“Close & reasonably priced!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Vacation Villas

You added Westgate Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Westgate Vacation Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7700 Westgate Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
“Close & reasonably priced!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in the SSS building in a 1 bedroom/2 bath unit. It was very clean, well maintained, and spacious. I used the grocery delivery service to have a few staples waiting for us as we arrived around 1 am. The groceries were as expected and produce of good quality. The pool area was lovely.

Possibly my only complaint, and honestly it could have been the late arrival hour and myself being tired, but I was unaware that I needed to keep putting out the dirty towels and filled garbage bags until almost the end of the trip. I wish the night check in guy would have said something to explain, but since there were plenty of towels on hand, it wasn't a problem. The kitchen was stocked with the necessary utensils plus dish soap, rag/sponge, paper towels, and laundry soap - all very appreciated.

I like to jog & it was very easy to get in 3 miles within the Westgate complex - go early before the heat sets in. We did not use the other amenities such as the health club or spa.

The location was extremely close to the Disney parks, other dining, and grocery stores. The value was amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It sounds like you were really able to take advantage of what the resort has to offer. Grocery delivery is one of our featured services. Any owner or guest may contact the resort and place a grocery order; the items will be in your unit when you arrive. We are glad that you enjoyed the location your in room accommodations and the resort in general. We hope that the next time you come to the area you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Calabash, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent seven days in Central Florida and maybe my review is tainted by the seven days of rain we had. Spent too much time in the villas....they are fine, nicely appointed kitchens, nice screen porches (that badly need fans) and the bathrooms are very nice....but the overall property is very bland. The pools are tiny for the amount of people using them....and lots and lots of kids, so if you are not seeking a family resort, go someplace else. The towels are pretty thin and staff is very inconsistent in their approach to guests...some very polite, but most workers in golf carts could care less about guests/owners and race around without courtesy (and sometimes without brains). Westgate is a decent property, but if you want comfort, quality and top service, Marriott or Hilton is a better choice.

Room Tip: higher floors with a view of a pond are far better than looking at a roof.....walls are pretty thin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Westgate Vacation Villas. We are sorry that the rain put somewhat of a damper on your vacation. We would like to thank you for calling us a nice property and saying that our rooms have nicely appointed kitchens, nice screen porches and bathrooms. We do apologize that you had any issues at all with our staff, they are all there to provide you with the best customer service they can. We certainly appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us, we invite you to come back and experience more of what the resort has to offer.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My Stay at Westgate Resort in building 5100. When arriving to Westgate i was rudely sent to the town center when going threw security as i was asking a question the security personal was on hes phone not paying attention. I Drove by many employees i stopped a lady in a pink shirt she did not understand what i was saying, two young men where walking pass and they both offered me assistance i couldn't read there name tags properly but i do remember their names Lexter and Edwar, Lexter was very Smiley and helpful he spoke English perfectly i was glad i rand into them or i wouldn't gotten to the town center to Check In. When i finally get to check in was greeted humble and respectfully great entrance. I was taking by bell staff to building 5100 where everything was clean it was me and my husband we stayed one week in 5118c as we got we raned into Lexter and hes Supervisor he greeted me once again with joy and hes supervisor was full of joy as well. We entered our villa we checked the bed clean pillow cases white as cotton right in the middle stand and stuffed to perfection i couldn't understand how they were so firm the refrigeration was clean dust free on top everything was clean it was like a dream come true to come into the villa smell free it actually smelt like cherry the whole time i was there amazing i suggest everyone to stay in Building 5100 the employees are always helpful and ask for Lexter for help in anything he knows Orlando like the back of hes head i asked him lots of information and there was no way i could get lost he knew some of the exits and he knew how to tell me how to get to Disney quicker than usual he told me the back way to go get to animal kingdom from the resort took me 5 min and there it was i was amazed. The Market Place was nice everything was amazing great place to stay i Give it 10 Thumbs up

Room Tip: Stay in 5118C best Building no lie amazing great employees
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us. We expect all of our staff to provide you with outstanding customer service and we are glad that Lexter was able to assist you. We are pleased to know that you found the accommodations to be clean and the bedding comfortable for your stay. Our location is really convenient and we are proud that our staff was able to give you quick and accurate directions to your points of interest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us we hope to see you and your family again soon.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We are owners at this resort.. We stayed for a week in a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a loft. Prior to this visit I had never stayed at the resort since I purchased in 1999, but it looks exactly as it did in 1999! The resort has every amenity imaginable including 14 pools! It's a great place to stay if you don't want to spend your life savings at the Disney parks. One feature I was definitely pleased with is the complimentary wifi for owners. They also send out a phone blast letting you know about the daily resort activities. There is an onsite market where you can purchase your own groceries... There are shops... Fitness center.... (No spa onsite.. It's located at Westgate Lakes) movie theater... There are plenty activities to occupy your time right onsite. My only issue was the sneaky sales lady who claimed she wanted to give me information regarding the changes that had taken place over the years. I knew she was going to try to sell me something since she called my room everyday. I stopped by the welcome center only to have her do just as I thought... She tried to get me to do some type of upgrade. Other than that, my family had an enjoyable comfortable stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased to know that as a long time owner you still enjoy all of what the resort has to offer. Our services and amenities continue to evolve to keep up with our owners and guests needs and we are happy you have taken note of that. We are proud to know we have been able to help your family achieve their vacation dreams over the years and look forward to many more.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were at Westgate in Kissimmee April 7 thru the 13th and had a great time. It is close to everywhere we went and the front desk is always willing to help from finding a car repair to a great but inexpensive place to eat. A lot of activities going on all the time...great water aerobics, guest breakfasts,building ice cream sundaes, ect...

