well maintained.
There are plenty of nearby chain restaurants, Target (this one I do not recommend) WalMart and grocery stores.
I had a stroller delivered and there were no problems.
We borrowed a vacuum cleaner on the last night to pack our luggage in space bags. Easy peasy.
Papa Johns delivers.
A few cons: it is close to Disney but it is about a half hour drive with traffic. After day four this was getting old. We will probably stay a touch closer next trip. Just personal preference.
Coral Cay starts you out with toilet paper, paper towels, detergent, some trash bags, etc. But if you need more you will need to provide them yourself.
I wish they would notify guests prior to arrival of the gate code process.
Front staff is very nice but a packet of information for guests would be handy. Trash disposal, gate code access prior to arrival, expectations, rules and regulations. There is a basic print out when you check in of codes for the condo, wifi (which works great) and so forth. But other details would be very helpful.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Coral Cay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We spent 2 nights there last October in 2012. The townhouse was very nice with two floors and a hot tub. It had three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a playroom with its own tv. It had a fully equipped kitchen and lovely lake view. Well maintained inside and out. It did have a bedroom downstairs which was a plus for a handicapped person, however, the bathrooms are not handicapped friendly. There was not enough space for a wheelchair if you are wheelchair bound. I walk with a cane, so I figured it would be ok to get in and out of the tub/shower without too much trouble. The bathrooms have no grab bars and the tile floors are very slippery. A bath rug is not provided so a towel type mat is given. I stepped out of the tub, just one foot on the towel mat and my leg slid under me, causing me to fall hard on the tile floor since there was nothing to grab on to. With the help of a family member, I had to scoot on the floor to the bedroom where there was carpeting to get up from the floor. I suggest that you call ahead if you have any handicap issues also, it might be a good idea to bring a little bath rug to step in and out of the tub/shower. All in all it is a lovely and convenient place, but for now not a place I would recommend to handicapped people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your townhouse. However, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay at Coral Cay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be considered for future improvements. Thanks again.
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'll start with the good parts. Coral Cay offers huge multi-bedroom townhomes with private hot tubs for just a little bit more than the cost of a mid-range hotel room in the area. The playgrounds, pool, and community hot tub were all nice.

Now for the real experience. The condition of the place was pretty poor, but I'll save that for last because this experience was most important. On our second to last day at Coral Cay, my wife and two kids (age 2 and 4) were at the unit alone while I was gone to work. The front door deadbolt was locked. A Coral Cay employee used a key to enter the house. He didn't knock, ringing the doorbell or otherwise announce his presence. My wife happened to be by the front door at the time. He asked if someone had called about the TV (we had, but 6 days earlier, and this gentleman was the one who came down at that time to resolve the issue). My wife of course asked him to leave, and he did. She spent the last 2 days of our vacation scared every minute of someone coming in to the unit uninvited. I immediately called the front office and was told that the front desk clerk would look into it. A few minutes later I got a return call saying that he figured it out, and the maintenance guy just went to the wrong unit. Oops! I explained why this was a VERY big deal. He just said it was a mistake and that was it. I emailed Coral Cay customer service saying I had a very serious issue, explained the situation, and asked for a representative of management to reply as soon as possible. At check out, two days later, the on site manager said that he "had been trying to get ahold of me" about the issue. He said that he was sorry for the mistake. I explained that this could easily have been avoided if they had 1) had a policy to have every employee knock AND ring the bell before entering a unit, like EVERY hotel I've ever stayed in other than this one and/or 2) installed a chain or security bolt that can only be unlocked form the inside on each unit. He said that the units are individually owned and Coral Cay can't control what's inside the unit. This is why my family and I will never return to Coral Cay or any other staySky property again. If you need more reasons, here is a description of a few of the other issues we had while we were there.

It took 2 1/2 days (over 25% of my vacation) and way too many phone calls to the office to get the hot tub hot. It started out at 72 degrees when we arrived. They eventually replaced the heater. The TV emitted a loud, high-pitched electronic squeal about 50% of the time it was on. The master bedroom sheets were clearly slept in when we arrived (dark curly hairs, chunks of what appeared to be boogers, etc.). Most of the clean dishes in the pantry had chunks of dried food stuck to them. The place was generally just run down (carpets were absolutely filthy, huge stains on the couches and chairs, badly run down furniture). There was nothing to darken the bedrooms, so our young kids were up with the sun at 6am each morning until I hung the quilts over the windows (thank goodness I brought duct tape!). The final insult was that after we returned home we realized that we left my daughter's special blankie, stuffed animal and night light behind, sitting on the bed in her bedroom. No one answered at Coral Cay the first 5 times I called -- I was calling from my cell phone that the Coral Cay staff recognized on their caller ID. After the 5th attempt, I immediately called back from my office phone and they picked up on the 1st ring. They said they would look into the missing items and call back. That was a week ago. The items weren't of any value to anyone but my daughter. The overall lack of professionalism from the staff and the manager were extremely disappointing. On our next trip to Orlando, I'll gladly pay a little bit more to get two smaller rooms at a better managed property. Feeling unsafe makes the savings at Coral Cay not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay at Coral Cay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments, and assure you that your comments will be given to the proper departments for further review. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay.
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Coral Cay last summer for a week. Although the overall reviews were good, it remained thrilling what we would find. And what a surprise it was! We stayed with are two children and had plenty of space. The kids loved the jacuzzi on the patio and so did we. The park is located in a very quiet area but within 5 minutes you are in the heart of kissimmee.
For anyone reading this, do not hesitate. The houses are beautifully decorated and very clean. The only thing missing upon our arrival was a baby cot which we requested. But within minutes it was arranged (thanks Jomal, you were great!). We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a house at the centre lake. There you can even see cranes walking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We’re thrilled to hear that our resort exceeded your expectations! We’re glad you and your family were able to enjoy our great amenities and close proximity to all of the Kissimmee attractions! We appreciate your feedback on your vacation experience and welcome you to stay with us on your next visit. See you soon!

Been to Coral Cay Resort? Share your experiences!