“Avoid the 90 minute tour!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Westgate Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Westgate Vacation Villas
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7700 Westgate Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Atlanta, GA
“Avoid the 90 minute tour!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Overall, the facility itself is absolutely great. We rented a 2-bedroom unit and loved it. The unit was clean, bright, and spacious. The whole complex is very well maintained, well-staffed, and in a convenient location ... HOWEVER, do NOT be tempted by a reduced rate offered to you if only you attend a 90 minute "tour".

In order to get a discount on a timeshare rental, I've been on timeshare "tours" before, but I've never experienced such a frustrating and excruciating sales presentation as I experienced at Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee.

It began at 7:30am, therefore it should have ended at 9:00am, right? At 10:00am, after 2 and a half hours of me saying "No thank you ... no thank you", I finally gathered my family and walked away. The saleswoman had been very polite up until then, but as I was walking away, she threatened to impose penalties and fines to my credit card if I didn't wait for yet ANOTHER manager to come and try to "close" me. I left anyway. I tried to tell them that that day was my family's last day of vacation, but they didn't care. They still threatened to charge me an extra $1000 on my credit card if I didn't come back and continue to wait.

The procedure has been identical at all three of the "tour" I've been on: the salesperson spends time chatting with you, laughing at everything you say, telling personal things about themselves to show you how similar they are to you (family, children, etc). The pricing strategy was the same as the last two timeshare sales presentations that I've suffered through. The first price was presented ($33k for a 2 bdrm unit); I said "no". Then I was shown a much reduced second price because [enter some reason here], in this case $22k for the same unit. I again said "no". Then a third, "hush hush, don't tell anyone that I gave this deal to you [this was a repo, etc]" at a price of $6000 for 1 week every OTHER year instead of one week per year. Finally I walked away even though I was threatened with penalties.

In the elevator, we saw another couple who also had a 7:30 appt and didn't get to leave until 10:00. Apparently, 2.5 hrs is the minimum.

So if you can RENT an IDENTICAL timeshare unit for around $650/wk anytime you want to, why would you pay $22,000 -32,000 and THEN pay an additional $600 annual maintenance fee?! The rental price is practically equal to the annual maintenance fee!

Again, it is a nice place, and I would RENT there again, but avoid the "tour" at all costs!!

• Liked — large, spacious condos
  • Disliked — the high pressure sales presentation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Peterborough Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

Stayed third week of Feb. 2008. Before I went I read all the reviews and hundreds for the Lakes site (30 below and 5 feet snow here). I expected the worst and prepared to wait at check in, check out, sales presentation etc. Check in pretty quick but sent to wrong line. Tried to insist that I would go to room with a map but they won't give me a key unless I was escorted. I told them that I had a dinner engagment (which I did) and they better make it quick which he did, he just wanted to get rid of me and didn't even try a sales pitch or follow up meeting. Unplugged phone when I got in room.Room exellent, clean and just as advertised, grounds just as nice. Pool ok but a little cool, staff ok, store super expensive. Sales presentation took 95 minutes I told them up front I wasn't buying and they were wasting their time. I can be somewhat aggressive and ignorant and they went through the motions just to get rid of me. Overall for $149.00 for 5 nights and 2 Disney tickets you can't got wrong. The kicker. The week we were there on the local news the resort founder was found guilty in Orlando of assaulting a former female employee. I asked the sales rep. if it was the resort founder and she outright lied and said it was another resort owner (I verified it on the internet and with a local). Nice.

• Liked — Excellent room and grounds.
  • Disliked — expensive store, no free shuttle to parks
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

I stayed here with my husband and 2 children Feb. 8 - 15, 2008 in a 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit. The grounds were pretty and it was easy to find the check in area. We arrived late -check in was a little slow but no heavy pressure for timeshare tour. We had one phone call offering the timeshare tour the next day, but that was it. We turned down the escort to our unit with no argument. We were in building CC - 7. My first thought upon entering was "this place was decorated in the 80's"! Lots of mirrors and pastels. Everything was dated, but working. The master bedroom had a hard mattress. There was a huge 2-person jacuzzi tub. I did not like that the bathroom was open to the bedroom, with just the toilet in its' own closet. Also, the toilet light and fan were connected, so if you turn on the light the rather loud fan runs. Lots of drawer space in both rooms. We had a screened porch overlooking a pond - very nice. Laundry and dishwash detergent, paper towels, garbage bags, etc. and 1 complementary coffee were provided. It came with sweetener and powdered cream packets included. We really liked the coffee- you can get more at their store. Due to flight delays we were arriving late, so I called and was able to order a few groceries, and they were in our room when we arrived. You can also do this online I think from 5 to 1 day in advance. Location is nice, not too crowded and easy to get to the parks. There was a Publix nearby where we got the rest of our groceries. Did not use any of the pools, facilities, etc. we were die-hard theme park goers. We received maid service and fresh towels once in the middle of the week. Our last trip we stayed in a condo on Disney property, Old Key West, and while the Disney property was nicer in appearance, my family's comfort level was really nearly identical here. I have attached some photos- it is obvious from the other photos posted that some rooms have newer furnishings and appointments than others.

• Liked — Location, space
  • Disliked — Open master bathroom
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Voorheesville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

We traded into this resort and got a 3 bedroom. The location is great for Disney, restaurants near by, plenty to do for all ages at the resort property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean. Great for families.

Stayed February 2008
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Stayed at the w v villas for 2 weeks in feb 2008 was a little worried after reading reviews about the place.
Have to say we were never bothered once about viewing/ buying timeshares we were left alone to get on with our holiday.
Had a small problem with the coffee maker someone came stright away to fix it after no probs whatsoever.
Asked for a top floor villa and got one.

Would recommend this place and go back to the villas

• Liked — home from home comforts
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Purling, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

We just recently stayed at westgate villas on a timeshare with family members. there where 5 adults and 3 children and we had the 3 bedroom villa in one of the newer units. The rooms where clean and nicely equipped. The washer and dryer was an added bonus. There was lots for the family to do and there are many pools located within walking distance like 12 on site. the kids loved them I would definatly recommend this for anyone looking for a nice place to relax.we enjoyed it s much we ended up purchasing a timeshare with westgate. The only Con that I could really find was the extremely long check in lines and the fact that we had to call housekeeping for more towels. But other that that a great experience in a great location

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — Long Check In
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Stayed here for a Trade Show I attended at Disney. My biggest thing I look for are comfortable; beds. Guess what, not so good. They were Springs covered with a sheet.

Positives, very spacious, had a washer dryer, great work out facility and pool area.

Downside, very poor beds, customer service is poor, and check in took over 45 minutes, and we were the third couple in line

• Liked — Spaciousness for what we paid
  • Disliked — terrible beds
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!