I think the first thing to keep in mind is that this is a TIMESHARE RESORT that is sales driven. So what does this mean?
1. They will try to sell to you upon check in!
2. The lobby is grand but try to stay out of it during business hours because it is filled with potential customers waiting to take advantage of offers to look around the property.
3. Golf carts are constantly flying around the property along with cars.
4. There are benefits that owners receive that guest and exchangers do not: So if you are not an owner be ready to pay for wi-fi in your room ( 9.99 per day, good for one device only, it goes out often so don't waste your money), on site computers are .20cents per minute ( even if you have your own laptop).
5. late check out is an additional $80-125.00 dollars. Work this out ahead of time if you can.
6. Mini golf is approx. 5.25 per person per game ( same with the paddle boats) Fee to rent bikes as well. There are package deals that can be purchased ( $30 per family for all the activities) however if you are an owner all of this is free to you. Most structured activities also have fees attached.
The Movie theater is free however ( they show older disney movies) unfortunately it was out of order for the majority of our stay.
The property itself is massive; but well designed and maintained. There are several playgrounds for children and I think about 13 swimming pools ( all outdoor, so we didn't do any swimming). The property is very close to the heart of disney. It is off the main strip (192) which you will find just about every major fast food chain, restaurants, and retailers within a 20 mile radius in both directions.
The rooms ( villas across from the tower): The first room we checked in was horribly designed. It had no color or wall art, lots of mirrors and awkwardly positioned furniture. It felt really cold and unsettling so we asked for another room. We were moved to another room that was warmer, better decorated and had a great lay out. For a 2 bedroom we actually had 3 full bath rooms. Much happier with the switch!!! We did have lots of maintenance issues but they came quickly and took care of them in a very timely manner ( things like: stove burners not working, outlets not working, and tub not draining). We also had a old shower heads that sprayed all over the place but that's not a deal breaker, just make sure the curtain is pressed tight to the wall in every direction.
Initial contact with front desk for check in ( gentlemen at desk was not friendly at all, very stoic)
However, when we returned we spoke with a young woman at the desk who was very helpful in getting our room changed. The staff in the activity center, at the greeting desk in the lobby, at the attraction ticket sales and maintenance were all GREAT. So one bad apple did not spoil the bunch.
We've been exchanging into resorts for about 15 yrs. so we've seen all types. This is a good one but for people used to hotels be forewarned that they are run differently.
Try to see your room before checking into it.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are a timeshare resort and we are proud to offer every guest the opportunity of participating in one of our timeshare presentations. For doing so we do offer incentives in return for your time, however participation is voluntary. We do also offer lots of amenities and activities on site for the entire family to enjoy. We are certainly very conveniently located to all the attractions and even offer transportation to the parks. We are pleased to know you were able to enjoy our facility and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.