“Awful Hospitality” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7700 Westgate Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
New York City, New York
“Awful Hospitality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I guess this place is nice by first glance, but just a week here and I can't believe how ridiculous these people are! They say we get a free breakfast but does it really matter when the food is not really edible or healthy? The only good thing was the coffee AFTER I added six packs of sugar. They also give a free owners bbq BUT there is very limited food option especially for vegetarians or anyone who cares about their health.

The Activities Center says that it's opened until eight, but be warned that the people that work there actually close an hour early (sometimes even earlier). We got there at 6:55 and they refused to rent out boats or let us go mini golfing (which would take 30 mins max). What made us feel even worse was that right as we walked in people were walking out holding golf clubs, so I don't understand why we weren't allowed to golf or rent out boats. It's just false advertisement, they should say "Closes at eight but we're lazy so we start packing up an hour (+) earlier".

It just seems that every year they are cutting back on things and I regret being an owner of a timeshare here. Be warned if you're considering buying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments as we are always looking for areas to progress. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and the issues you experienced are not our usual standard of service. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to go beyond your anticipations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a one bedroom suite with a Jacuzzi located on the 2nd floor. Upon our check in we realized that our room had not been cleaned from the previous tenants so we contacted the front desk who asked us to return. We were then given another room that was completely fixed and clean. We were happy with our new accommodations. There was plenty of room. The suite included a kitchen, dining area, living room area, bedroom, 2 baths and a Jacuzzi. The kitchen was stocked with all the basic necessities. The hotel offers many different activities but we spent so much time between Disney and Universal that we didn't get to experience them.
This place offers time share purchasing opportunities and really pushes them. We were not interested in purchasing anything as we were on our honeymoon but we were repeatedly called
every morning around 7 am to go to some seminar where they explain the whole ins and outs of their timeshares. At one point, while visiting one of the parks my husbands cell phone began ringing. The voice mail was from someone at the hotel regarding another one of their seminars.
Overall we very much so enjoyed our stay. We found the property to be well maintained and the staff extremely nice and accommodating. I just wish they wouldn't push their time shares as much as they did.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay! We are glad that are staff was able to accommodate your needs and you enjoyed our rooms. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the sales staff. It is definitely not our intention to make you feel pressured in any way from anyone on our staff; however, we do offer the opportunity to all of our guests and owners to take a tour and with that, receive certain incentives, with no obligations. It is our hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing stay.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Didn't know what to expect upon my arrival. We had a rough start coming to Orlando in August we stayed for a week. After arriving at Westgate all my worries were erased away. from the beautiful landscapes, great staff, and beautiful rooms. I will definately be returning back. haven't stop talking about it..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay at Westgate Vacation Villas. We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. We are thrilled that you will be returning and look forward to your next stay with us.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I read reviews before visiting Westgate Villa and I can honestly say that I saw NONE of the negativity I read in some of the reviews. We arrived on 8/12/13 for 8days/7nights and had a 2 bdrm deluxe villa. I was abit concerned but I wound up having one of my BEST vacations EVER!! Everything was spacious, clean, in working order and very comfortable. The grounds were lovely and we saw and photographed ducks outside our patio and a baby swan or seagull. We weren't too sure what it was. At check in I'm ashamed to say I acted a right fool over something that was truly my mistake when I calmed down enough to think about it. Which is why I went to the young woman and apologized for my behavior. Her name is Grace and she was nothing but very pleasant throughout my temper tantrum although I was being mean to her and acting like a jerk. I was so ashamed of myself that while I was rectifying the problem I made it a point to deeply apologize to her for my rude behavior. I do not know who her boss is as I failed to get his/her name but Grace is an EXCELLENTemployee. She remained cordial, pleasant, calm and kind the entire time. That is what I call great customer service, this woman did her job while sticking to protocol and making me feel like the most important customer at the desk. I asked her full name so that I could inform her superior of her exemplary service but I misplaced it when i was preparing for checkout so I can only remember her first name which is Grace. I am making plans to return in 2014, yes I am YES I AM!!!!

Room Tip: I suggest renting a villa opposed to a hotel suite as I found it more comfortable/roomy with better...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you had the “best vacation ever”. We always look forward to providing our owners and guests with a memorable vacation. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that you experienced that. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

On August 2013 we flew to Orlando, but we had a rought start as my husband miss his fly. On arrival i got lost, but my oldest son went ahead with 2 of my kids and upon arrival he did not knew what to do, so i call and spoke to someone at the VIP section, her name is Diana Lopez she was like an angel coming from the sky, she help my son so much and i want to take this oportunity to let you know what an incredible employee you have. Thank you Ms Diana Lopez for all your help.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that you experienced that. We always look forward to assisting our owners and guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My check-in was very smooth and quick; everyone was very helpful; the resort is extremely clean and organized; no regrets; the restaurants served well-prepared foods; staff members are very friendly and cooperative. The activities on site were interesting; I did not use too much this time because I was out at the theme parks. I had no issues at the Resort. It was a great stay; I will go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you had an “excellent stay”. Our staff is there to assist you in any way they can and we are happy they were able to accommodate your needs. We are glad that you found our location convenient to all of what you wanted to do in the area. We hope that the next time you are in the area; you will stop by again and stay with us.
Newport News
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love Westgate, however last week I had a couple concerns... 1. The Lizards...OH MY. We opened the door to leave and one ran in our guest bedroom. We ended up trapping him in the room and had to wait hours for someone to come and get it. We was not sure the man really got it so we spent the last couple days sleeping on the sofa and in the master bedroom.
2. The train ride..... We were told it come every 10 mins. it would be nice to have actual times for each stop like the public bus does.

Other then that I love westgate!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to read that your overall stay was not satisfactory, we are always looking to improve and your feedback is of great help. We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!