“Great deal and clean!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange to your Saves list
Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5399 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
High Point, NC
“Great deal and clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed here one night since we arrived in Kissimmee earlier than expected for our Disney trip. This budget hotel was not fancy, but it was clean and the staff was very kind. The free breakfast was lacking, but it was free and took the edge off while we looked for something else. Expect all carbs.

Plus, the free wifi worked perfectly. (Unlike the expensive Disney reports which make you pay $10/day for internet access!)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Though I knew ahead of time I was going to be in the area last Saturday, February 13th, I unexpectedly had no place to stay. It was a very busy time and driving away from the area I had been visiting, looking for a place to stay for the night, there were a lot of "No Vacancy" and "Sold Out" signs. Because the place looked nice, was conveniently located and I knew and trusted the name though I had never stayed at one before, I stopped at the Travelodge and waited in line at the registration desk. Hearing the conversation with those in line ahead of me, I could tell there were still rooms available and that I did not need to leave and search further.

Sophie was the clerk on duty and while I was waiting, I watched how she took care of those ahead of me, answering the phone and tending to everything else at the same time, never losing her serene, pleasant, efficient and professional manner, even when a couple ahead of me required some patience on Sophie's part though it was given without it being obvious that it was being given.

When it was my turn, everything was perfect; Sophie gave me the type of room I needed: first floor, no smoking, two beds (one for me and one for my bags/things), and although there was not a room available on the parking lot side, she gave me one near the walkway from the parking lot. Sophie assured me (just as I was getting ready to inquire) as to the security of the facility.

I was very impressed. My husband has been in management for many, many years and wherever I am I see things from the management point of view as well as from a customer's point of view.

When I reached my room, I was very pleased. It was beautiful and spacious. I LOVED the shower!

I hope you know and appreciate what an asset your company has in Sophie. She, after all, is the human face and voice your visitors see and hear. She is the one who creates an opinion of your facility and perhaps the chain, in the mind of your visitors. Sophie is definitely a valuable asset.

Adele Potter

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on vacation in FL. The hotel is not a fancy place, but merely a place to rest your head at night. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not for you. If you are looking for someplace to sleep and a hot shower then this is it. Overall it's an average hotel.

Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

arrived 1 am after leaving halloween horror nights without a reservation. I told the desk man we were looking for non-smoking 2 beds, basically wanted a clean room and comfortable bed to sleep in for the night. When asked he said they had renovated (I didn't ask when). had key within 5 minutes. AAA discount total was $47 including tax. What can you expect for that? The sheets and towels were clean. The big bathroom terracotta tiles, everything was clean. I checked and there was no bed bug evidence, the mattresses appeared new. Continental breakfast- expect toast, coffee, juice to be good. Barely any road or other noise and the curtains were true blackout. DISLIKES: The shower looked like maybe it had soap scum on the sides from sloppy cleaning. Slight paint bubbling above shower head. The middle blanket was well worn and if mine, I'd throw it out. If you just need a place to sleep for a night, I recommend it. If something else, I don't know enough. Location is 10-15 minutes to disney and universal. Tons of restaurants and tourist stuff around. Fridge made a loud noise when it revved up startling me awake at first. Kids never heard it. I prefer 4 star hotels, but this was good value for our purpose.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

i stayed here because it looked casual and i got more than expected. restaurants near and just a little ways from old town entertainment. staff was good and got my room without any delay. will not comment on pool as i did not use it. the room was even larger than i thought. good size bathroom. will stay here again next trip.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I checked into the hotel later in the evening and was given a room in the very back of the hotel.

Upon arrival at my room I noticed there were people conducting "business" across the parking lot in a field. As a single woman traveling alone it made me a bit nervous so I quickly made my way to the room. The room was horrible, dirty and dark. There was a strong smell of mold/mildew and stale smoke. The bed was hard/ uncomfortable and sounded like there was a plastic coating on it. The carpet was ripped, furniture banged up and broken. There were many many spots on the wall where you could tell holes have been patched up, except for one - it looked like they just stuck an artificial plant in there instead. The bathroom sliding door would not close at all. There is a helicopter tour company located near by as well, it was very noisy!

I was able to get online with the provided WiFi, which came in very handy. While checking my email there was a noise outside, someone tried forcefully to open my door, then they pounded on the door, a pizza menu was later shoved through the large gap between the door and the frame. This happened a second time a few minutes later. I no longer felt safe staying there. I called my husband in tears telling him I needed to find another place to stay. I was able to book another hotel online and quickly packed up to leave. I stopped by the front desk on my way to the new hotel to check out but there was no one there.

I have emailed and called in regards to this multiple times and never heard back from them. I finally contacted the company I booked the hotel through and was offered a refund for one night of my would have been three night stay. Yet again, the Travelodge fails to provide quality service and customer care.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
DisneyWorldLOVER09
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I have stayed at the Travelodge twice now. The first time (June 2006) we got smoking double queen pool view rooms. The rooms are very large which is great since we have 8 people in our family traveling. The rooms were clean, the pool area was well kept, and the kids loved the play area/game room!! Since our trip was for a week that time we enjoyed the use of the onsite laundry. The breakfast was kind of the joke of the trip (but not a deal breaker). The location was awesome!!! The whole family was impressed at the hotel for the price we paid! The only bad thing I can say about my first stay was that the carpet really needed replaced.

So when we decided to go back to Disney World and Dayton Beach last summer (July 2008) we knew we wanted to stay here again. When I booked the rooms I was told the breakfast was updated since we stayed last and the hotel was painted, OK Great!!! So I book two double queen smoking rooms again. Once checked in I was keeping out the room ( I'm actually in the hotel industry so I love seeing hotel rooms) I noticed the carpet still needed replace really badly .. to the point that the tacks were exposed. Then I noticed no ashtrays in the rooms I stopped my mm from lighting up because I realized we were in a mom-smoking room. One I know it is a current trend to charge a huge fee for smoking in a mom-smoking room. Two I think of the other hotel guests that we be coming in after us expecting a non-smoking room to not be smoked in. I walked down to the front desk and let them know the situation very politely. I know these things happen. They "upgraded" us to two smoking double queens with Kitchenettes. It wasn't pool view but I'm excited we could really use the kitchenettes. I thanked the front desk person and went on my merry way. Once we got to our rooms it felt like we were banished to the dungeon. The rooms just felt dirty and gritty. The carpet was worse then the other rooms, the mattresses need to be replaced, the internet signal was very low if we had a signal at all (they did seem to have a network set up with multipliable routers), The Kitchenette was great other than the toaster and larger coffee pot (there was a smaller coffee pot in the room that worked fine) was broken, the pool area was still very well kept (but there were non-guests that looked kind of scary lurking around the pool/play area), and we got charged for making a local call to a pizza place. The location is still great, (just a short drive to Disney World) The flea market next door was great also. Lots of shopping with in walking distance. This hotel has so much potential. With some heavy cleaning, the replacement of things like the mattresses and the carpet (not to mention the replacement or removal of broken appliances ) during the slow season, maybe another router to boost the signal to cover the rooms we were in also,and a security guard this hotel could truly be great! Oh we never did get around to the breakfast due to us having the kitchenette. Oh and the charge for the local calls... please at least inform your guest local calls cost (we have cell phones this would not have been a deal breaker for us either) at best maybe see about a phone company that doesn't charge for local calls. This property makes me wish I had the money or backing to buy this hotel and really turn it around. All in all we had great time.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange? Share your experiences!