“RUN AWAY - As fast as you can!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange

You added Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange to your Saves list
Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5399 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #56 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Florida
“RUN AWAY - As fast as you can!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

This was my worst experience EVER!!!! Upon entering the room, heavy musty smell. There were a few cracked tiles around the jacuzzi tub with exposed sharp edges and some kind of mold growing in it. There was quite a bit of mold in the bathroom. I also found a broken electrical outlet cover. I took photos and video and will be sharing them with Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants. http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/hr/index.html I am going this far because the hotel refused to refund our money as we booked through Priceline. This was a lesson well learned. Manager has consistently avoided numerous phone calls.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Roseau, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Upon walking into the front desk area to check in, the musty, moldy and damp smell was overwhelming. The gal at the front desk was polite. We were checked into our room with no problems. Upon entering our room, I was totally disgusted. There were stains on the walls, there was LOTS of dirt behind the head portion of the beds and behind the dresser. The bathroom floor was filthy....I even took a towel and what I wiped up was GROSS-VERY dirty! The tray on the vanity that housed the ice bucket and cups was smeared with mascara and had hair on it. The alarm button on the clock was broken, and what disturbed me most was the carpet that met with the tile--it was unraveling and there were little nails that stuck up. My daughter stepped on one, but luckily not hard enough to break skin. We put a towel over the nails and I went to the front desk to report the problem. The gal said, "I'm sorry...there is nothing we can do." At that point my 12-year old son took my daughter's shoe heel and was able to bend the tacks down so at least the points weren't sticking straight up. I was TOTALLY shocked that they never even offered to fix this problem. At one point our safe quit working and they did come and fix that right away. I checked the mattresses before we went to bed and they seemed fairly new and NO bed bugs-thank goodness! The shower and tub were not very clean either and the walls above the shower were peeling away. The continental breakfast was very basic--toast, cereal, muffins, coffee juice. That is to be expected though for what we paid. The pool was clean, however, the pool area was VERY run down. Also, the high speed internet didn't work and the front desk provided me with a 1-800 number to call about it. Why couldn't THEY do that? I don't care how inexpensive a hotel room is, I still expect a CLEAN room without nails sticking out of the floor. I would NEVER stay here again!

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
devon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

stayed for our first & second night - it was basic and skanky. the pool was ok and it had a laundry. But you had to wear shoes or your feet got filthy from the manky old carpets. It was handy being on route 192 and all the shops nearby but we checked out and into a disney area hotel called the regal sun for a similar price which was far cleaner. free breakfast was basic. there is a massive orange shop next door which sells discount disney and seaworld tickets. seaworld is amazing.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

There are not adequate words to describe what I encountered in the bathroom upon my arrival. I checked in very late after a long flight. It was about 11:30pm. The front desk staff was cordial. He seemed tired and was not particularly friendly. One doesn't expect deluxe accomodations from a 2 star hotel so I was unfazed by this. It was a very affordable 2 night stay close to where I needed to be. However there are some basic necessities one requires in an overnight stay and a toilet that wouldn't be declared a biohazard is one of them. Not only had my toilet not been cleaned (yet there were fresh linens on the rack?) but to my horror the seat was smeared with human excrement. I called the front desk immediately and let the phone ring for 5 minutes with no answer. I attempted to clean the mess with an entire box of tissue, called the front desk again 10 minutes later, no answer. I finally gave up and went to bed wondering the whole time if I was sleeping on dirty sheets even thought the beds were made.
I complained the next morning and the clerk at the desk said he would make sure the manager from the cleaning dept was made aware and the bathroom would get an extra cleaning.
It seemed clean when i returned.
Upon checkout at 5:30 am I was told by the very unfriendly clerk that their computers were turning over for the night and it would be at least 10 minutes before I could check out. I was not happy about this as i had planned just enought time to get my rental car back and get to the airport on time. Why would the hotel wait until 5:30 am to turn the computers over? why not at 2am or 3am. there were two other people who came in to check out after me that were just as upset that they had to wait.
all and all there has to be a cleaner better run hotel on the same road for the same money. I certainly would have paid more if i had known how awful it could be

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We wanted a cheap first nights accommodation for the evening we flew in from the UK and that is exactly what we got. Place looks as if it needs a thorough clean and re furbishment. Pictures on the web site are a little mis leading. Room was basic and tatty but clean, was OK as we were so tired after travelling and just wanted somewhere to crash out. We had considered staying there for a week on our return to the disney area and thankfully had not booked as we would have been very disappointed.
Not situated in the nicest location but close to interstae etc. for next days travelling.
Staff were very friendly but we would not stay there again. For a few dollars more there is better to be found.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Tatty
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This is our second stay this year and our 6th stay in total at the Travelodge Suites. The property has been repainted and is no longer pink and looks great. They have put new carpets, beds etc in some of the rooms. Since we request a smoking room I suspect that these are the last rooms to be renovated. Our room was clean and quiet. The hotel was not full at any time but his made for a nice quiet vacation. Once again Mike and Patricia (Front Desk) and Robin, (Manager made us feel welcome and were most helpful. Kissimmee in general was really quiet. The restaurants were never busy and Disney was quieter than we were used to. We hope to be back in late January and will probably stay at the Travelodge again. The free breakfast of cereals, juice, toast, english muffins and muffins is good, free wi-fi is necessary for us as well as a large safe. The price is right and we feel safe.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — Getting a little older and needs more upgrades.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

We pricelined this hotel for $26/night and definitely got our money's worth. First, anyone that is staying in Kissimmee is looking for a bargain NOT a glamorous or high end hotel. If you are looking for that, stop reading this and start booking a hotel at Disney ASAP.

For those who are looking to save a few bucks, i would recommend this place. Rooms are bigger than usual as they have a couch area. They have microwaves and mini fridges in each room which are nice as there is a walgreens across the street. The continental breakfast was nothing special but enough to keep us full till lunch. Staff was fine and room was clean. nothing special but had everything we needed.

Things that were great about hotel location:
***Only 7-10 minutes from Disney Transportation Center. We took the city bus that stops every 30 minutes in front of the hotel vs. getting up at the crack of dawn for the free shuttle. Definitely keep that as an option as staying at Disney for 12+ hours is too long sometimes. Ask front desk for bus times. #56
***Although set amidst crappy gift shops, there are tons of chain restaurants around that we would eat dinner at around 8 pm after we left the park. This made it so we only ate lunch in the park
*** If you have a rental car or wanted to take the bus, we took advantage of Walmart and stopped there and bought all our gifts for our 3 year old there.. stashed them in our bag and gave them to him each day. The same things were being sold there and i saved a bundle.

Stayed October 2008

Been to Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange? Share your experiences!