“Problems with the cleaning” 4 of 5 stars

You added Westgate Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Westgate Vacation Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7700 Westgate Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Sao Paulo, SP
“Problems with the cleaning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The rooms are large and comfortable, many options of activities such as good fitness center, mini golf club, pools. The market at the hotel is helpful, but do not have many options, especially for babies, nothing for babies.
What I did not like was the cleaning of the room, the housekeeping only change towels and sometimes the sheet, there was no cleaning of the floor and baths. They did not reload toilet papers, shampoo as other hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our resort amenities. We take all of our guest’s comments into consideration as we are always looking for ways to improve our resort. We apologize if you encountered certain issues with housekeeping. As a timeshare resort, our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently however there is no excuse for the delays. We hope you allow us to provide you with service that meets your standards in the future.

Idalise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Harwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just stayed at Westgate town center January 3-10, 2014. Overall, we were very happy with this place. The check in process was definentally too long, especially at 11:30 pm. The rooms were clean, spacious, beds were comfortable. We went with two other families and used a four bedroom unit. Everyone was happy. Plenty of room for privacy, but two bedroom had a large table we could all hang out around and laundry was wonderful to use, although dryer was slow. The swan boats were not open due to low water levels, but we did mini golf, used playground, basketball courts, hot tubs, pools, everything was great. The on site store was reasonable, but Publix is close by. You need to know to pt trash outside and dirty towels. We were not told this, so I wasn't happy about lack of cleaning that happens while your there. Drafts restaurant was a disaster for us. Waitstaff was clueless about wine selections, no liquor menu, she forgot kids drinks, my two year old didn't get his macaroni and cheese until half an hour after everyone else, and we had to ask at least three different people to bring it. Drafts seems to be a better beer and appetizer place. We also wish the building numbers were lit on building so you could find it easier at night. The location is convenient to everything . Less than a half hour to any main attraction. The staff were all pleasant, albeit slow to handle requests for items wanting to be delivered to room. We would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in building 5600 and really liked the location. Could walk conveniently anywhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is great to hear that you were happy with the room and the room amenities. We are thrilled to hear that our staff was pleasant and able to assist you. We understand you had some issues during your stay. We take all of our guest’s comments into consideration as we are always looking to improve. Allow us to apologize with the issues at the restaurant. Thank you for choosing Westgate Resort and we look forward to having you back soon!

Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and I are middle aged retiree's but are young at heart and like being active. Everything at Westgate Town Center in Kissimmee has to offer we have been doing as a regular routine. We are staying here for several weeks and it feels like home. It is very clean, safe and close to everything you can imagine. Our only complaint is the TV programing they offer. This is why we couldn't rate this resort excellent. They could offer more of a variety to choose from, like the History Channel and MBMBC, so as to please everyone. Too much Fox News can ruin a vacation. We know what many would say, don't watch Fox News. But, we feel WG should cater to everyone, not just a few .

Room Tip: Always upgrade to a deluxe room at the Town Center. The deluxe rooms are excellent. Stay on the high...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our resort! Please know that our staff strives hard to accommodate all of our guests. We take all of our guest’s comments into consideration as we are always looking for way to improve. Thank you for choosing Westgate Resorts and we hope to see you soon!

SUMMERFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have now spent 616 nights at a Westgate resort. I love it! Have I had any problems over the 25 years? Yes. Has someone from Westgate always taken care of the situation? Yes. I have to say, overall, I am definitely a satisfied Westgate owner. I have seen long check-in times, and times when I walk right up to the desk. I find the same situation in most places. I walk into some motels right to the desk, but other times (such as traveling this holiday season to get here, and I almost always drive) where it takes what seems to be way too long to get checked in.

I've checked into rooms/units that needed a 'touchup', but I've found that can happen everywhere I go. A phone call to the front desk (or housekeeping, or whatever), and someone is always ready to take care of it. I do find that Westgate seems more serious than most motels to get it taken care of NOW. This is at least my perception.

I also find it strange that some folks complain about the weather (cold) as if anyone in Florida can regulate it. I'll do my best to enjoy my time away from the North at this time of year. I enjoy being away.

As I usually drive, getting around is not really an issue. If (& when) I do fly, I rent a car for the best in flexability, mobility, and travel independence.

I also am fully aware of the fact the sales personal are going to try to sell, or upgrade, or increase my real estate holdings. I am okay with this. I really like to hear them out and see what the latest offering happens to be. I've also taken advantage of increasing my fractional ownership more than once. This is how I've been able to spent 88 weeks in a Westgate resort over 25 years (trivia: that's 1.7 years of my life). I expect to spend many more weeks before I can't travel anymore. After 25 years of being a 'Westgator' I've also joined an exchange company and will take advantage of being able to go other places in the world.

In summary, is/has everything always been perfect with Westgate? No. Is it anywhere? Do I enjoy my visits in a Westgate operated property? Absolutely. Will I return? You bet! And again, and again, and...

Room Tip: To me, there is no such thing as a 'bad' room at Westgate. I come from the North and this is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank for being a Westgate Owner for the past 25 years and trusting us with your vacation time. It means a lot to be able to hear from our valued owners and to truly understand the difference that we make in their vacation time. We are proud to continue to provide you with your vacations and thank you for the opportunity assist you and help you with the issues that have arisen over the years. We look forward to many more vacation memories with you and your family.
Sincerely
Lucía
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I didn't have any of the difficulties other guest reviewers had. We checked in around 8 pm, there was no line. We were immediately helped by Jean Paul Daza who was efficient, polite, friendly and expedited our check-in.
There was no time share sales offer at check in. None.
I didn't even see anyone to ask, had I wanted to.
The pools are great, the resort is half empty.
The owners breakfast isn't worth the effort, just eat cereal in your room - even the coffee is mediocre.
The rooms are fantastic, no bugs, very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Director of Sales at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad our staff was able to assist you and provide you with a smooth check-in. It is good to know that you enjoy our pools and clean units. We hope we can provide you with many memorable vacations in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The location was close to the park and the malls. The resort was clean. It give a sens of security. There was a lot of restuarants close by.
For the propose of my vacation with my famely the resort give all kind of oppertunities to enjoy your vacation. There is a quit neibour.the rooms was clean the beds where great.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and you were able to take advantage of everything you wanted while in the area. It is great to hear that you also enjoyed our clean rooms and accommodations. On behalf of the entire Westgate Staff, thank you for choosing Westgate Resorts and we hope to see you soon!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The resort is large and spacious. The on-site activities are many. Would stay again. The Town Center lobby was a bit busy with check-in and tour presentation activities. However, the resort itself is spacious and did not feel crowded.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our resort and our on-site activities! We feel honored that you will be returning and look forward to your next stay with us!

Idalise

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!