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room yet and this is our 3rd time there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Westgate Vacation Villas. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. As you mentioned we have lots of activities and amenities. The resort has sports courts, a mini golf course, bike, paddle boats and other equipment rental. You are sure to find something that the entire family can enjoy and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us we hope to see you and your family again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here through RCI for a few days getaway, mostly spent at some of the parks.
We had a nice big villa, (2 bedroom, 3 bathroom), plenty of room to spread out and not feel cramped like you would in a hotel room.....especially after a long day at the parks.
The beds were comfy, there was plenty of towels and other household items to get us started.
Check-in was a breeze! We did check in at 8pm at night, so there was no lines and luckily wasn't harassed about any tours either.
We ate at drafts for dinner, and did the breakfast buffet! Great service, great food! Breakfast is definitely better than you would think! The convenience of the grocery store and multiple restaurants, you really don't even need to leave the resort
Wish we would have had more time at the resort to explore but would definitely stay there again!
Great location, right off 192 and literally 10 minutes from downtown disney!

My only two complaints are the smell in the villa, of mildew that we couldn't get rid of! stayed with us and on our clothes =(
AND no ceiling fans!! that is a must, luckily I brought a fan from home, just in case!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you found the accommodations to be spacious and the right size for your family to spread out and be able to relax after a day at the parks. The location of the resort is certainly convenient to all points of interest in the area. We are so happy that you had a great time at the resort. We agree, you next visit should be longer to give your self time to explore more of what the resort has to offer.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

(I had to edit this review, I wrote it a few weeks ago in a rush and it was messy – hope this one is a little clearer)
Here's the deal folks, I have knowledge of 3 WG properties. I've stayed at WG villas in 2009 & WG town center 2013, my in-laws stayed at WG lakes in Orlando in 2010 & 2012.
I feel it can be a great stay if you know a little about what your getting into and a horrible stay if you go there with false expectations.
A little about me…… I have a phobia of bugs and a bit of a neat freak, anywhere I stay I always do an inspection before I bring my luggage into the unit because I don’t want to bring home bed bugs or roaches. I inspect everything, nothing flies under my radar I did notice a few spots of mold in one of the shower’s corner wall, nothing outrageous tho, the mold spots were very, very tiny and most people would have not noticed it. I saw a review about roaches (not saying they weren’t telling the truth but you have to realize that many times it’s the guests bring roaches and although its never acceptable there is a chance that the resort was not aware of it). I never saw not one roach, because had I....... well lets just say all hell would have broken loose and I would have checked out right then and there!
About the resorts…….
- are these luxury resorts 5 star? I’m my opinion - NO. BUT they are fairly decent resorts and many units are updated with modern amenities (marble counter, flat screen tv’s etc). I found them to be clean and well maintained. Every single time I made a request or had an issue (light bulb blew out, needed extra towels, kitchen scissors broke, etc), it was handled within 30 minutes. Also every staff member I met was courteous and helpful.
- WG VILLAS AND WG TOWN CENTER IN KISSIMME are both at the same address/property grounds/address and they are the closest to Disney (10 minute drive). Spa coming soon, the property itself is huge, 13 pools, mini golf, lakes, paddleboats, tennis courts, etc, there’s a mini market on grounds that was pretty decent. It’s a 5 minute drive to Super Target and Publix and maybe a 10 minute drive to Wal-Mart
A) THE WG VILLAS are 2 story buildings (1 unit on each floor), THE WG TOWN CENTER are 5 or 7 story buildings (like a semi high rise hotel)
- most (almost all) units in the TOWN CENTER buildings are more updated than the WG VILLAS units, so this is why you see some reviews complaining about old outdated units, because they got an old unit. Also many people think only the TOWN CENTER units are updated but that’s not totally true. There are about 4000 units at this location. The TOWN CENTER UNITS are mostly updated BUT there are many 2 STORY VILLAS updated too. The catch is you MUST REQUEST AN UPDATED UNIT – THEY HONOR THIS REQUEST.
I personally prefer the 2 STORY VILLAS, they are more private (more avail parking spaces directly in front of your unit, possible backyard if u get a 1st floor unit, less crowded pools etc). They were all out of the 2 STORY VILLAS when I booked so I took a unit in the THE TOWN CENTER just to experience it and compare - I did notice it was a little more crowded and loud at times (children playing etc) but nothing unbearable. I slept well regardless. Beds were comfy too.
Here’s some “unit” tips……..

1. The 2 STORY VILLAS with letters AA - FF are all updated units.
2. I’ve heard TOWN CENTER building #5300 has not been updated at all.

