“Good time, Good location, good pool, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

You added Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (US 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Holiday Inn Main Gate East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
High Point, NC
“Good time, Good location, good pool, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I highly recommend the room with the separator and the bunk beds. Nice little fridge for keeping things cool - not real cold - just cool. Customer Service was very nice. Play room, tv room and arcade for kids. Across street from shopping area and next door to long strip center for inexpensive souvenirs. Playground for kids was excellent. Swimming pool was heated and wonderful. Food court in hotel w/ sporadic hours. Hotel gym was small. Rooms were clean, but carpets need cleaning. Shower/tiolet room was small. Would be nice to open windows. Location it took no more than 15 minutes to get to any park from here at any time. I definitely recommend fro the budget minded.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I have booked through priceline and I had nightmare when I landed there in Holiday inn in midnight. The receptionist told us she does not have rooms to provide us, which I have booked 2 months ahead. I am not sure how they can allocate the rooms for what I have pre-paid already. Then I requested her to provide accomodation in other Holiday inn in nearby location, but she refused that and said she could only give in Best western. The facility provided there was horrible and next day we cheched in Holiday Inn. Apart from this mess they made, the hotel rooms and accomodation was excellent. So I would recommend you guys to call them a day ahead and inform your arrival time and to check the availability of room. This was the big lesson I learnt from this trip.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Hotel room was very comfortable and clean. The services were excellent. All personel were very cordial. Buffet was very good, had excellent food. Room temperature was very comfortable which is usually hard to find. Parking was adequate. All in all our stay was excellent.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

stayed on the 22 june, on check inn was told that my reservation had been cancelled!
but told not to worry as they could find a room, they did 2nd floor overlooking the roof and
air con fans!! don't get me wrong the actual room was good but no balcony for 4 nights the sound of all the aircon etc .we rang reception and were moved right away,
The second foom was fine, nice big bathroom, etc, if you are planning to spend most of your time at the parks he accomadation is good. would I stay again Yes

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East for 5 days. After reading all of the rave reviews the hotel was given, I had high expectations. When we checked in, I was told to take a coupon to "Guest Services" to receive a "Welcome Packet," which was a magazine about the area and a pitch about their timeshare resort they wanted us to preview, which did not sit well with me. When we got to our room, it was clean but quite small. We had a kids' suite with bunkbeds and a double bed. There was a partition separating the two. Each bed had its own tv, but they were so close together that it was hard to hear one over the other. We were promised a microwave, but there was no microwave in the room. The mirror above the sink was missing and no one knew why. Almost every day we had to call for additional towels since we were left with one bath towel and one hand towel for 4 people. The bathroom was so tiny that when you sat on the toilet, you had one knee on the door and one knee on the tub. The balconey was so tiny that a normal-sized person couldn't even turn sideways on it. One of the last days we were there, our cable went out (which is understandable...no big deal). My husband went to the front desk and it was turned back on right away only to go off again. While we were out that day, the cable company had obviously come to fix it because our room door was left open (with kids from ball teams wandering up and down the halls..) and there was trash and pieces of cable wire all over the room. I understand that hotel employees and others may need to get into our room, but knowing that our room was left open for who-knows-how-long with all of our stuff inside did not sit well with me. I called the manager and was put on hold, so my husband went down to the front desk. All they could say was they didn't know what had happened. I had finally had enough. My husband used to work for a holiday inn, and I know that they try to uphold higher standards than to answer every question with an "I don't know..." So I called 1-800-HOLIDAY, where I talked to a very nice gentleman and explained all that had happened throughout the week. He was not happy to hear that things were not being handled any better. Within 10 minutes, a manager came to our room to apologize and offered us free dinner and breakfast. I wasn't asking for anything free. I just wanted someone to know how we were being treated so that it won't happen to others at this hotel that is supposed to have a 4 and 1/2 star rating. While we were out to dinner that evening, a mirror magically appeared over our sink. Why couldn't it have been put there 5 days ago rather than giving us an "I don't know.." answer for everything. I was not impressed at all with the hotel and have no plans to stoop low enough to ever stay there again...

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Safety Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

My family and I had a great stay with the hotel. The staff was very courteous and the amenities were perfect. I especially loved the fun beds for the kids. It was a real treat for them.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

We are very particular about the hotels we stay in, so I have to admit that I was very nervous about staying here after reading the reviews. But, it was only for an overnight Disney trip so I figured we could tolerate it.

The hotel is in a really nice location- one exit from Animal Kingdom and those areas, and only a few exits from the other Disney Parks and attractions. There are a ton of restaurants near by, including a Mc Donalds right next door. The hotel also has a couple of restaurants (Pizza and something else) in it, but we didn't try them out.

The lobby was very clean and nice, and the hotel appeared to be very clean and looked a lot nicer inside than some I have seen. There's an arcade for children, and also a "childrens theatre" where they have emptied out a room and put a bunch of kid sized chairs in there (with a few adults ones too), and they have a big flat screen mounted to the wall that was playing Nickelodeon when we looked in there. It was a really cute concept! There's a Disney ticket counter, and a gift shop (I think it was a $10minimum purchase)

My only complaint about the lobby is that there is a man standing who at first appeared to be working for the hotel. He had a portable small device in his hand, and asked if we were checking in, so we thought that maybe he had a device to help with wait lines and offer a faster check in (not a bad idea), but he was not. He asked my husband a couple of questions and wanted his email address, claiming it was for a satisfaction survey, but that the emails would come from "marketing research". So we declined on that. We were not approached directly about time shares, and since we FL residents, we didn't try to buy Disney tickets there either, just got them at the park.

The pool and playground area looked really nice, we didn't have time to try it out. The hotel is also a ton bigger inside than it appears from the outside. There are two towers. Our room was in the first set of towers, facing the main road. We didn't hear any traffic noise, other than set of several fire trucks really late at night- nothing that any hotel window could have drown out. Didn't hear any traffic noise or anything like that. There's also an amusement type park right across the street, they had ferris wheels, bungee jump, skycoaster, etc. Again, a short trip for us and we didn't try that out either.

The rooms-- I must say I was pleasantly suprised when we got into our room. It was tastefully decorated and had granite countertops and everything. The bed was comfortable, which is sometimes another issue for me since I sleep on a tempurpedic at home. My husband got us a family room which had bunk beds for the kids- not a good idea for us because our 2 year old was all over them. The top bunk is not "sealed off", so he could have climbed over the wall at the top and flipped into the floor on the other side where our bed was. I think this could be a design flaw, just because a kid of any age could have fallen over the top. We definitely kept him off of the top though. The bunk beds were a nice sturdy set, and the ladder was anchored into it so that we didn't have to worry about it falling.

I think in general, the rooms are a great size, but the rooms with the bunk beds do feel like pretty close quarters. I would never try to fit more than 4 people in a room like that, and I think for any extended period of time it could start to feel really cramped. Next time we will most likely opt for the regular room, but that's just because we couldn't keep our 2 yr old off of the ladder.

The bathrooms are a different story- it takes quite a bit of manipulation to get in there and shut the door, the door barely skims past the toilet as it closes. Not a big issue, because hopefully no one spends too much time in there, but for larger people it may be an actual problem-- it is a very tight fit.

We didn't have any issues with parking when we returned about 10pm, not sure if it would be an issue in the busy tourist months of summer. There was also a rental car place on site.

Overall I have no complaints about this hotel. We did come home and notice a $25.00 charge to our debit card from them, even though we used Holiday Inn points and got the room for free. We had no clue what the charge was- and still don't- but my husband called them and they took it off that evening. I would definitely stay here again given our first experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area? Share your experiences!