3. I’ve heard the units in TOWN CENTER building #6000 were really good. I didn’t see them for myself but they tour guided suggested this. She also suggested that building had great pool so I checked it out - it was definitely less crowded than the pool at my building (#5300). It has a pool bar, lots of beach chairs, outdoor tables & seats, a waddling pool, and a little playground on the side. Food at the pool bar was decent, nasty ketchup tho, average prices.
4. If you don’t like the pool at your building check out the others, they all have different vibes.
Other tips……….
1. We checked out some of the activities at the resort ONLY because I had a VIP card. There’s a per person fee for mini golf, bike rentals and paddleboats etc BUT you can avoid these fees if you get an owners VIP card. When u make your reservation ask about a $5 VIP card that allows everyone in your unit to do the activities for the one time free of $5. We would have not signed up for these activities if we had to pay per person.
2. WG offers some discounted theme park tickets but do your research I found some of their ticket prices to be the same as the park's prices or a few bucks more. Although the first time a stayed here their tickets discounts were unbeatable – this time they were not. Wal-Mart in Kissimmee sells park tickets for $5 to $7 bucks cheaper (probably in the store only, not sure if u can get them on walmart.com
3. try checking in around 2:30 or 3pm instead of 4, my check in was quick, we arrive around 2:45.
4. if you are reserved for a holiday - expect a busier resort. I never do holidays!
at around 8pm every night guest go behind building #6000 to get a spot to watch the Disney fireworks at night. It’s a perfect view.
B) “WG LAKES” IN ORLANDO is also a good property but is a smaller - way smaller, not as many pools, restaurants etc but they have updated units and a spa on property. (again, REQUEST AN UPDATED UNIT). I can’t say much more about this property because I personally didn’t stay here but my sis law stayed there twice and loves it, not sure if she’s aware that the one in Kissimmee is way bigger but she may just prefer the smaller grounds. Either way she has the same standards that I do when it comes to staying in hotels. I can also tell you that a few WG staff members mentioned to me that they prefer the Kissimmee location because it’s larger with more things to do. It really depends on what you’re looking for; I think you’ll be ok with either property.

C) TIMES SHARES SALES AND THE TOUR
Most of you are aware that WG offers unit rentals at significantly low prices (around $65- $100 per night more or less) and you get a condo-like stay BUT in order to get these prices you have to attend a tour. I paid about $78 a night for 2 bd, 2 bath for 6 nights in THE TOWN CENTER building. I took the tour, I personally didn’t mind the tour (which was an about 2 1/2 to 3hrs). To me, giving an average 3 hrs of my time is worth saving a couple of hundred bucks when another hotel will most likely have less to offer. Also my husband and I have been considering purchasing a timeshare so we were actually interested in the tour. Nevertheless we didn’t purchase anything because we didn’t find exactly what we wanted, the prices didn’t work for us and we didn’t agree with ALL the terms of their proposal. (I'm a real estate paralegal so I have a little knowledge on purchasing property, contracts etc). Nevertheless, in my 2 my experiences with the tours I didn’t find the tour guides to be overly aggressive or pushy at all, it was more like an opinionated discussion where they would tells us all the pros of purchasing a time share from them and I would pitch their sale and I counter with my concerns and questions - real concerns and questions and by the end of the tour we werent satisfied, so there was no deal and they let us go. Before and after the tour NO ONE bothered or harassed us – not once, (although I kept the phone of the hook after 9pm because I don’t like to be disturbed by the phone in the morning while on vacation. (got that tip from another review on here)
TOUR TIPS…….
1. They have to do whatever it takes to get you to at least get you to “consider” purchasing something. Don’t take it personal if they keep trying or sending different tours guides over to persuade you – their just doing their jobs. If you truly don’t want to purchase anything – tell them why and stand firm with your decision if that’s what you believe in.
2. Watch the clock, if your tour starts to go over the 2 hrs – let them know.
3. if you are not 100% sure of what your are reading/signing/buying/getting into - DON’T DO IT!
4. Most real estate contracts has a clause that allows you to have YOUR attorney review it within 3 days of signing, this way if your attorney finds something not in your favor, the contract may be canceled or changed within 3 days of your execution. If you are on vacation and do not have access to your attorney within the next 3 days and you sign a contract with them - you are legally locked into to that contract and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. They may have attorneys there but that’s totally up to you if you trust them.
5. they have many purchase options and prices, if you really want to purchase something and you know understand contract language keep pushing for lower prices

6. I would suggest taking the 7:30am tour and be done by 11ish - then u can move on with your day. They offer free breakfast (nothing to write home about but it's edible) and childcare if you rather not bring the little ones, or you can bring them - its up to you. if you take a the later tour, I feel you compromise loosing the best part of the day in sunny Florida and the tour area at 10am is more crowded and noisy then at 7:30am
Best Wishes for a pleasant and fun stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our resort both at Westgate Vacation Villas and Town Center. We are thrilled that you choose our resorts time after time. We are honored to know that you find our resort to be up to your admitted higher standards, and that is great! We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!